ADVERTISEMENT

Pentagon Study: Fears Of Gay Troops Were Unfounded

Speaking solely of gay in the military. The politicians, Democrats and Republicans, looking at you Bill Clinton and you early Obama, who supported discrimination against gays solely because it was politically expedient should be actively called out. Everyone with half a brain knew it wasn’t true and knew it wasn’t an issue because everyone knew they had been quietly serving for over a century.

When they pushed through don’t ask don’t tell it was an a front. Idiotically stupid and we can thank a Democrat for that awful history.

If you choose to enlist to serve our country I don’t care what your sleeping arrangements are. And God Bless You.

So you reject the existence of trans people outright?

Personally yes. . . I reject the idea that one can change their gender on a personal level.

On a wider level I accept that there are people who truly believe or want to be for one reason or another a different gender. And I'm willing to accommodate that by accepting gender neutral bathrooms in public buildings as long as there are also male and female bathrooms available for us who wish to use the restroom in a setting with only people of our own sex/gender.

To me that seems like the compromise that allows everyone to feel comfortable.

• Haha
Reactions: OhAdam
You’re nuckin futs. End of story.
Technology isn’t advanced enough to cut off a wiener of a MAN but it’s okay he’s still a woman cause...technology.
💩
Technology can remove the penis, or at least turn it into a vagina. But that's irrelevant. A penis doesn't make a man. A vagina doesn't make a woman. Biology has in betweens. Thats what trans people are. Or are you under the impression that biology somehow operates on strict yes or no guidelines? Because I can assure you that it doesn't.

Personally yes. . . I reject the idea that one can change their gender on a personal level.

On a wider level I accept that there are people who truly believe or want to be for one reason or another a different gender. And I'm willing to accommodate that by accepting gender neutral bathrooms in public buildings as long as there are also male and female bathrooms available for us who wish to use the restroom in a setting with only people of our own sex/gender.

To me that seems like the compromise that allows everyone to feel comfortable.
They're not changing it. They are simply living as the gender they feel they truly are.

We saw similar arguments against gays in the 50s. They're changing their orientation. They're confused. It's a mental disorder that needs to be cured. You can only be straight.

Now we laugh at such absurd statements.

Trans people exist. They are real. They exist whether you feel comfortable with them or not. The best you can do is accept who they are and let them lives their lives.

Speaking solely of gay in the military. The politicians, Democrats and Republicans, looking at you Bill Clinton and you early Obama, who supported discrimination against gays solely because it was politically expedient should be actively called out. Everyone with half a brain knew it wasn’t true and knew it wasn’t an issue because everyone knew they had been quietly serving for over a century.

When they pushed through don’t ask don’t tell it was an a front. Idiotically stupid and we can thank a Democrat for that awful history.

That is quite frankly anti-pragmatic given the political environment at the time.

Honestly if these guys had come out in full support of gays openly serving in the military and gay marriage there is a good chance Clinton nor Obama would have even been president. Especially Clinton. Obama might have still had a good chance.

They're not changing it. They are simply living as the gender they feel they truly are.

We saw similar arguments against gays in the 50s. They're changing their orientation. They're confused. It's a mental disorder that needs to be cured. You can only be straight.

Trans people exist. They are real. They exist whether you feel comfortable with them or not. The best you can do is accept who they are and let them lives their lives.

It's still only in their head. It doesn't make them a different gender just because they think thoughts in their head. I don't care if those thoughts are not something that can be changed or not. Thinking you are a woman doesn't make you one.

And what's quite frankly more absurd is people who try to claim they are some 3rd gender or non-gendered. I think these are quite frankly ridiculous notions.

But I'm willing to work with people's feelings but I see no reason to completely discount other people's feelings just to accommodate their feelings. So male and female restrooms for those who want to use them and gender neutral restrooms for those who believe they are a gender other than what they where born as or those who just don't care about gender when using restrooms/changing rooms. And quite frankly my wife pointed out another positive aspect of gender neutral restrooms in that taking disabled people who need assistance going to the bathroom and have caregivers of the opposite gender would be far more comfortable and less awkward for the caregivers in these situations. As my wife has done this before she did find taking disabled adult men into the women's restroom to be an uncomfortable and awkward situation for all parties.

So for multiple reasons I support the idea of gender neutral restrooms alongside dedicated male/female restrooms.

As for sports I don't know what can be done there until we have more data. I personally think trans women shouldn't play women's sports until strong data in each sport can be absolutely sure that there is no advantage.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The fear of gays was unfounded or it was unfounded to fear gays? Never really been aware of either being a concern

Those are bathrooms ment to be used by one person at a time

So you are essentially arguing that having a woman's bathroom and a men's bathroom is the same as believing in segregation. That women who don't want to go to the bathroom and even more so change in the same room as men are morally the same as segregationists.

So when I taught my kids not to take off their clothes in public I'm essentially teaching them the moral equal to segregationism.

Guess we should all just go to starship trooper showers.
Ah, so you're ok with unisex so long as it's one at a time. So would you be ok with unisex if they shared a common room? You know, like how you all fly together in the plane but take turns in the can. So you're ok with going to the bathroom next to a stranger so long as you have a door between you, like on a plane. Or....in any bathroom you'd go in...

Nobody is arguing trans people don't exist. If a man has sexual reassignment surgery I would called her a woman. A "woman" with a penis is not a woman.

But we arn't always talking about post op. We are talking about a lot of pre-op individuals who the only difference between them and a woman is what pronouns she demands everyone else use and what clothes she wears.

And the penis for the record was created by surgery and not by natural growth. I've had mine my entire life.

So there is a difference.
What's The. Difference?

I addressed pre-op in my post. That individual will follow you in and GO TO A STALL. Are you going to make yourself uncomfortable by peeking over the top to see what's between their legs? Do you regularly check the equipment of the individual at the next urinal? If that makes you uncomfortable...don't do it.

The point is, they are not doing one single thing to make you uncomfortable...you're doing that to yourself.

Da...

gy_putin_dc_011718_2x3_992.jpg
Cuck

What's The. Difference?

I addressed pre-op in my post. That individual will follow you in and GO TO A STALL. Are you going to make yourself uncomfortable by peeking over the top to see what's between their legs? Do you regularly check the equipment of the individual at the next urinal? If that makes you uncomfortable...don't do it.

The point is, they are not doing one single thing to make you uncomfortable...you're doing that to yourself.
I could piss around anyone, not sure what the big deal is with bathrooms. Although I do remember something extra in a Minneapolis bathroom a few years ago……

No kidding. There have ALWAYS been gay troops. This was yet another boogy man utilized by the conservative right... Not sure why it took so long for the results of this 'study' to become public.

A decade after the services first allowed gay and lesbian troops to serve openly, a report from the Joint Staff found that concerns about combat effectiveness and unit cohesion were basically unfounded.

That’s the conclusion of a 196-page document published in 2021 by the Joint History and Research Office, recently brought to light by the Palm Center, a think tank that studies U.S. military personnel policy.

But what if a another man looks at my junk while I'm in the shower?

These new fangled single stalls for showering, when did those become a thing? When I was in high school and college we showered in huge shower rooms with maybe 4 shower heads per column and probably 5 or 6 columns. All the guys showered together. High school it was basketball and football locker rooms, college the dorms. I know Iowa basketball had the mass shower recently as a recruit saw that and lost all interest.

Umm it already does make some people uncomfortable going to the bathroom. But I'm guessing you don't feel as though they or their comfort count.
Pssst, you've probably shared a public restroom with a TG person. All that happened is they were in the same general area as you, expelled some waste from their body, washed their hands, and walked out of the restroom to continue on with their life.
You're the one making this a big deal.

Ah, so you're ok with unisex so long as it's one at a time. So would you be ok with unisex if they shared a common room? You know, like how you all fly together in the plane but take turns in the can. So you're ok with going to the bathroom next to a stranger so long as you have a door between you, like on a plane. Or....in any bathroom you'd go in...

Again those partitions don't exist on urinals.

And in some rare cases bathrooms may be used for changing. Furthermore how do you deal with the locker room situations where people not only use them for bathrooms but also for changing and showering?

• Haha
Again those partitions don't exist on urinals.

And in some rare cases bathrooms may be used for changing. Furthermore how do you deal with the locker room situations where people not only use them for bathrooms but also for changing and showering?
Gang showers are becoming a thing of the past. I'm willing to bet that there have been far more incidents involving bullying or abuse by cis gender males in locker rooms than locker room incidents involving transgender males or females.

Gang showers are becoming a thing of the past. I'm willing to bet that there have been far more incidents involving bullying or abuse by cis gender males in locker rooms than locker room incidents involving transgender males or females.

I'm not talking about bullying. I'm talking about comfort of people who don't want to be changing or showering in front of random members of the opposite sex.

• Haha
Excellent chance a trans person won't be using a urinal.

They would walk past people who were.

We've had gendered bathrooms for generations and now you are trying to tell everyone we should all get comfortable going to the same bathroom. I don't think it's going to work out well for you.

• Haha
They would walk past people who were.

We've had gendered bathrooms for generations and now you are trying to tell everyone we should all get comfortable going to the same bathroom. I don't think it's going to work out well for you.
Someone walked in while you were taking a piss. It's already been pointed out that this has probably already happened to you. They mind their business. You mind yours. It's not a big deal.

Further, I've been in the bathroom many times when fathers have led their daughters in to use the stall. I didn't flip out. I let them do their business and got on with my day.

I'm not talking about bullying. I'm talking about comfort of people who don't want to be changing or showering in front of random members of the opposite sex.
There are a lot of people who are uncomfortable changing in front of people of their own sex as well.

Don’t be dumb, plenty on BOTH sides are “struggling” with this subject.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Riiiiiiiight! Liberals were really struggling when they said, "there would be no issue with gays in the military" and they turned out to be 100% right. Good call, History Revisionist Man!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT