ADVERTISEMENT

Path to 4 seed 100% clear now, correct?

H4wkfan4life

HR Legend
Jan 1, 2016
only way to 4 seed is osu>il and ia>il.

those 2 happen and it's guaranteed(nothing else matters), they don't and it's impossible, right?

No we would need PSU to lose as well as they have the tiebreaker over us.
it would be a guaranteed tie with il/psu making us 3-1 in the head2head
only other teams that could tie are osu/wi i think we're 1-0 vs each of them, so we're still good even if they tie us.

I think us and IL are actually the only 2 teams lefts with a shot at the 4th seed, at least if wi beats nw.

I think OP is correct. PSU only has tiebreaker on us in certain situations. So do we cheer for OSU over Illini? Because if OSU wins it greatly increases the odds of us getting the 7 or 8 seed if we lose. If OSU wins and we lose, the 6th seed is still most likely. To get 7 or 8 OSU would likely have to beat MSU too. I guess I’ll root for OSU over Illini and risk a chance at the 7 or 8 for a chance at the 4.

Reactions: soybean
If other games go chalk and we get the 4 seed, 12/13 is Minn/NU and 5 is PSU
If other games go chalk and we get the 6 seed, 11/14 is IU/Neb and 3 is Illini

All we need to do is win at Illinois and we get a double bye. Am I reading that right?

I think OP is correct. PSU only has tiebreaker on us in certain situations. So do we cheer for OSU over Illini? Because if OSU wins it greatly increases the odds of us getting the 7 or 8 seed if we lose. If OSU wins and we lose, the 6th seed is still most likely. To get 7 or 8 OSU would likely have to beat MSU too. I guess I’ll root for OSU over Illini and risk a chance at the 7 or 8 for a chance at the 4.
you root for the best possible scenario, not to avoid the worst :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT