ADVERTISEMENT

Paddy Gallagher to tOSU

As great as that would have been to get him, it would have been pretty remarkable to steal him from home.

Solid day for Hawkeye recruiting. No coffee in the athletic offices today.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Ayala is a top target-- I know the staff was very high on Paddy-- but sometimes things dont work out. From all reports he is a great kid- good luck Paddy-- unless you wresling a Hawkeye!
I’m sorry I didn’t mean to quote you on that.

This one hurts. Many are saying Ayala is far from a sure thing for the Hawks.

I think Victor and Drake are the top two we need to focus on. With that riding Victor did at WN1 was very impressive. We could use another hammer on top like him.

If only Iowa got points for being the “second” choice.

Best thing is to recruit the best Iowa kids and then recruit hard the western Pa area where Iowa has a good presence.

Ohio has St. Ed’s with a former hawk as a coach.

One question, there was a kid in glasses next to Teasdale during the Desanto / Gross match? Was it Kurt McHenry? Looked smaller than Teasdale but not by much.

Where does he fit in their future lineups. He is a junior in high school wrestling 160 so in my mind that makes 157, 165, 174 and with a big growth spurt 184 in play.
They have Sasso at 149, Jaden Mattox and the Cuban at 157 unless the Cuban goes 149 and Sasso moves up.
They have a kid I am REALLY high on in Carson Kharchla who is a true freshman at 165 with Ethan Smith.
At 174 they have Rocky Jordan who is a Redshirt Freshman along with Kaleb Romero who was a 4x Ohio champ that went 202-3. I realize Romero hasn't done squat at the D1 level yet but he was a fantastic high schooler.
At 184 they have Gavin Hoffman who is a redshirt Freshman. I don't see a spot for him to come in and start right away.

I’d imagine
Where does he fit in their future lineups. He is a junior in high school wrestling 160 so in my mind that makes 157, 165, 174 and with a big growth spurt 184 in play.
They have Sasso at 149, Jaden Mattox and the Cuban at 157 unless the Cuban goes 149 and Sasso moves up.
They have a kid I am REALLY high on in Carson Kharchla who is a true freshman at 165 with Ethan Smith.
At 174 they have Rocky Jordan who is a Redshirt Freshman along with Kaleb Romero who was a 4x Ohio champ that went 202-3. I realize Romero hasn't done squat at the D1 level yet but he was a fantastic high schooler.
At 184 they have Gavin Hoffman who is a redshirt Freshman. I don't see a spot for him to come in and start right away.
Paddy is a junior, by the time he gets to college and redshirts both Romero and Ethan Smith will be out of eligibility. Kharchla goes 65, Paddy goes 174, Hoffman goes up to 197 next year after Moore graduates, and Rocky takes over at 184 next year.

Reactions: fronk71

where does he fit into our lineup? We have Patrick Kennedy at 65, I’d assume brands at 74, assad or glazier at 184. I like those options pretty dang well. Paddy will most likely be 165 or 174, we have those spots locked down for the conceivable future. I’m not taking Kennedy out as I think he’s got a damn good chance to be a multiple time champ. In short it’s nice to get a shinny new recruit, but this would have been excess not necessity.

My holiday wish list includes Jesse Vazquez and Drake. I think 157 is the area of concern in a few years. It’s possible I’m missing someone, but I bet our depth played an issue

Wonder if he and Kennedy end up at the same weight
I see Paddy as a 174 with Nelson coming down to 174 after Kemerer graduates. We are more than fine without Paddy but he would have been a great addition.

I have seen a few on here hoping for Voinovich. I would take Vasquez in a second. He owned Voinovich on their feet and would fill in nicely at 149 or 157.

I see Paddy as a 174 with Nelson coming down to 174 after Kemerer graduates. We are more than fine without Paddy but he would have been a great addition.

I have seen a few on here hoping for Voinovich. I would take Vasquez in a second. He owned Voinovich on their feet and would fill in nicely at 149 or 157.
Voinovich worked him on top and stuck him however. Would take either but that’s hard to unsee.

Paddy could very well be 174 once the gets to college it’s almost impossible to project. But again, we’ve got Nelson once Kem graduates...like you said.

I’m a big fan of Voinovich, but I’ll take the multiple leg attacks and willingness to shoot that I’ve seen from Vasquez. I think Vasquez will remind us of kemdog with his attack mindset and level of skill. As we’ve seen with a few of our current wrestlers being aggressive on offensive consistently for seven minutes is hard to teach. Give me a kid with that go get um attitude and we’ll be all right. Vasquez has that mindset.

where does he fit into our lineup? We have Patrick Kennedy at 65, I’d assume brands at 74, assad or glazier at 184. I like those options pretty dang well. Paddy will most likely be 165 or 174, we have those spots locked down for the conceivable future. I’m not taking Kennedy out as I think he’s got a damn good chance to be a multiple time champ. In short it’s nice to get a shinny new recruit, but this would have been excess not necessity.

My holiday wish list includes Jesse Vazquez and Drake. I think 157 is the area of concern in a few years. It’s possible I’m missing someone, but I bet our depth played an issue
Does Kennedy slot right in his Redshirt Freshmen year at 65 right after Bull is done?
I'm very very high on Kennedy. The kid is the real deal

I stated on here awhile back Paddy was going to Ohio State. And that didn’t go over too well so I just let it be and actually apologized to the board for even saying so.

I know him and his family.

I will add this however.... he did have me second guessing what I was told all along at the end.

I thought Iowa was a giant smokescreen by Paddy all along but I truly think he was close to pulling the trigger for the Hawkeyes. Ohio State bringing in his training partner Bryce Hepner , who was committed to Rutgers, played a huge part in solidifying his decision. Bryce’s brother Cade is also with the Bucks, who Paddy is close to as well.

Solid recruit that would have been a great addition, but Between Kennedy,Glazier,Brands,Assad we are pretty solid from 65-84 for the next 4 years. Unless Assad is big enough to get to a solid 197 I see it as a hole that needs to be filled after Warner not a 165 type guy.

There is no doubt he was going to get 100% tuition at tOSU with him being in state and the freed up money they have from losing Kirk plus I do not think the Cuban will cost them much with foriegn aid programs. As its been said they also brought in his work out partner. Ryan and Co. Are most likey throwing everything at in states, they took a hit losing Snyder and their best move was to lock down the best local guys tuff to compete against.

The Hawks need to keep a solid pipe line coming in from western PA, Minny and Illinois-hopefully landing a few from Ohio here and there. That Along with Iowa guys and new areas like Florida and other southern states is where the Hawks should thrive.

Did you just suggest the Buckeyes went all in on Paddy Gallagher partly because they took a P.R hit from losing graduated Kyle Snyder from their freestyle training center??

Did you just suggest the Buckeyes went all in on Paddy Gallagher partly because they took a P.R hit from losing graduated Kyle Snyder from their freestyle training center??
No! What I said was they have to lock down Ohio kids its a big key to thier success. The KS/Kirk thing multiplied the importance of it and TRyan knows this. They were most likely in on him hard before it happened.

Iowa will always have trouble in recruiting in certain areas..we knew that when Tan Tom took over Ohio st that getting recruits from there would be tuff. The best thing Iowa can do is beat the sh@take mushrooms out of Ohio st at the dual and win the NCAA'S.

Reactions: Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT