ADVERTISEMENT

Onion-cutting Christmas Commercial

I thought it might be the Folgers incest commercial
giphy.gif

When my grandfather had Alzheimer’s he couldn’t tell you what he ate for breakfast that morning. But you could take him for a drive in the area where he grew up and he could point to a house and tell you who lived in it 60 years ago. Dementia is a cruel disease.

When my grandfather had Alzheimer’s he couldn’t tell you what he ate for breakfast that morning. But you could take him for a drive in the area where he grew up and he could point to a house and tell you who lived in it 60 years ago. Dementia is a cruel disease.
My grandma had the same. She couldn't remember my name or who I was but could kick my ass in any card game.

I had a hard time facing it. It was scary sometimes and I was young. but I was lucky to have a mother who forced me. I got to spend some good times with her.

I guess this is kind of common, when my father in law was on his deathbed, he recognized everyone there. Something he hadn't done in years due to the dementia.

At over 5 minutes this is more than a commercial, it almost qualifies for an Oscar's short film:)

I teared up when that commercial came on yesterday. I’m was like, “what the actual F are they trying to do to me on Christmas with this sad commercial?”
Exactly that. Elicit emotion to make you remember that you want a Chevy.

• Haha
Reactions: Moral
That one got me.
There has been someone in my extended family with some version of it since the early ‘90s.
Sucks.

I teared up when that commercial came on yesterday. I’m was like, “what the actual F are they trying to do to me on Christmas with this sad commercial?”
To remind people not to forget about their parents with dementia that they tied up out back with the dog leash. It can be cold this time of year

The last year or so of my grandma's life, she didn't recognize any of her kids and she was only speaking in Scots. It was nearly impossible for anyone to communicate because my dad and his brothers only knew a few words of Scots and no one at the nursing home knew any.

Every time we'd go to see her, she looked terrified and depressed. Alzheimers really is horribly cruel. I'd rather go through physical pain other diseases cause than that.

• Sad
Reactions: Moral and drew_hawk
I didn't like that commercial. One grandmother and my mom spent years suffering in dementia. The commercial just doesn't make me want to buy a car.

I didn't like that commercial. One grandmother and my mom spent years suffering in dementia. The commercial just doesn't make me want to buy a car.

But if you can find a 30-year-old Chevy (that actually runs) it might cure grandma!

I avoided the commercial in this thread and got to see it on television instead. I would prefer to not see that sort of commercial.

Thought maybe this was the dozenth time my dad told me about the old ladies sledding Amazon commercial. Amazon with earworm of holiday season however

Reactions: drew_hawk
Dementia sucks. We have a biologic that we believe works on dementia. Animal models start after the new year. I cried like a baby watching it since I have loved ones so have it. It sucks. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT