ADVERTISEMENT

Outgoing Liberal Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards pardons 56 inmates, including 40 convicted murderers!

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
If these released murderers end up killing someone else later, he should be held accountable as an accomplice. Put some teeth into the laws allowing government officials to pardon violent offenders.

The outgoing Democrat governor of Louisiana has pardoned 56 inmates since October of this year, including dozens of convicted murderers.

A total of 40 convicted murderers have been pardoned by Edwards in the past three months.

Additionally, released inmates were convicted of aggravated arson, possession of Schedule II, aggravated kidnapping, theft, first-degree robbery, perjury, and armed robbery.

In December alone, Edwards pardoned five inmates convicted of first-degree murder and eleven convicted of second-degree murder.

• Angry
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I know nothing about these inmates in Louisiana and have no comment on that. However, the power of the pardon is significantly underused in America. There are thousands of inmates in prison for no reason other than lack of political connections. Almost to a case, non violent crimes should not be punished by incarceration.

Lol. OP is so dumb. And as usual, he laps up whatever fox tells him and never thinks there might be more to the story.

Where to start.......

Most of the people he has/is pardoning have already been released from prison. He is simply pardoning them to restore some of their rights.

Most of the people he has/is pardoning are recommendations that came from an advisory board that the previous governor (repub Jindal) created to deal with the backlog and he never acted on their recommendations.

Most of these people committed crimes back in the 70's and 80's and served their time. Most are lower income minorities who didn't have the means for the best defense. Some were overcharged and over sentenced due to this. Some were rightfully convicted and served time but LA has one of the highest percentage of imprisoned individuals in the country and the state has been working for years to work on reducing the number of inmates.

I know none of this fits the R's narrative, but as usual, they don't care about facts

Last edited:
I know nothing about these inmates in Louisiana and have no comment on that. However, the power of the pardon is significantly underused in America. There are thousands of inmates in prison for no reason other than lack of political connections. Almost to a case, non violent crimes should not be punished by incarceration.
Signed:
Bernie Madoff

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Lol. OP is so dumb. And as usual, he laps up whatever fox tells him and never things there might be more to the story.

Where to start.......

Most of the people he has/is pardoning have already been released from prison. He is simply pardoning them to restore some of their rights.

Most of the people he has/is pardoning are recommendations that came from an advisory board that the previous governor (repub Jindal) created to deal with the backlog and he never acted on their recommendations.

Most of these people committed crimes back in the 70's and 80's and served their time. Most are lower income minorities who didn't have the means for the best defense. Some were overcharged and over sentenced due to this. Some were rightfully convicted and served time but LA has one of the highest percentage of imprisoned individuals in the country and the state has been working for years to work on reducing the number of inmates.

I know none of this fits the R's narrative, but as usual, they don't care about facts

Thanks for posting.

Is Rico a dumb ass? He sure seems like he is.

How bout you take them in so they can interact with your family if that's the way you feel. Let the rest of us live in peace and safety.

Including financial crimes, numbnuts?

We imprison way way way way too many pee in this country.
200w.gif

there are equally effective methods of punishment that are way more cost effective.

If you say, "restorative justice," I swear I won't haul off and haymaker you.

But you're thinking, "restorative justice," right?

We imprison way way way way too many pee in this country. Why should we imprison someone when there are equally effective methods of punishment that are way more cost effective.
The death penalty when applied and carried out swiftly is pretty cost effective, opens up prison space for other criminal types.

There are way way way too many people on death row who should have been executed years ago, let's speed things up and get this pony moving!!

The death penalty when applied and carried out swiftly is pretty cost effective, opens up prison space for other criminal types.

There are way way way too many people on death row who should have been executed years ago, let's speed things up and get this pony moving!!
How can you have that much faith in the justice system?

Wonder why dems gets labeled soft on crime and anti-American?
Wonder why you’re a f**king miran? No?

Is it the spelling that got you?

The levels of the dunning-Krueger that you exhibit on the daily is astounding.

FYI. I misspelled on purpose.

Wonder why dems gets labeled soft on crime and anti-American?
What’s amazing Abby is that Louisianan’s knew exactly what they were voting for when they elected Edwards Governor. He had served jail time before as Governor. Some states like crooks, I guess. But then if Louisiana elected Edwards as Governor.....What kind of character was his Republican opponent?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT