ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Trials TV coverage

Y’all realize you can get a 7day free trial of peacock right? I’ve been able to watch all the matches with NBCSN on the CPU and peacock streaming on the TV.

Reactions: Chips28
It was god awful....impossible to follow what match was on what mat with the intermingling of Greco and Women's. Can't believe half of the best matches last night were not on TV. I also didn't realize the 97KG Challenge final was last night.

It was god awful....impossible to follow what match was on what mat with the intermingling of Greco and Women's. Can't believe half of the best matches last night were not on TV. I also didn't realize the 97KG Challenge final was last night.

I was on trackwrestling getting the mat assignments. The match I wanted to see was on mat 2. I then went to Peacock but they only had mats 3 and 4. I just decided - for the hell of it - to bring up mat 3. And, there it was - the mat 2 match was on Peacock's mat 3. You guys just don't understand how this works.

I had the laptop next to me with Mats 3 & 4, the only mats available last night on Peacock, while I watched NBCSN on TV and scrolled through Track for mat assignments. Some of the better Freestyle matches were on Peacock. Real shame as only diehard wrestling fans would stream Peacock while NBCSN coverage would give the sport more exposure. Oh, and the better GR matches also seemed to be on Peacock covered mats.

I was on trackwrestling getting the mat assignments. The match I wanted to see was on mat 2. I then went to Peacock but they only had mats 3 and 4. I just decided - for the hell of it - to bring up mat 3. And, there it was - the mat 2 match was on Peacock's mat 3. You guys just don't understand how this works.

I had the laptop next to me with Mats 3 & 4, the only mats available last night on Peacock, while I watched NBCSN on TV and scrolled through Track for mat assignments. Some of the better Freestyle matches were on Peacock. Real shame as only diehard wrestling fans would stream Peacock while NBCSN coverage would give the sport more exposure. Oh, and the better GR matches also seemed to be on Peacock covered mats.
I know they are really pimping Peacock, being that it’s new, but the Olympic Channel is a part of NBC Sports and a quad box would have been ideal for it. Regardless, Peacock needs to work out the kinks before Tokyo, and hopefully these problems are learned from.

Its semantics. Call it what you want but the Olympic Trials finals at 97 kg is tonight just like every other weight. Moore vs Snyder.

Technology can be your friend. I saw everything I wanted to see with Peacock and casting to the big screen and track telling the mat assignments

Reactions: bluroptimo
Broadcast info for today. It appears we welcome a third streaming service to the coverage today?! Just the best, isn't it? Not sure what NBCSports.com is, but it is not Peacock. Consis will be on @ 1.00P on Peacock.

April 3Challenge Tournament Consolations
Men’s & Women’s Freestyle
Greco-Roman
Mats 1, 2 and 3
Peacock1 p.m.
Championship Series
Greco-Roman
Mat 2
NBCSN7:30 p.m.
Championship Series
Greco-Roman
Mats 1 and 3
NBCSports.com
NBC Sports app
7:30 p.m.

Reactions: depelland
I think you guys are posting eastern time zone info. I see the finals starting at 6:30 PM CST.

Reactions: Trapper85
Glad I checked here as I was just checking for mats tonight on Peacock and did not see any. Hope I can get the other streaming services so I don't have to miss matches. NBCSN is bound to drop the ball.

7.30P. Mat 2 will be on NBCSN. Mats 1 and 3 on NBCSports.com and / or the NBC Sports app. Who the hell knows what that means, b/c it isn't the same as Peacock. Redunculous.
On NBCSports.com it shows mats 2, 3, & 4 will be live at 6:30 pm CST.

Last edited:
Glad I checked here as I was just checking for mats tonight on Peacock and did not see any. Hope I can get the other streaming services so I don't have to miss matches. NBCSN is bound to drop the ball.

I’m watching on NBCSN and they’ve consistently chosen to televise the lesser matches. Just missed Steveson teching Gwad.
Way to grow the sport. You think the casual fan is still tuning in?

This coverage is terrible. I can't believe they showed a boring Greco match rather than Gilman versus Vito. You could hear the crowd in the background with the scores and we showed a boring greco match and then they broke to a commercial. What about a split screen?

I’m watching on NBCSN and they’ve consistently chosen to televise the lesser matches. Just missed Steveson teching Gwad.
They're not really choosing matches. They're just broadcasting mat 2. The other mats are on nbcsports.com

Steveson only 20 years old? Damn didn’t know that. It’s a shame he isn’t a lifer like burroughs or Dake. Gable probably is the best HW ever to wrestle in the US but he’ll never have the accolades that one needs to be the greatest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT