ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Womens BB

Tigger is such an old and senile piece of shit he can't even keep all his lies straight anymore.

Who the hell is Nathan Funkhouser that all your friends were raving about? According to the box score from that game no one with that name played for either team.

And he singlehandedly out scored City High with 14 points in the 4th Quarter? That would be tough to do when City High scored 17 points.

What the hell is a Class 5 program?

And I'm not even the one that pointed it out that you had posted your drivel about this game twice..I believe it was SSG T that made sure others know you were full of shit first in a different thread. But your inability to be honest and/or accurate is probably some sort of early onset dementia or Alzheimer's, so maybe others will give you a pass.

Re: OSU Wve omens BB

Torbee, is he offering a scholarship or giving him a chance to play and they pay his way as a walk-on. If His son is good enough and beats out the other recruits. I have no problem with him offering a scholly.

Originally posted by Row55:
One thing is true, after Crystal Smith graduated, Morgan wasn't around much longer.
The last I knew he worked for the U of I Foundation. I'll leave it to you to decide whether that means he isn't around. His kids go to West High and UNI.

Did not know that, although in the context of this basketball thread and coaching, I'm sticking with "not around".

Re: OSU Wve omens BB

Originally posted by daltonkimble:
I remember years ago Kansas got Danny Manning to commit. I don't remember if it was his dad, or coach, that they hired as an assistant coach. Then, 15 or 20 years ago Illinois hired McClain from Peoria Manual, I believe. He was the father of the point guard McClain who committed to Illinois. I'm sure there is a lot of this that goes on. I've always been proud of the Iowa program (other than the Alford fiasco!)
His father, Ed. He sat on the KU bench as an "assistant" for the four years Danny played. Never said a word. Never coached before or after, either at Kansas or elsewhere.

Kansas won a national title Danny's senior year. They were subsequently put on NCAA probation and barred from the next year's tournament because of violations unrelated to Ed Manning.

Originally posted by Row55:
Did not know that, although in the context of this basketball thread and coaching, I'm sticking with "not around".
So you think if his two youngest are even better than those who went to West , he will be courted by the UI coaching staffs? Obviously, you are sticking to your recruiting-coaching theory;

Mitchell's dad might not have gotten a T at Iowa City , but he certainly was a jerk. When OSU was getting beaten he started yelling things at the Iowa FT shooters. Poor sportsmanship.

This post was edited on 3/11 3:34 PM by oakhawk

Wayne McClain, Sergio's dad, was a very good basketball coach, so Bill Self hiring him as an assistant at Illinois was not out of the line. He stuck around until 2012 and followed Bruce Weber to Kansas State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT