ADVERTISEMENT

OMG The NYTimes Magazine has a Feature on Steve Deace

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
I can't believe anyone actually takes that clown seriously:

08mag-08deace-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

Alpha con: Deace in his “man cave” in West Des Moines, Iowa, on a conference call with supporters of Ted Cruz. Credit Andrew T. Warman for The New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/08/m...=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article

I have mixed feelings about that guy, but he has built a national brand...I suspect he is or will be VERY financially successful 10 years from now (e.g. Rush L.).

You guys call Ben Carson an idiot savant. Deace is a true savant when it comes to college football. Guy is so knowledgeable it's sickening.

I don't see how this civil war in the republican party works out well for either republicans or conservatives.
Well its likely to get them a D elected who will give them 80% of what they want, leave them with a balanced budget and be only too happy to play pattycake with them.

Reactions: MitchL
You guys call Ben Carson an idiot savant. Deace is a true savant when it comes to college football. Guy is so knowledgeable it's sickening.
Agreed. I don't agree with his politics or the college teams he cheers for but I can't think of anyone who knows more about college football than him.

I have mixed feelings about that guy, but he has built a national brand...I suspect he is or will be VERY financially successful 10 years from now (e.g. Rush L.).

Looked at his bloated pile of flesh he's carrying around. That guy will be lucky to be alive in 10 years.

Reactions: QChawks
I am going out on a limb here and say this guy got abused, big time, in high school. But he is getting a reputation as a knowledgeable person outside the State.

Well its likely to get them a D elected who will give them 80% of what they want, leave them with a balanced budget and be only too happy to play pattycake with them.
And Deace profits by being that voice out in the wilderness of Iowa if a Democrat is elected.

Michigan fan... check.
Iowa State fan... check.
Cheap looking furniture... check.
Wears cargo shorts and no shoes to a photo shoot... check.

My opinion of this guy is staying low.

Don't forget grown man with a batman poster...checkmate.

Reactions: QChawks
He says "we" when talking about Michigan. I think he went to MSU though, for some reason.

He says "we" when talking about Michigan. I think he went to MSU though, for some reason.

Hmm interesting. I think he moved from Michigan during high school and went to Roosevelt High in Des Moines. Why would a Michigan fan go to State?

For some reason I thought he may be a Clone alum.

Couldn't get into Michigan. From the article:

Before Deace was 3, his mother married a sailor, and the family moved to Grand Rapids, Mich. His stepfather, who did not adopt Deace but gave the boy his surname, abused Deace and especially his mother, Deace said. At this point in the story, Amy Deace interrupted. Every year, she said, she takes down Christmas decorations when her husband is away because, for him, the activity triggers memories of dark, post-holiday winters punctuated by his stepfather’s drinking and beatings. When Deace resumed, the story didn’t get much rosier: Rejected by the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Deace went to Michigan State University, flunked out, partied hard, bet excessively on sports and, indebted, fled a threatening bookie back to his grandmother’s house in Des Moines. (‘‘I hit the triple crown of dysfunction’’ — a single mom, abusive father figure, failures of his own — Deace wrote in Conservative Review in July.)

I almost forgot how good he is at sports radio until he filled in for Marty and Miller a couple weeks ago.

He was as good if not better than any national host.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT