ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Week 1 Games Thread

FAU converted a 4th and 1.... with a possible targeting on Sparty. That would give FAU 1st down inside Sparty 50 with 3:30 to go in game

16-10 Sparty up but FAU driving. Wow

Reactions: HawkBall23
Sparty in trouble. Called for both targeting and dead ball unsportsmanlike on a 4th and 1 conversion. Owls with the ball down 10-16

FAU had some balls going for it on fourth. It worked, but now they're facing another third and long.

According to everyone, MSU's QB can't throw worth anything. If Iowa stops the run, it's over for MSU.

Looks like sparty survived.
Not an impressive opener for them.

Meanwhile the stinkin' badgers struggling with a directional michigan school.

I told everyone Wisconsin would have their adjustment period, if not drop a notch.

And there are people that want to move on from KF. SMH!

I really like Fickell. I think he's an outstanding coach. But I think Wiscy had a better thing going with Christ.

They could have over thought themselves, thinking they needed to adjust for the new league. I think Wisconsin's former style played better against the Pac12 newcomers.

Are you really going to beat Oregon or USC at the speed game? Be who you are and see who is better at being themselves.

Pay attention to the themes in this post, Iowa fans

WMU was moving the ball well, then all of a sudden they start getting cute with trick plays. Misses the 49 yard FG.

At least Wisconsin is proving to be less than impressive.

WMU just went up 14-13, start of the 4thQ in Camp Randall.

friday-nod.gif

WMU might have gotten away with one there.

Think the DB hit the receiver just before the ball got there.

Great pass breakup, though, and almost ends up an INT.

Punts never get returned much anymore. All I ever see is muffs, makes you question ever doing anything but an unblocked fair catch.

Either the FOX graphic is way off, or it took the refs 5 to 10 additional seconds to throw the DoG flag on WMU there.

First time watching this game tonight .... what in the world is with WMU QB's throwing motion?

Looks like some combined form of a shot put and javelin throw.

I'll never understand why you hand the ball off 1 or 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage when you need less than a yard.
A qb sneak 99.9% of the time will get 2 feet

Aaaaand that's game. Wisky gets a mickey mouse win against a better team. At least we know their air raid has already crashed and burned, and their run defense has more holes than swiss cheese.

Aaaaand that's game. Wisky gets a mickey mouse win against a better team. At least we know their air raid has already crashed and burned, and their run defense has more holes than swiss cheese.
Other than a very strong dislike of WIS, I have no dog in this game.

But damn its frustrating to watch WMU give the game away because their punt returner failed to do one of the most basic things and make sure his blockers bailed out to avoid what happened.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Other than a very strong dislike of WIS, I have no dog in this game.

But damn its frustrating to watch WMU give the game away because their punt returner failed to do one of the most basic things and make sure his blockers bailed out to avoid what happened.
It always reminds me of that fake punt Wisky did in Kinnick years ago. I was there, and it's stuck in my mind for years. Since then I always notice they get these stupid lucky bounces to escape with a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT