ADVERTISEMENT

Pass Blocking

Have not seen this mentioned much but the pass blocking was significantly better than normal (for this season). I cannot tell you how valuable an extra half second to full second is to this offense/Hill. A little more processing time and not having defenders swatting at the ball mid throw. also gave our mediocre receivers a bit more time to separate.

And the run blocking was solid. What I liked is our RB's had very few negative plays and a lot of 2-4 yard runs, which gives us a chance to move the chains and put pressure on the defense to defend run or pass on 3rd and 4ish.

Reactions: Tunadog
Pass blocking WAS pretty darn good. Part of that is the run game was working.
We also had the ball for 38 minutes. I like our defense even more when they are only on the field for 22 minutes. Huge advantage.

Pass blocking was sufficient. More impressed with the run game when Rutgers linebackers were hardly ever 4 yards off the line.

Numerous times it was posted in the game thread the RB’s inability to cut to a open hole.

Have not seen this mentioned much but the pass blocking was significantly better than normal (for this season). I cannot tell you how valuable an extra half second to full second is to this offense/Hill. A little more processing time and not having defenders swatting at the ball mid throw. also gave our mediocre receivers a bit more time to separate.

And the run blocking was solid. What I liked is our RB's had very few negative plays and a lot of 2-4 yard runs, which gives us a chance to move the chains and put pressure on the defense to defend run or pass on 3rd and 4ish.
Due to injuries on the line the coaches have found out who they should have been starting all along.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT