ADVERTISEMENT

People at Carver today.....

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a solid 8.5 today. I sure yelled loud and often...the peeps behind me didn't seem to mind even though they stayed seated a lot.

It got ear-splitting loud once or twice. More of that in key defensive situations would've bumped it to a 9 for me and a better more coordinated student/band atmosphere would make it a 10. Overall very very fun and a really decent crowd today!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Still a lot of oldies sitting on their hands when they scanned the crowd. Other than that seemed loud, players were definitely into it.

Originally posted by QChawks:
Just got home.

What a fun day.

It was a great crowd. Big empty section behind students.

I'd say 14500k in actual attendance.

This really bothers me still. I know people who wanted to get tickets and were turned away. Where were all those people? Did the administration hold on to those tickets hopeful that students would buy them? Did another site buy them and not sell them? Were there 500+ students that didn't show up?

Ugh... Oh well. I still had fun and the atmosphere was pretty good. Loud when it needed to be. Great day for the seniors, especially white.

Still a lot of oldies sitting on their hands when they scanned the crowd. Other than that seemed loud, players were definitely into it.

Can we please agree that if you do not attend the game at CHA, you have no right to berate those in attendance? Most people I saw were standing when the Hawks needed support. Since I knew this would come up again, so I took some picture and can post to verify it happened.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, Carver looks like crap on TV. The lower level are old farts who never stand, last year against Michigan St. was loud as hell but it just doesn't translate to television. I DVR'ed the game and watched it when I got home and it didn't sound 1/2 the noise that was actually being made.

Quite honestly I feel like it's just a technical issue of how it's mic'ed. Even today the announcers were talking about how loud it was but it seemed like a pretty dull roar compared to other games I've watched this year around college basketball.

In my opinion the University needs to do a lot more to get the students in on the action. Burying them behind the hoops and putting a lockdown on signs isn't doing them any favors.

Watching ISU games and seeing that ridiculous George Niang discombobulated sign makes me laugh every time. That's the sort of thing that students love and will encourage them to show up. Iowa is way too fuddy duddy at this point, they really need to freaking loosen up a bit.

good time. Fairly loud overall. Especially early when White hits threes and a dunk. All the dunks earned loud cheers as did good defense as the shot clock ran down.
The crowd lost momentum however as Iowa missed a lot of open shots. That takes the wind out of the crowd after two or three misses.
It was great for the seniors. Crowd was really supportive for them

Iowa was in control all game. Yeah it got down to 2 late in the first half but they led the entire game.

A couple the crowd was about to erupt and NW hit a bucket or called a TO.

At game today. Crowd was great from honoring seniors till the end of the game. Great way to send this team out.

Basket where students were still a block of empty seats. As for students my 2 cents is yeah in perfect world give them better seats like msu, OSU make it tougher place to play. However we've had tourney quality team last 2 years and our students still don't consistently show. So why give them best seats if they haven't proven they will even show. On flip side think U of I could do more to promote student tix with more and easier access to get tix for games.

Hadn't seen an atmosphere that electric since the Notre Dame game last year, Great showing by our students and fans!

Andoboy,when was the last time you attended a game at carver and how many games have you been to this year? Have you been to all the other arenas too? Or do you just post moronic negative things about the Hawkeyes to get your enjoyment for the day?

Cut the student section, it worked when they did it to Kinnick.

The students don't come to the games, leaving a big hole, people who wanted to go to the game couldn't get tickets through the Athletic Ticket Office.

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

Cut the student section, it worked when they did it to Kinnick.

The students don't come to the games, leaving a big hole, people who wanted to go to the game couldn't get tickets through the Athletic Ticket Office.
I would favor this. Cut down the number of student tickets and give them better seats. If students don't show up and leave good seats open, let anyone else at the game take their seats.

Originally posted by Hawkfan_08:

Originally posted by QChawks:
Just got home.

What a fun day.

It was a great crowd. Big empty section behind students.

I'd say 14500k in actual attendance.

This really bothers me still. I know people who wanted to get tickets and were turned away. Where were all those people? Did the administration hold on to those tickets hopeful that students would buy them? Did another site buy them and not sell them? Were there 500+ students that didn't show up?

Ugh... Oh well. I still had fun and the atmosphere was pretty good. Loud when it needed to be. Great day for the seniors, especially white.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. I would have loved to go to the game, but wasn't willing to pay $90 on StubHub. Is that why it's listed as a "sellout." It's a real bummer to have empty seats for Senior Day especially. If it was a "sellout" because the ticket office was holding them, they need to come up with a new policy. Make students buy them at least 48 hours in advance or release them to the public.

Sounds like andoboy has a ton of money to just throw around. Maybe you should donate a ton of money to renovote Carver and redo everything to your liking. What other arenas have you been to? I am just curious which of the 40 plus arenas are amazing. Also, you don't like the Let's Go Hawks chants...what exactly would you like to happen? I am pretty sure I hear chants just like this at every single college basketball game. Like another poster said, if you hate Carver that much and think it is so terrible then why the crap do you keep going? If I dislike someplace as much as you hate Carver, then I know for a fact I am not going to keep dgoing there.

Originally posted by redman21:

Sounds like andoboy has a ton of money to just throw around. Maybe you should donate a ton of money to renovote Carver and redo everything to your liking. What other arenas have you been to? I am just curious which of the 40 plus arenas are amazing. Also, you don't like the Let's Go Hawks chants...what exactly would you like to happen? I am pretty sure I hear chants just like this at every single college basketball game. Like another poster said, if you hate Carver that much and think it is so terrible then why the crap do you keep going? If I dislike someplace as much as you hate Carver, then I know for a fact I am not going to keep dgoing there.
Andoboy = Iowa State Fan

The key word in his name is 'boy.'
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by like-woahh:
I've said this before but I'll say it again, Carver looks like crap on TV. The lower level are old farts who never stand, last year against Michigan St. was loud as hell but it just doesn't translate to television. I DVR'ed the
Untrue. hawkgasser won't sit down at court side and sometimes blocks the announcers from seeing the action.

rolleyes.r191677.gif

Was at the game Section E row 42, aways from the action but the crowd was loud. Had a great time. My question is this. In past years the seats in back of the student section and band used to be covered and those seats were not for sale. There were a couple of people in that area and my question is sere those seats for sale. I was told by the ticket office there were no seats for sale so had to go off Stub Hub and paid $58 per ticket. Just curious as we would have bought tix for face value in the section that was empty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT