ADVERTISEMENT

Pentagon Study: Fears Of Gay Troops Were Unfounded

Go Dolphins.

woman-urinal-feature.jpg
Hoosier has never gone to the bathroom at a sporting event or concert because the thought that a woman may walk in while he's tinkling makes him too uncomfortable.

Reactions: OhAdam
Unfortunately while I was an RDC at bootcamp we had a young man that kept getting aroused in the showers, and of course I had recruits come to me and complain about it. They refused to shower with him and that slowed everything down when it came to getting the barracks straightened out. This was during Don't ask Don't tell. He ended up making sexual advances to one of the fire watches and I had to bring up charges on him. He went to Captains Mast and was busted and removed out of my division, but was not discharged. He ended up getting discharged because he couldn't pass the 1.5 mile run after being given 6 months to pass it. Anyway, to say things in the military can get uncomfortable because of shower rooms that aren't partitioned off is real and why should I have made 93 guys change routine for 1 guy. The bottom line was we couldn't. There are no free minutes in boot camp for allowing special treatment of recruits. There have always been gay/lesbians in the military and I worked side by side with them and never had an issue. If they had issues they never spoke about it. I'm sure they hated the fact they had to stay in the closet so eventually DADT went away. After 21 years in the Navy we had very few problems. As for Transgenders, my only response was that with the policy as written guys could transition and never take drugs, or have surgery. They can still be attracted to women. If women feel uncomfortable that a TG woman gets aroused what can they do about it? The answer from the Secretary of the Navy was suck it up. As for those same guys they get to take the female physical fitness test which is much easier, live, and shower with women since they are claiming they are women. Proving Gender Dysphoria in the military is easy just as it is in the private sector. I know there are lazy squids pushing the transgender issue because they can have their cake and eat it too! Funny actually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT