ADVERTISEMENT

Ott invisible tonight ....

fallhawk

Scout Team
Nov 3, 2009
understanding he is hurt. Didn't make an impact tonight.

Really looking fwd to him being healthy.

Good teams over come this type of adversity. Lots of guts in this game as Hesse played his ass off even though the stats had nothing to show for it I bet. Daniels was obviously not 100%. I say hold them both out next week and bring them in fresh for Wisky. But no game is a gimme so I doubt that happens.

Honestly I just hope he didn't hamper his healing progress by coming back so soon. I hope they sit him next week so he can be back to himself by the Wisconsin game when we are really going to need him.

Honestly I just hope he didn't hamper his healing progress by coming back so soon. I hope they sit him next week so he can be back to himself by the Wisconsin game when we are really going to need him.

KF said in the post gamer he thought both Ott and Daniels came through fine.

It'd indeed be nice if neither were needed next week.

I can't imagine we could possibly need those guys next week. I'm all for not overlooking opponents, but I don't see any reason why either one of them should play a down next Saturday.

Parker is one he!! Of an athlete and a he!! of a nice person to boot. I had the chance to watch him compete in a ton of different sports and he was a man amongst boys most of the time.

The silver lining of Ott's injury is that Hesse is getting a ton of quality reps. This will make him better. And I agree -- he's going to be a monster, probably sooner than many of us expected.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
The silver lining of Ott's injury is that Hesse is getting a ton of quality reps. This will make him better. And I agree -- he's going to be a monster, probably sooner than many of us expected.

With Ott and Meier graduating, it looked appeared as though there was going to be a significant void on the D at DE. I'm starting to think that Hesse is doing his very best to make the transition seamless.

Can't beat the experience Hesse is getting. He didn't produce much of a pass rush, but he was more than solid on the run.

Well, unless they plan to work in other RBs early, I think Daniels will get more than a few carries. They'd like to keep Canzeri fresh too, but who else are they gonna put in while the game is still in doubt if they don't trust Wadley enough to take 1st half carries?

I think they'll still alternate Daniels and Canzeri in the 1st half and then if Iowa can get out to a sizeable lead, then they'll shelf some of the more nicked up players.

Related: Parker Hesse is going to be a stud
Parker Hesse was only a 2 star recruit and was a MAC recruit at best. He can't possibly be any good, especially as a RS FR. If we are relying on fall back recruits as RS FR then this entire staff must go!!!
Unless maybe they actually ignore the stars that all of us use and actually evaluate based on their years of experience doing this......Hmmmmm;)

Reactions: ichawk24
I want to disagree on Ott making an impact on the pass rush. Ott played MOST 3rd down passing situations. He didn't get QB contact, but watch him loop around. You see the QB have to step up in the pocket almost every time. Getting the QB move resulted in atleast 2-3 poorly thrown balls.
Ott was not near full strength and the dominant player he started year at, but for limited plays, he did have some influence.

Not having Ott in there at 100% was a glaring weakness IMO. Hesse filled in but he is obviously not ready. Another year will do wonders for him. If we can get Ott back healthy for B1G play is a must.

I don't think you voluntarily sit guys to give them a break against a lesser opponent. Its not like we have consistently thrashed teams like this in the past, even though it seems NT is far inferior to even Illinois St.

I think Ott should sit against North Texas. No reason to play him. You want him fully healed for Big Ten play.

Well, unless they plan to work in other RBs early, I think Daniels will get more than a few carries. They'd like to keep Canzeri fresh too, but who else are they gonna put in while the game is still in doubt if they don't trust Wadley enough to take 1st half carries?

I think they'll still alternate Daniels and Canzeri in the 1st half and then if Iowa can get out to a sizeable lead, then they'll shelf some of the more nicked up players.
I would like to see Derek Mitchell on the field this week.

I would like to see Derek Mitchell on the field this week.

You will probably get your wish. The Pitt game was big-boy football, a tough time to throw a guy in the game who has never played RB at the college level before. No complaints here with how Iowa used Canzeri and Daniels.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Absolutely not a slam on Ott. He was in and was playing hurt.

You say not a slam but you could have chosen a much better title than 'invisible'? Sure seems like a slam to me.

Ott should not have been out there. He played in essence without the full use of one of his arms but did what he could to help his team out. How about 'Ott guts it out' or 'Ott one tough ... '. The same goes for Daniels who gutted it out also to try to help.

Reactions: hoffmkr
You say not a slam but you could have chosen a much better title than 'invisible'? Sure seems like a slam to me.

Ott should not have been out there. He played in essence without the full use of one of his arms but did what he could to help his team out. How about 'Ott guts it out' or 'Ott one tough ... '. The same goes for Daniels who gutted it out also to try to help.
Those guys gutted it out ... and they were valuable reps too. Even if they weren't terribly productive, it's still important to get the reps because it can sometimes be hard to "knock the rust off." When you play, it's easier to maintain focus and remain engaged. I like that both guys played. I expect that they'll play against North Texas too ... although I'm sure that the coaches will be careful about the nature of their reps.

Reactions: And1Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT