ADVERTISEMENT

Party of victimhood

yep, this shows it is okay for a presidential candidate to be assassinated
wonder how we got to this point

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
I guess it’s anything goes, then. 🙄🙁
I could be wrong but I don't think that's the point OP is making. The rhetoric on the Right has been at a boiling point for a while. And now they are pointing the fingers solely at the left for one lunatic.

Could you imagine Bush or Ronnie doing or saying the things Trump does? Yet, Trump gets a free pass from the Right.

I could be wrong but I don't think that's the point OP is making. The rhetoric on the Right has been at a boiling point for a while. And now they are pointing the fingers solely at the left for one lunatic.

Could you imagine Bush or Ronnie doing or saying the things Trump does? Yet, Trump gets a free pass from the Right.
Yes, the rhetoric on the far right is nuts. It’s getting louder on the left, particularly in the last few weeks as it dawns on people that we have a terrible candidate who will probably put Trump back in office.

And now we have an actual assassination attempt and some posters are fine with it, essentially claiming that Trump deserves it. They think the ends justify the means.

Sorry, I reject that thinking. If we get to a place where political assassinations are expected and accepted, then our country is completely ****ed.

We all knew this was coming ever since 1/6/21. This election was going to be much worse. Just started a little earlier and differently than expected.

Picking the most divisive candidate in US history gets you this environment.

Yes, the rhetoric on the far right is nuts. It’s getting louder on the left, particularly in the last few weeks as it dawns on people that we have a terrible candidate who will probably put Trump back in office.

And now we have an actual assassination attempt and some posters are fine with it, essentially claiming that Trump deserves it. They think the ends justify the means.

Sorry, I reject that thinking. If we get to a place where political assassinations are expected and accepted, then our country is completely ****ed.
Only insane people advocate violence. But we've been at that stage for many years and just winked and smiled. Look at George Zimmerman, Kyle Rittenhouse etc and endless cops and mass shootings. What's particularly new about this? Go back to 1981 and ask yourself how many of these things had occurred before Reagan was nearly killed? I'll help you. Very very few.

Well yea, I reject that thinking as well. Also, this is the internet so of course you are going to get the lowest of the lowest with some of their takes. Have you seen the things Trump supporters have said over the past 8 years?

I 100% am not okay with this because it will only escalate things. My main point is that Trump has been such an unorthodox political figure and has largely relied on escalating rhetoric to draw his base. That is specifically why so many including myself thought of him as a potentially dangerous person back in 2015 when he ran.

This is just not sustainable moving forward. We need to back to normal candidates. This should have been Haley v Biden and I guarantee the rhetoric would not be this virulent.

****ing Twitter will be the death of this country.
Social media has been such a net negative to society, it's incredible. I wish we could go back to just the nerds on forums like here. I know this might be "fascist" of me to say, but maybe everybody shouldn't have a "voice" in the sense that social media gives.

Social media has been such a net negative to society, it's incredible. I wish we could go back to just the nerds on forums like here. I know this might be "fascist" of me to say, but maybe everybody shouldn't have a "voice" in the sense that social media gives.
Politicians are the worst. Rushing out with the takes, ginning up conflict.

Politicians are the worst. Rushing out with the takes, ginning up conflict.
I honestly think my high school student council could have governed the country better than today's Congress. It's crazy how immature and incompetent they have become.

Fortunately we have Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg there to help fix things.

• Sad
Reactions: srams21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT