ADVERTISEMENT

OT a bit: CJ Beathard to Miami?

Seems to me Beathard is better than at least six NFL QB starters. Give the guy a halfway decent line, and let him go. I wish he'd been able to stay healthy at Iowa, because when he was healthy, he was one helluva good, tough QB. And too bad he didn't land with the right franchise in the NFL, because he would have been outstanding there as well. I hope he finds a good landing spot now.

Seems to me Beathard is better than at least six NFL QB starters. Give the guy a halfway decent line, and let him go. I wish he'd been able to stay healthy at Iowa, because when he was healthy, he was one helluva good, tough QB. And too bad he didn't land with the right franchise in the NFL, because he would have been outstanding there as well. I hope he finds a good landing spot now.
He was drafted by the 49'ers and was with them for 4 years I believe. Pretty good franchise. Smart enough to pick up a QB with the very last draft choice that led them to the Super Bowl.

Reactions: hawkdave007
Miami WRs are used to catching passes from lefties.
And maybe on passes of over 50 yds. Hill and Waddle won't have to stop and come back to catch the pass because the QB doesn't have a strong enough arm to get it to them.

Lol I mean technically I guess he was a pro bowler but that's such a nothing title now.
I saw the name and I’m like………..WHO? Name didn’t register but at least he has game time experience and he’ll need to be mobile with the Phins O-line.

Would’ve liked to see CJ get a shot but isn’t he having the same type groin thingy he had at IOWA?

He was drafted by the 49'ers and was with them for 4 years I believe. Pretty good franchise. Smart enough to pick up a QB with the very last draft choice that led them to the Super Bowl.
I might be wrong but I think what the other poster meant is that the 49ers had a starter (I cant remember who that was), then they spent a ton for Garrapolo, and CJB was always just a game or two away from being the starter. He played well when he got put in there every chance he had. But timing is a big part of it.

For instance, this new starter for the 49ers at running back who is replacing the injured McCaffrey is playing great, he has great feet and vision, and if he keeps playing well then some other team is going to want to pick him up in a trade. That guy could get a whole new good contract. Timing, and ability

I might be wrong but I think what the other poster meant is that the 49ers had a starter (I cant remember who that was), then they spent a ton for Garrapolo, and CJB was always just a game or two away from being the starter. He played well when he got put in there every chance he had. But timing is a big part of it.

For instance, this new starter for the 49ers at running back who is replacing the injured McCaffrey is playing great, he has great feet and vision, and if he keeps playing well then some other team is going to want to pick him up in a trade. That guy could get a whole new good contract. Timing, and ability
Agreed. But he was drafted by one of the best franchises in the NFL. and he had some opportunities.

I love CJ and he's making a nice living in the NFL. He may yet get his chance to be a full time starter.

Agreed. But he was drafted by one of the best franchises in the NFL. and he had some opportunities.

I love CJ and he's making a nice living in the NFL. He may yet get his chance to be a full time starter.
Aside from Kittle, the 49ers didn’t have much when Beathard was playing. An old Pierre Garcon, young Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo, Marquise Goodwin, Kendrick Bourne, Carlos Hyde, Matt Breida, Alfred Morris, Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman, etc.

Trent Willams didn’t even get there until 2020 or something like that.

And they didn’t even have an average defense until Beathard’s last year of so.

What the 49ers are now is vastly different from what they were 4-6 years ago.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother

Mason is the 9'ers 3rd RB. Mitchell was #2 and was lost to an ACL injury just before week 1.

HIs internal clock has always been an issue and takes too many sacks. So, unless he has sped things up, his ceiling is probably a good backup. But, i do know he has leaned out and ditched the dad bod so to speak.

IIRC the 49'ers had the worst O line in the NFL at the time, when the center snapped the ball the O line would look back at CJ and yell "here they come".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT