ADVERTISEMENT

Outlast on Netflix

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Very entertaining show, but I am not sure how I feel about it. It is a show created by the guy who did the first few seasons of Alone on the History Channel, which I love. It is crafted and looks a LOT like Alone. But then there is a Survivor/Hunger Games element to it, where you are split into teams and you try to outlast other teams. I won't spoil it, but the show goes off the rails to the point where there was the possibility of real violence, and I was thinking jesus that is messed up. Anyone else watch it?

I watched - I liked the concept, however they need to polish it a bit more. Pairs might be better than 4's? Or put more thought into the teams besides "ok, quickly divide into 4 and the show begins."

Reactions: Tenacious E
I watched - I liked the concept, however they need to polish it a bit more. Pairs might be better than 4's? Or put more thought into the teams besides "ok, quickly divide into 4 and the show begins."
Were you like me thinking Jill was the biggest bitch, and that the heroin addict Amber was simply evil? The glee Amber had in destroying his boat made me think damn, she is messed up. I was very glad they lost.

Were you like me thinking Jill was the biggest bitch, and that the heroin addict Amber was simply evil? The glee Amber had in destroying his boat made me think damn, she is messed up. I was very glad they lost.
Agreed on both counts. That took a turn for me there, and really changed the rest of the viewing experiences for me.

But- I didn't know the "Alone" people were behind it, I loved that show. Enough that I remember subscribing to something to binge all the seasons. They had a few off-shoots that weren't great- so maybe they tweak this show and season 2 is better.

Alone was awesome. The guy from Central America was my bro, he just smiled and shrugged the whole time shit went down, great attitude.

The one hippy chick that danced to the sunset, I think she was the one that lost so much weight she could barely walk. And the one chick that found the whale blubber and tore into it like a hamburger.

I've had Outlast on my watchlist, just haven't gotten around to it. Sounds like it's worth a watch.

Very entertaining show, but I am not sure how I feel about it. It is a show created by the guy who did the first few seasons of Alone on the History Channel, which I love. It is crafted and looks a LOT like Alone. But then there is a Survivor/Hunger Games element to it, where you are split into teams and you try to outlast other teams. I won't spoil it, but the show goes off the rails to the point where there was the possibility of real violence, and I was thinking jesus that is messed up. Anyone else watch it?

Finished.

Spoiler:

Really glad to see the team of 3 win. The final two women were terrible and didn’t deserve the prize money. However thst past heroine addicted chick, I bet once cleaned up is a real looker

Finished.

Spoiler:

Really glad to see the team of 3 win. The final two women were terrible and didn’t deserve the prize money. However thst past heroine addicted chick, I bet once cleaned up is a real looker
I was also pleased they didn’t take in the third psycho when he tried to join up with them.

We watched it, and I also thought they need to put some kind of parameters in place to keep it from being violent. It’s also a little boring with no host to guide things along.

Finished.

Spoiler:

She had crazy eyes. Like the ones you would look up and see her with a knife about to plunge into you.

Never watched or read Hunger Games, but I thought Outlasted tried to do a little Squid Game type style. Always referencing "the game".

The antagonists made it easy to choose sides and what made it interesting and different.

Not sure what all I would change, maybe some of the challenges.

Never watched or read Hunger Games, but I thought Outlasted tried to do a little Squid Game type style. Always referencing "the game".

The antagonists made it easy to choose sides and what made it interesting and different.

Not sure what all I would change, maybe some of the challenges.
I think if they were to allow players to literally commit crimes against one another, that should have been disclosed up front. Not to make it political, but there is “stand your ground” element that could have justified some violence.

I think if they were to allow players to literally commit crimes against one another, that should have been disclosed up front. Not to make it political, but there is “stand your ground” element that could have justified some violence.

That was certainly an element that made it different than anything I'd seen before. Brought in that human element of what are they willing or not willing to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT