ADVERTISEMENT

OT-As the worm turns - the Cyclone coaching search

Cresthawk

HB Heisman
Oct 8, 2002
Because it is the slow season on the board and in the in the interest of discussion this very Off Topic thread is initiated. If you are offended by the title then don't go any further.

Interesting development yesterday in the clown coaching search that should make all of the Jamie Pollard fans very happy. Chris Williams at clone fanatic reported that "sources" close to the search indicated Jeff Hornacek was contacted about the opening and wasn't interested as he refused to interview. Horny's agent gets on the forum and says that isn't true and that the way search is being handled is tragic or some such verbage.

Back story: Remember that there is a story circulating that Pollard and the ISU president were at odds about the search because Pollard wanted to hire the assistant he had in place and the pres wanted a search for a "name" coach.

The fictional story (my take with no supporting facts provided): Pollard called Horny directly and bypassed the usual channels of getting permission to talk to a coach about a job (i.e. the Sun's front office). Horny isn't a dummy and doesn't want to lose his job by interviewing behind his employer's back so when Pollard calls him and says I want to interview you, Horny tells him to contact the front office for clearance and then they'll go forward. Pollard has always believed that Horny is just using this to get an extension from the Suns and when Horny declines the direct interview Pollard can tell his President that Horny isn't interested and refused an interview. Pollard can then hire his guy and everything is right at the circus.

Conclusion: Pollard is a playa and should never be underestimated.

There are some supporting online stories but because this is wayyy OT and Clown related, I'll let the reader pursue if they are so inclined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News