ADVERTISEMENT

One thing (among a few) Iowa does well

Post took a weird left turn in the middle there.
You have to address the 800 pound gorilla right? My friend went to UW Madison and said most girls there had giant boobs. His hypothesis was that they were chugging milk and ice cream and cheese all fortified with Bovine Growth Hormone. He flunked out and then went to University of Illinois and did just fine.

Big boobs, I hate to say it, are a midwest phenomena.

Ice cream shops. Not the dq but the ma and pas. There's one in Tiffin. Jon's I think. Man, that shit is crack. Add to that jail bait midwest high schoolers and it makes you feel almost alive. Now remember, prison sucks so don't go down that road, but ice cream, esp the floats, amazing.

Next time, tenderloins.
So you're saying to have sex with a 15 year old.

• Wow
Reactions: IANDFAN
Ice cream shops. Not the dq but the ma and pas. There's one in Tiffin. Jon's I think. Man, that shit is crack. Add to that jail bait midwest high schoolers and it makes you feel almost alive. Now remember, prison sucks so don't go down that road, but ice cream, esp the floats, amazing.

Next time, tenderloins.
This place Scoop down in the Village of East Davenport is awesome.

62f419c13e527.image.jpg

Next time, tenderloins.
I assume you remember The Great Midwestern Ice Cream Shop in IC?
You got ice cream, and college girls served it to you. What a world that was to live in.

Yeah the ma and pop thing is all fine and dandy but Hy-Vee Extreme Moose Tracks is the best ice cream I've ever had. If you're a chocolate lover you gotta give it a shot.

I assume you remember The Great Midwestern Ice Cream Shop in IC?
You got ice cream, and college girls served it to you. What a world that was to live in.
Yes. That thing even made playboy magazine. It's where 126 is now.

Heyn's in Iowa City is my go-to when I want ice cream. Their black raspberry is the bomb.

I drove by the HWY 1 location awhile back and it look closed. Did they move? That place was worth the drive from CR on a nice summer night.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I’ve never had any noteworthy ice cream in Iowa and I grew up in a small town with an ice cream parlor that everyone raved about.

Now go down to coastal Florida, and there are more great ice cream spots than a fatboy can shake his turkey gobbler at.

Anyone remember the Purple Cow on the Coralville strip? Can't remember if the IC was that great or not, but the little league team always stopped there after playing Coralville or Oakdale. Might have had some putt-putt for a while. I poured the foundation in the early 70's when they moved to North Liberty. Hill Bank eventually bought the building and made a branch location out of it...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT