ADVERTISEMENT

Paris suggestions needed

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
I'm taking Mrs Radley to Paris this September for our 30th anniversary. For the most part she already has set the schedule (she's been there before) but it is heavy on museums and day time things. I want to contribute one nightlife event (no Caberet shows) and one romantic dinner on the anniversary date itself. She has said she is not excited about the river boat dinners - says the river isn't all that scenic.

What do you have?

I'm taking Mrs Radley to Paris this September for our 30th anniversary. For the most part she already has set the schedule (she's been there before) but it is heavy on museums and day time things. I want to contribute one nightlife event (no Caberet shows) and one romantic dinner on the anniversary date itself. She has said she is not excited about the river boat dinners - says the river isn't all that scenic.

What do you have?
Get her some French onion soup and a baguette and then take her to a hawt sex auction. Paris has some of the best!

688b95a721964ec4e61e873933f21063.jpg

Reactions: drew_hawk
First, congrats.

Musee de l’orangerie before the louvre

Honestly, just stroll the streets. When you get tired, sit down at a cafe, for as long as you like, with a coffee and baguette.

Well, that will be most of our days. I would like to do a special restaurant one night, and I would like something a little less tranquil one evening.

Well, that will be most of our days. I would like to do a special restaurant one night, and I would like something a little less tranquil one evening.
Sadly art, when mrs a and I went a few years back, we kept it really tranquil.

With that said, have you considered a night at the Paris opera? Wow factor. Turandot in November!! Doesn’t get much more dramatic than the nessun dorma aria.

The more I think about it , this is it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: hwk23

What do you have?
City pass is a must.

Find a good podcast where you can go back and listen to a bunch of episodes. Best thing to do. I swear. There are a few.

Get her some French onion soup and a baguette and then take her to a hawt sex auction. Paris has some of the best!

688b95a721964ec4e61e873933f21063.jpg
Take her to “AuPied de Chacon” (The Pig’s Foot) restaurant at midnight for a bowl of French Onion soup….its over by the Les Halles district…….Its quite a “post-theater” meeting place for Paris natives and the onion soup is world renown…..

Reactions: Torg
Also….if you. Are there on a Sunday, go to St Sulpice Cathedral for the late mornings service…after the service you can walk up the stairs and observe the organist play this monstrosity! It is impressively LOUD! I think you can check with a Rick Steves travel guide of Paris for particulars…..Also, St Sulpician is the church featured in “The DiVinci Code” movie….see the arrow in the floor!

About two blocks east of Notre Dame is St. Chapelle. It was the chapel of the royalty. unlike Notre Dame you have to pay to get in, about $20, but well worth it.
d1.jpg

http://www.caveaudelahuchette.fr/2/

Here is a little jazz/dance club on the left bank that we like a lot. It is down in the cellar/cave of the bar.

From the link:

"Every evening a jazz band performs for the listening pleasure of regulars and vistors alike.
Dance in the timeless tradition of Saint-Germain des Prés jazz with the best boppers in Paris.
Whether you are just a Jazz-Lover, like to dance your socks off, or are a professional musician,
the exceptional atmosphere of the club will remind you of the Cotton Club and the Savoyin the glory days.
This legendary club is the perfect place to experience Paris by night. Even Hollywood wants a slice
of the action, judging by the Caveau’s recent appearance in La La Land.
From 1946 the greatest jazzmen in the world have appeared regulary:
Jean-Paul Amouroux, Georges Arvanitas, Pete Allen, Marcel Azzola, Ronald Baker, Gianni Basso, Sidney Bechet, Milt Buckner, Claude Bolling, Art Blakey and his Jazz Messengers, Carlos, Bill Coleman, Al Copley, Gene Mighty Flea Conners, Al Copley, Kenny Davern, Wild Bill Davis, Manu Dibango, Sacha Distel, Dany Doriz, Harry Sweet Edison, Marc Fosset, Panama Francis et ses Savoy Sultants, Mandy Gaines, Al Grey, Lionel Hampton, Scott Hamilton, Nancy Holloway, Duffy Jackson, King Pleasure & the Biscuit boys, Marc Laferrière, Guy Lafitte, Claude Luter, Eric Luter, Joey Morant, Christian Morin, Jean-Michel Proust, Maxim Saury, Patrick Saussois, Memphis Slim, Gilda Solve, The Jive Aces, Claude Tissendier, Tina May, Benny Vasseur, Detroit Gary Wiggins, Bob Wilber, Zanini, Finn Ziegler, etc.

Open every day all year round, the Caveau de la Huchette is a way to see a different side of Paris while immersing yourself in the world of jazz and swing!
If Paris is indeed "a moveable feast" the Caveau de la Huchette is the city’s best showcase. It’s a place where the locals come to have a good time alongside visitors from all over the world.
This legendary club is the perfect place to experience Paris by night. Even Hollywood wants a slice of the action, judging by the Caveau’s recent appearance in La La Land. So, how about you?"

Underrated:

Sacre Coeur and surrounding Montmartre
Pigalle
Jardin Des Plantes
Luxembourg Gardens
Park Des Princes
Catacombs/Pere Lachaise
Rodin Museum

Rated Right:
Eiffel Tower
Champs Elysee’/Arc de Triomphe
The Louvre
Centre Pompidou
Musee’ D’Orsay

Overrated:
Notre Dame (Inside. Outside from the bridges is cool)
Place de la Concord
Versailles
Stade de France

http://www.caveaudelahuchette.fr/2/

Here is a little jazz/dance club on the left bank that we like a lot. It is down in the cellar/cave of the bar.

From the link:

"Every evening a jazz band performs for the listening pleasure of regulars and vistors alike.
Dance in the timeless tradition of Saint-Germain des Prés jazz with the best boppers in Paris.
Whether you are just a Jazz-Lover, like to dance your socks off, or are a professional musician,
the exceptional atmosphere of the club will remind you of the Cotton Club and the Savoyin the glory days.
This legendary club is the perfect place to experience Paris by night. Even Hollywood wants a slice
of the action, judging by the Caveau’s recent appearance in La La Land.

From 1946 the greatest jazzmen in the world have appeared regulary:
Jean-Paul Amouroux, Georges Arvanitas, Pete Allen, Marcel Azzola, Ronald Baker, Gianni Basso, Sidney Bechet, Milt Buckner, Claude Bolling, Art Blakey and his Jazz Messengers, Carlos, Bill Coleman, Al Copley, Gene Mighty Flea Conners, Al Copley, Kenny Davern, Wild Bill Davis, Manu Dibango, Sacha Distel, Dany Doriz, Harry Sweet Edison, Marc Fosset, Panama Francis et ses Savoy Sultants, Mandy Gaines, Al Grey, Lionel Hampton, Scott Hamilton, Nancy Holloway, Duffy Jackson, King Pleasure & the Biscuit boys, Marc Laferrière, Guy Lafitte, Claude Luter, Eric Luter, Joey Morant, Christian Morin, Jean-Michel Proust, Maxim Saury, Patrick Saussois, Memphis Slim, Gilda Solve, The Jive Aces, Claude Tissendier, Tina May, Benny Vasseur, Detroit Gary Wiggins, Bob Wilber, Zanini, Finn Ziegler, etc.

Open every day all year round, the Caveau de la Huchette is a way to see a different side of Paris while immersing yourself in the world of jazz and swing!

If Paris is indeed "a moveable feast" the Caveau de la Huchette is the city’s best showcase. It’s a place where the locals come to have a good time alongside visitors from all over the world.
This legendary club is the perfect place to experience Paris by night. Even Hollywood wants a slice of the action, judging by the Caveau’s recent appearance in La La Land. So, how about you?"

Now that is a contender! Thanks.

Reactions: Torg
Purchase this pocket sized map booklet before you go. Paris is not laid out like Chicago or New York. It is not a grid pattern. There are hardly any parallel streets.
51-QzOjiC+L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

You will not regret it.

What do you have?
Coer de sacre at night on the steps overlooking the city. But only if you wanna get laid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT