ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha mom who had baby outside in 15-degree weather could face criminal charges

This, but, I kind of wonder why 7 cops showed up. That seems like a lot for something that doesn't involve a violent act occurring. It just seems weird.
There are rumors that the mother was attacked before giving birth. There is still a lot to unpack here and it’s probably a good idea to withhold judgment until more info is available. One of the reports I saw said that others rushed to the aid of the mother and baby and she took off when 911 was called. So while she left the baby it’s a little unclear whether she left it alone or if others were there.

I agree completely with everything Torbee has said in this thread. These paramedics ignored their primary purpose to the mother and to the child to follow some arbitrary protocol. The woman was obviously not well mentally and giving birth. Go sir in your ambulance for ten minutes and observe because even someone without medical knowledge knows what's coming. Shameful on their part.

The mother needs to be charged so the state can more adequately step in on behalf of the child and figure out what is in his or hers best interest

Reactions: torbee
This, but, I kind of wonder why 7 cops showed up. That seems like a lot for something that doesn't involve a violent act occurring. It just seems weird.
I've noticed on several occasions that 9-1-1 response tends to be overkill. I get that they want to be prepared for any contingency, but sometimes it's just crazy.

A few days before Christmas I was sitting in the parking lot of a fairly large 7-story office building when four emergency vehicles pulled up to the main entrance - an ambulance, a fire department SUV, a fire department EMS truck, and a full-size fire truck. A bunch of guys got out of the vehicles and went inside the building. About 10 minutes later they wheeled out a stretcher with a guy sitting upright and holding an oxygen mask over his face. They loaded him into the ambulance and then everyone left.

Eight emergency personnel and four vehicles, including a full-size pumper, all for one dude who was probably having chest pains. The invoice for that will probably be several thousand dollars.

I hate this woman because her birth story involves contractions and a baby 30 minutes later and my shortest birth story is 19 hours longer than that. That's bullshit.

I've also experienced going to the hospital in labor and being sent home because I wasn't in labor enough. That's also bullshit.

It's possible the EMTs had no idea how imminent birth was when they left her. It will be interesting to hear the whole story when it comes out.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT