ADVERTISEMENT

OSU is gonna demolish us.

i try to be optimistic but at this point I’m accepting reality

Not likely. They may pull away late, but most likely Iowa gives them a decent game.

Not too many games in the B1G where Ferentz's teams get blown out. Especially at home. That's not disrespect to OSU, that's just how games normally go. It's certainly possible OSU blows out Iowa, but I wouldn't say it's likely.

What pisses me off is we will keep it close and maybe win. Oh what could be.

We will beat either Wisconsin or O$U.

Bank on it. And we'll play really well in both games. It's like people have not watched this movie before (almost every season) with Ferentz. Play bad against bad teams... Lose a couple. Then play quality touch and pull out a big win at some point.

It's getting really efffing old losing to bad teams. FERENTZ!! AGAGUJJAHBV

Reactions: PCBHAWK
Not likely. They may pull away late, but most likely Iowa gives them a decent game.

Not too many games in the B1G where Ferentz's teams get blown out. Especially at home. That's not disrespect to OSU, that's just how games normally go. It's certainly possible OSU blows out Iowa, but I wouldn't say it's likely.

I recall quite a few ass kickings by OSU vs KF teams. Recently none, because we haven't played them.

It should be a blowout win for tosu with their talent level vs. this Iowa team.
Like others have said, though, we've seen Iowa look like dog s(!t against not very good teams then turn around and take some of the best ones to the wall.
If they keep it close, you can almost be assured it will be an ugly, low scoring, nearly unwatchable slog.

I think Ohio State will lay on a beating of Biblical proportion. Future copies of the Bible will omit the story of the Great Flood and replace it with a transcript of this game. But, maybe the disgust of making another trip to Evanston to see the same movie... to be among a huge, loyal Iowa fan base that saw an unimaginative and predictable game plan... and to sit in a stadium that proves Northwestern spends more money on chess than football... has given me little hope of seeing a win over any team with a full set of jerseys.

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
considering how Iowa seems to be playing up or down to their opponents this season...

We will beat either Wisconsin or O$U.
Hope you're right. I see us getting blown out at UW. If we get one, it will have to be tOSU, IMO.

Sadly, it's like Iowa to crap the bed against MSU and NW only to come home and shock tOSU.

tOSU isn't a vintage Meyer team this year, so I think they're slightly susceptible to an upset loss in Kinnick. Kirk seems to despise Meyer, so maybe he'll actually have the Hawks motivated to win this one.

Bank on it. And we'll play really well in both games. It's like people have not watched this movie before (almost every season) with Ferentz. Play bad against bad teams... Lose a couple. Then play quality touch and pull out a big win at some point.

It's getting really efffing old losing to bad teams. FERENTZ!! AGAGUJJAHBV
Dreaming. We are just not a very good team and both of those are.

Reactions: dekhawk
I think Ohio State will lay on a beating of Biblical proportion. Future copies of the Bible will omit the story of the Great Flood and replace it with a transcript of this game. But, maybe the disgust of making another trip to Evanston to see the same movie... to be among a huge, loyal Iowa fan base that saw an unimaginative and predictable game plan... and to sit in a stadium that proves Northwestern spends more money on chess than football... has given me little hope of seeing a win over any team with a full set of jerseys.

I don't think this is true at all. Iowa will play OSU tough. We probably won't win but it will not be a blowout.

We won't know till the game is done how the Hawks fare against tOSU. We heard the blow out doom and gloom chant last year before Michigan showed up, and some before the Pedney Lions came to town. Iowa will come to play, whether its enough or not remains to be seen, but I think Iowa plays there hearts out and whether Heart can overcome a roster full of blue chip talent we will see.

Nobody, certainly not me, saw the upset of Michigan coming last year. But right now I don't see how Iowa can stay on the field with OSU. The Buckeyes should win 56-0, or 63-0, or something huge to nothing. Iowa's defense has been commendable, but it isn't generating TOs, and it too often fails on third and long...very long.

Then again, if Iowa had an offense, this defense would be pretty damn impressive. Hell, the D played 99 snaps against PSU and still came up only one play and four seconds short of a win.

After a while it does get tough to keep playing D when you know your O ain't gonna get it done.

I'm hoping we only get demolished. I see us getting decimated or obliterated.

I recall quite a few ass kickings by OSU vs KF teams. Recently none, because we haven't played them.

2013: Ohio State 34-24 (Iowa led 17-10 at half)
2010: Ohio State 20-17
2009: Ohio State 27-24 (OT)

They blew out Iowa in 2006 and 2005. Iowa blew them out in 2004. Ohio State won 19-10 in 2003

That's 2/7 games Ohio State has blown Iowa out.

Like I said, Iowa rarely blows teams out and rarely gets blown out under KF. This includes vs Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT