ADVERTISEMENT

Passenger Charged With Attempted Murder After Spirit Ticket Counter Scuffle In Orlando...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
A passenger flying Spirit Airlines out of Orlando wound up facing an attempted murder charge after putting a police officer in a chokehold on Tuesday.

A group of people at Spirit’s ticket counter were yelling at the airline’s check-in counter staff, and even went behind the desk – grabbing the computer keyboard and typing away.

Police responded, an officer tried to grab passenger Edward Hariston at the computer terminal, and a fight started.

Investigators said Hariston was reportedly arguing with an employee when he reached behind the ticket counter, grabbed the computer keyboard, and began hitting buttons. That’s when a police officer tried to stop him and a fight started, according to an arrest report.
The officer said he grabbed Hariston’s arm to prevent him from damaging the property, and in response, Hariston grabbed the officer’s arm. The officer said he pushed Hariston to “create distance” and Hariston then grabbed the officer’s hands, lowered his body, and began pushing the officer backward.
“We both fell onto the ground and Hariston put one of his arms around my neck in a chokehold and began to squeeze, restricting my airway, making it unable for me to breathe,” the police officer wrote in the arrest report. “I began to get dizzy and immediately spotty, as my airflow was restricted, and I was beginning to lose consciousness.”

The officer broke free, other police arrived, and the 41 year old Ohio man was arrested. He’s been charged with “attempted first-degree murder of a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence, battery on a law enforcement officer, and disorderly conduct.”

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Reminds me of the guy who choked out a fellow passenger (on a train or bus maybe?) lately who is facing murder charges.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Every time someone posts one of these videos, I have even less desire to fly. Everyone apparently has lost their damn minds

Yup. You would think everyone would be on their best behavior at the airport with all the security and shit, but noooooo...

Yup. You would think everyone would be on their best behavior at the airport with all the security and shit, but noooooo...
Ya that's what I don't get. I basically feel like I'm holding whenever I'm in an airport, even though I'm not actually possessing anything illegal. When I'm trying to get from point A to point B, I very much don't want to do something to jeopardize that. And our family has been subjected to some pretty ridiculous TSA shit before that made me want to scream at everyone for being complete goddamn morons. But I don't freak out. Because I know if I do that, then my journey will end.

Reactions: The Tradition
My ex gf is a flight attendant on Spirit. I figure that's punishment enough 😄

b5bb63ea-2584-4b9c-9f51-26e830cf4f2a_text.gif

Lol @ people thinking the airline controls the weather.
They don’t control the weather. They do make the decision to overbook and have unrealistic flight schedules that can get blown to pieces by one t-storm.

They don’t control the weather. They do make the decision to overbook and have unrealistic flight schedules that can get blown to pieces by one t-storm.
I was referring to the guy who was angry that he missed his connecting flight because of a storm and said he was never flying Spirit again because of it.

There needs to be minimum fares that eliminate the opportunity to fly for roughly 30% of the people that currently can afford to fly

Spirit…will NEVER.
That's to bad. I love Spirit and fly them all the time. To the point I have gold status with them.

I can fly spirit from MSY to MDE going through FLL there and MCO coming back for under $400, sometimes under $300.

American is usually the next cheapest option in the $8-900 range. Given I do this flight 10-12 times a year one would be crazy not to fly spirit.

Reactions: dekhawk
A passenger flying Spirit Airlines out of Orlando wound up facing an attempted murder charge after putting a police officer in a chokehold on Tuesday.

A group of people at Spirit’s ticket counter were yelling at the airline’s check-in counter staff, and even went behind the desk – grabbing the computer keyboard and typing away.

Police responded, an officer tried to grab passenger Edward Hariston at the computer terminal, and a fight started.

The officer broke free, other police arrived, and the 41 year old Ohio man was arrested. He’s been charged with “attempted first-degree murder of a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence, battery on a law enforcement officer, and disorderly conduct.”

It would be interesting to test a theory that flying Spirit causes – and is even evidence of – temporary insanity

LOL - nice editorializing, but I chuckled.

I’d call that a take down. Award two points and see if could go for the near fall before breaking it up as long as someone told him to stay off the head area.

Oh, and regarding flying, fly Delta first or business class to stay away from the poors and hit the Delta club as well before and during flights to limit exposure to these dumb people. Yes, I’ll admit I’m a snob toward people that act like animals.

Every time someone posts one of these videos, I have even less desire to fly. Everyone apparently has lost their damn minds
100% agree. And then you see a YouTube of a police pursuit where someone from the REALLY shallow end of the infamous gene pool down an interstate because they shoplifted from Target or they have a few bags of weed in the car. Other cars get hit along the way.
So then you just say F it and visit family by a Zoom call.
Messed up stuff right now.

That's to bad. I love Spirit and fly them all the time. To the point I have gold status with them.

I can fly spirit from MSY to MDE going through FLL there and MCO coming back for under $400, sometimes under $300.

American is usually the next cheapest option in the $8-900 range. Given I do this flight 10-12 times a year one would be crazy not to fly spirit.
Don’t they just smash you in bag fees though or being gold status does that help?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT