ADVERTISEMENT

Ongoing USPS delays in mail delivery leaves residents frustrated

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
I don't get some people, we had a record breaking snow storm(s) so give the USPS some slack

I ran into a neighbor yesterday that was freaking out because her W2 was supposed to arrive Friday and hadn't yet. WTF??

According to our very talkative postman all they are instructed to do on bad weather days are to load the truck and drive far enough away from HQ to break the geofence on the tracker.

Once that happens it’s up to each individual postman if they actually deliver mail or just park and wait for 3:00.

Being upset you don't have your W2 on January 21st is some real poor behavior. Why you live by poors, OP?
certainly not a poor, she works part-time while her husband works at the Arsenal
well maybe in todays economy a $395k house is considered poor? I may be out of touch.

I have had a package sent to me on Dec 18th from Michigan. The last tracking uodate was december 24th in Des Moines.

I pretty much was told tough shit by usps and that the sender can file a claim 30 days after my missing mail search request was initiated.

last week at my workplace we recieved a handful of l returned mail to us that we sent out in september.

I buy and sell sports cards on eBay and this has been an issue. I've had people in Texas (ice storms) and Wisconsin (snow storms) show packages delivered, but never get them. Eventually they show up, but its all just a mess. Our carrier said some days they were just able to get out and deliver packages, other times they got called off because of weather. They are doing their best to catch up but there are many posts like this on the local FB pages.

Reactions: Tom Paris and Moral
I ran into a neighbor yesterday that was freaking out because her W2 was supposed to arrive Friday and hadn't yet.

37aba8dfb3e4184856e6322a21ec017d.jpg

I buy and sell sports cards on eBay and this has been an issue. I've had people in Texas (ice storms) and Wisconsin (snow storms) show packages delivered, but never get them. Eventually they show up, but its all just a mess. Our carrier said some days they were just able to get out and deliver packages, other times they got called off because of weather. They are doing their best to catch up but there are many posts like this on the local FB pages.
Same but with helmets. Knock on wood, no issues so far.

There are very few things in 2024 that absolutely have to be sent by regular mail. I wouldn’t mind at all if mail delivery was scaled back to only weekdays or even just Mon/Wed/Fri.
And they shouldn’t work overtime or weekends.

It can wait until the next day IMO.

Reactions: TJ8869
There are very few things in 2024 that absolutely have to be sent by regular mail. I wouldn’t mind at all if mail delivery was scaled back to only weekdays or even just Mon/Wed/Fri.
The USPS routinely delivers packages to our neighbor seven days a week. It has to be groceries, dog food, clothing etc… because I don’t have them pegged as dopers. We literally see deliveries after dark on Sunday. This is in addition to Amazon, UPS, and FedEx. Seven days a week.

Meanwhile, at our workplace, UPS and FedEx don’t show up on time anymore and sometimes “miss” a day.

If I could opt out of junk mail I might never have to check my mail again. But I can't, so I periodically have to go out and collect all the trash out of the mailbox and throw it away.

I don't blame USPS to a point. Even commercial packages we send from work are getting nuked by FedEx. However, many (read elderly, handicapped etc) people are getting things like insulin, ostomy supplies etc via the mail. If you don't have insulin, you can die. I am not suggesting reasonable delays aren't prudent but some of us haven't' received mail since January 10th. That's pretty sad.

We went 8 days without mail after those two snow storms last week. I'm all for cutting them a break, but that was a bit excessive.

We went 8 days without mail after those two snow storms last week. I'm all for cutting them a break, but that was a bit excessive.
Agreed, but on our rural route, they all drive personal vehicles. Granted they all drive AWD or4WD because it is steep with small roads, but if the roads aren’t safe, I cut them slack.
Meanwhile more and more regional hubs are being shut down, which means longer runs into local facilities on crowded highways.

Yeah, USPS has been as good as the others with parcels, but my brother sent my kids some gift cards for xmas and it took a month to get it. Thought it was stolen out of the mail.

Totally agreed. Deliver my mail twice a week and save some money. I can do without my Subway coupons, menards ads, home security ads, my Pella/Anderson windows $50 off a window coupons ads for a few days

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT