ADVERTISEMENT

What caused the tech foul late in the game that Kate Martin shots free throws on

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
It looked like there was some confusion or contact on the left side of the TV screen but they never showed a replay.

Was it some type of intentional foul? something unsports-woman-like.

I didnt hear a good explanation by the announcers but the tv image seemed to focus on that pesky IU guard who kept laying hands on Clark like she was a some minister.

It looked like there was some confusion or contact on the left side of the TV screen but they never showed a replay.

Was it some type of intentional foul? something unsports-woman-like.

I didnt hear a good explanation by the announcers but the tv image seemed to focus on that pesky IU guard who kept laying hands on Clark like she was a some minister.
I think the Indiana player said something or made a gesture as she ran past the Iowa bench following a score. The ref was quick, there wasn’t much said and the Indiana girl had a shit-eating grin in her face after the call.

I think the Indiana player said something or made a gesture as she ran past the Iowa bench following a score. The ref was quick, there wasn’t much said and the Indiana girl had a shit-eating grin in her face after the call.
I've heard taunting towards the Iowa players.

It happened on Indiana's side of the court though, so unless she directed it towards the bench from her end, I assume it was either towards players or demonstrative in terms of what she did/said that drew the technical.

Knowing how women's basketball players can be, it wouldn't have surprised me if she said something like "Yeah b****!" (I've heard that a lot recently from the more smug/unabashed players) but was looking at an Iowa player instead of her teammates afterwards.

But I'm just trying to answer a question here. I truly don't care about it otherwise, though I'm sure some of our fans have been actively searching to find her social media outlets to get after her for saying something snarky/in the vein of trash talk towards our players.................... :D

*that is......if she actually even said or did anything demonstrative in the direction of an Iowa player, and it wasn't just an overreaction by this masterclass of an officiating crew

Reactions: littlez
jun-21-2002-los-angeles-ca-usa-actor-miguel-a-nunez-jr-stars-as-jamal-F6HTTP.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT