ADVERTISEMENT

OSU 3rd string QB thus they put up 3 pts …

And they’re loaded w 5 stars. Yall just have no clue.

You can’t compete w the injuries we had, yet KF found a way! Appreciate his genius. Quit your childish whiney ass bitching, that’s beyond unrealistic and ignorant at best.

The lickliter years of fball may soon await u!
Boombox Shut Up GIF

And they’re loaded w 5 stars. Yall just have no clue. You can’t compete w the injuries we had, yet KF found a way! Appreciate his genius. Quit your childish whiney ass bitching, that’s beyond unrealistic and ignorant at best. The lickliter years of fball may soon await u!

Even Todd's confused by this post....

96a308fc-2d80-11df-b45a-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

Look at what the 2 stars at Memphis St did to Lil bro
If you are talking about Memphis' QB it is said he was highly rated and offered by P5 teams. I mentioned yesterday he has great passing technique as he has the ball chest/shoulder high as he scans the field and a quick windup directly back behind his earhole and boom, ball is gone and very accurate. And he can run, has moves, and decent speed

The hawks could have been super with that king of qb the last 3 years.

A 3rd string QB being thrown into a game he wasn’t expected to play against a great defense is very difficult. They also had 2 great receivers not playing.
Iowa’s situation is a bit different. Sure you can give the offense a pass for the first couple of games. But Hill started multiple games, and we were dead last in offense in the country. And we played some shitty teams.
I’m still happy and proud of the group for winning 10 games. But the offense is a joke and I’m glad we are making a change.

If nothing else, I was stunned by how outplayed Ohio State's OL was. They seemed confused all night long by what Mizzou's D was throwing at them.

Reactions: littlez
Who wants to play in these bowl games matters. Mizzou had pretty much their entire starting 22 and they’re a talented team. I’m guessing OSU probably would have won if Brown had not gotten hurt but it’s tough. Best wideout in the country out and a QB that took 98% of the snaps as well and that’s what you get. Plus the Ohio St o line got dominated last night, which was really the most surprising part.

A 3rd string QB being thrown into a game he wasn’t expected to play against a great defense is very difficult. They also had 2 great receivers not playing.
Iowa’s situation is a bit different. Sure you can give the offense a pass for the first couple of games. But Hill started multiple games, and we were dead last in offense in the country. And we played some shitty teams.
I’m still happy and proud of the group for winning 10 games. But the offense is a joke and I’m glad we are making a change.
I can agree with most of this but 3rd string is 3 rd string at Iowa. Hard to win no matter the experience which was the point.

You can’t compete w the injuries we had, yet KF found a way! Appreciate his genius. Quit your childish whiney ass bitching, that’s beyond unrealistic and ignorant at best.

As someone else said about one of ur late night rants... sleep it off!

It’s certainly not the same thing as Labus having a month worth of preparation before the bowl game… It does however, go to show you that it’s not just a plug-in play situation with quarterbacks even though at Ohio State.

But the thing that stood out the most to me and my buddy while we were watching that game last night is the way Day coached it. Say what you want but in games like that KF is the coach to have. Iowa may have won that game even with their miserable offense.

It’s certainly not the same thing as Labus having a month worth of preparation before the bowl game… It does however, go to show you that it’s not just a plug-in play situation with quarterbacks even though at Ohio State.

But the thing that stood out the most to me and my buddy while we were watching that game last night is the way Day coached it. Say what you want but in games like that KF is the coach to have. Iowa may have won that game even with their miserable offense.
mizzou had a few deep shots that connected and osu tried a few but without harrison they did not connect. I was surprised at watching a game where like 2 or three deep shots won it. I recall iowa having a few deep shots in a few games that were not connecting, yet they still won. usually with a running back breaking free. I guess OSU needed a stud running back,. like schraeder. man, that dude needs to be in the pros for sure.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Who wants to play in these bowl games matters. Mizzou had pretty much their entire starting 22 and they’re a talented team. I’m guessing OSU probably would have won if Brown had not gotten hurt but it’s tough. Best wideout in the country out and a QB that took 98% of the snaps as well and that’s what you get. Plus the Ohio St o line got dominated last night, which was really the most surprising part.
F OSU. Quit making excuses for them.

• Haha
Rosters full of big time NIL athletes.

Not in the playoffs.

Let’s mail it in and enjoy the vacation.

I think a lot of players think this way.

Sure, but Missouri wasn’t exactly sending the house every down. Ohio state was consistently losing one on one battles.
I didn't watch the whole game, but when I was the announcers mentioned more than once that the Missouri DC was keeping 8 in the box and daring OSU to beat them through the air.

F OSU. Quit making excuses for them.
And if you don’t think the number 9 team in the country with basically everyone playing vs the number 7 team without a QB that took 98% of the snaps and the best WR in the country doesn’t make a difference I don’t know what to tell you. Iowa will have the majority of their starters from the last 3/4 of the season minus DeJean. Tennessee having a QB opt out a week before the bowl game and a boatload of starters out is going to make a difference with continuity. That’s why I like our chances to win.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
And if you don’t think the number 9 team in the country with basically everyone playing vs the number 7 team without a QB that took 98% of the snaps and the best WR in the country doesn’t make a difference I don’t know what to tell you. Iowa will have the majority of their starters from the last 3/4 of the season minus DeJean. Tennessee having a QB opt out a week before the bowl game and a boatload of starters out is going to make a difference with continuity. That’s why I like our chances to win.
prior to the opt-outs, I would say loss for sure for iowa. now, after watching OSU, I like iowa's chances for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
I think that Phil is really good at preparing his team each week for the nuances associated with each opponent. Normally losing a starting QB should be a positive for the defense. This replacement QB looks to be very talented and is an unknown to Phil in terms of film to study, so perhaps that's not as big of an advantage. Still I think the defense steps up as always.

The question in this game will as always be the offense. Iowa still needs to score points and give the defense a rest to have a chance. If I had to predict an outcome, I see a close low scoring game through the first 2 or 3 quarters and Tennessee pulling out a victory over the final 15-20 minutes. This has been kind of predictable over the last few years against a strong opponent that has the ability to score more than 10-12 points against even an elite defense. We know that the Iowa offense can't do that, so the defense will need to score some points or create some very short fields for Iowa to have a decent chance to win.

In last year's bowl game, Labas passed for 139 yards and rushed for 11. Those numbers are not good. Our defense had two pick sixes in that game. Hill has averaged around 140 yards a game so neither QB has been very good.
Not good, but under the circumstances he managed not to muck things up and stay healthy enough to finish the game with a W. With the D’s help of course. That has been the only formula used the past 4 or 5 years so his game stats were not a surprise.

You do realize our offensive starting going downhill before this year, ya?

Labas was hurt the first 1/3 of the season and hadn’t taken many snaps all spring and summer. Then decided to stop showing up to meetings on time etc. Good try.
Labas not showing up for meetings isn’t true, but not much of what you post is. Carry on with your bull.

• Haha
Reactions: tweeterhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT