ADVERTISEMENT

One thing (among a few) Iowa does well

You have to address the 800 pound gorilla right? My friend went to UW Madison and said most girls there had giant boobs. His hypothesis was that they were chugging milk and ice cream and cheese all fortified with Bovine Growth Hormone. He flunked out and then went to University of Illinois and did just fine.

Big boobs, I hate to say it, are a midwest phenomena.
Lots of big titted German and Scandinavian descendants

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69
Big fan of the Cedar City Creamery here in CF. Also a big fan of the ice cream shop at Hansen's here in town. Pretty sure my fiance no pics has mentioned one other local ice cream shop that we still need to try.
Scoopski’s or 4 Queens? I’m not a big ice cream guy but both are quite good.

Anyone remember the Purple Cow on the Coralville strip? Can't remember if the IC was that great or not, but the little league team always stopped there after playing Coralville or Oakdale. Might have had some putt-putt for a while. I poured the foundation in the early 70's when they moved to North Liberty. Hill Bank eventually bought the building and made a branch location out of it...
Was it on 5th Street? I vaguely remember the putt putt golf. We used to call the gals working their the milk maidens. Very jugsy crew for a number of years. It was fun watching them work the cup into the blender to make a malt.
Second question, I barely remember the drive in theater. I went to a Shaggy DA and Herbie double feature there. Did that become the city park and pool when they demolished the drive in?

Ice cream shops. Not the dq but the ma and pas. There's one in Tiffin. Jon's I think. Man, that shit is crack. Add to that jail bait midwest high schoolers and it makes you feel almost alive. Now remember, prison sucks so don't go down that road, but ice cream, esp the floats, amazing.

Next time, tenderloins.

1. Jon's is incredible. Sounds like a name change is coming due to new ownership...Prince Royal Scoops is the rumor.

2. Look at my daughters and I'll kill you.

3. The Tenderloin is the top choice. My neighbor swears by the pizza burger but that doesn't sound appealing to me.

4. Hot fudge chocolate malt.

Reactions: GOHOX69
This place Scoop down in the Village of East Davenport is awesome.

62f419c13e527.image.jpg
Roasted cherry and goat cheese is transformative. They used to make shakes out of it. Don’t think they do, anymore.

1. Jon's is incredible. Sounds like a name change is coming due to new ownership...Prince Royal Scoops is the rumor.

2. Look at my daughters and I'll kill you.

3. The Tenderloin is the top choice. My neighbor swears by the pizza burger but that doesn't sound appealing to me.

4. Hot fudge chocolate malt.
But his tenderloin isn't served by an insane loon. And your name for the new place is correct. Was it always Jon's? Didn't notice. Your daughters will be fine but everyone in my company wants that place to cater desserts. My colleagues and I actually like to people watch the cute old couples. They are super nice and gave this state some character. It was insanely hot for anything hot or fudgy, yesterday. Had a cherry float. 9/10. Little less ice cream and a little more cherry pop. If you or your family own that place, business is very very good.

There are several really solid options in Iowa City and the surrounding communities, many of which I checked out a time or two during my years at Iowa.
Heyn’s on the east side of IC is a solid ice cream shop with a lot of varieties.

My nostalgic thoughts take me back to my high school days when my gf worked at Stan’s Drive In in Osage, I got a lot of free food and ice cream as a result. Later when I met tBW I nearly jumped for joy when she told me her parents owned an A&W. Unfortunately it eventually closed after McDonald’s moved into town. That town has never been the same since, the town traded a solid family owned fast food shop for straight up corporate garbage food. Damn shame too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT