ADVERTISEMENT

Pantera or Metallica

Pantera or Metallica

• Pantera

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Metallica

Votes: 68 88.3%

• Total voters
I never got into newer Metallica much. But seeing how James Hetfield has evolved, really makes my day.

Dimebag was a hell of a guitarist but there aren’t many frontmen out like James. It’s Metallica easily.

Saw Metallica 5 days ago in Pittsburgh. James seems pretty emotional these days, going through a divorce. After the show he just stood there watching the fireworks with a huge smile on his face. The whole concert seemed like he was enjoying every moment as much as I did.

btw, stupid poll. But csb I did hang out with Pantera on a tour bus after they opened for a band a buddy of mine played in. I don't remember much of that night.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Pantera never sold out.

This always does bring a sensible chuckle

Spencer Petras’ flag football head coach

barg-300.jpg

no. but they copied the band that sold out. they were a hair band dude.

take it easy on calling out Metallica vs Pantera. At least one of them was original.
Influenced by is not even on the same planet as copied in this case. Pantera was original as they come. They were a hair band that never would have been known if they didn't change. I didn't even know they had hair band shit for 5 years or more. Cowboys from Hell is their debut album.

I wonder who wins a poll between Megadeth and Pantera on HORT.

Influenced by is not even on the same planet as copied in this case. Pantera was original as they come. They were a hair band that never would have been known if they didn't change. I didn't even know they had hair band shit for 5 years or more. Cowboys from Hell is their debut album.
it doesn't change the fact that they changed their sound. to say Metallica "sold out" while ignoring that the other band changed their sound to what the other band originated is f@$king stupid. Sorry it just is. I don't even understand how it's an arguemnent.

it doesn't change the fact that they changed their sound. to say Metallica "sold out" while ignoring that the other band changed their sound to what the other band originated is f@$king stupid. Sorry it just is. I don't even understand how it's an arguemnent.
That is beyond ridiculous imo. They didn't change to what the other band started as. Early Metallica was full on thrash. You couldn't begin to say Pantera was thrash. Pantera saved the world from grunge and changed metal for the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT