ADVERTISEMENT

People flying are just nuts these days

Tampa to Atlanta? Gotta be like a 30 min flight?

EDIT: 1 hour 35 minutes .. surprisingly long to me, but I’m not familiar with Deep South geography
That is exaggerated for DOT on-time reporting purposes and ground clutter. Time in air is 1 hour, 1 minute.

She is absolutely out of control and in the wrong. If she was truly concerned, speak to one of the flight crew and ask them to do their job - which is to remind this man about mandatory masks.
And so SHE lowers HER mask and gets in his face with spittle flying? What a dimwit. If she has any sense at all she will see this video and be forever ashamed of herself.

She slapped him, she clawed him, and she balled up her fist but the airline attendant held her arm back.

She needs to spend a few years in prison for that. Not cool.
She's not going to prison for a scratch on the guys face. Maybe county for 30 days.

She's not going to prison for a scratch on the guys face. Maybe county for 30 days.
If he gets a good lawyer it'll sound like a life threatening open wound. She's gonna be sorry for that and the airline is going to be sorry they didn't "protect" a defenseless innocent elderly citizen. 💰🙄

If he gets a good lawyer it'll sound like a life threatening open wound. She's gonna be sorry for that and the airline is going to be sorry they didn't "protect" a defenseless innocent elderly citizen. 💰🙄
Perhaps, but a good lawyer or not, people can see the video and see that it wasn't life threatening. You are correct that she's going to be sorry for her actions though. She lost her shit. I'm curious what he said prior to her losing it.

Perhaps, but a good lawyer or not, people can see the video and see that it wasn't life threatening. You are correct that she's going to be sorry for her actions though. She lost her shit. I'm curious what he said prior to her losing it.

"Assault" doesn't have to be life-threatening. "Unwanted touching" is the same as throwing haymakers.

Reactions: goldmom
Felt threatened, stood her ground. That's how it works, right?

That’s what I thought, so what if she instigated it. Harmless old dude is lucky she didn’t kill him and get his reputation dragged through the mud while she was pleading self defense

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
I see people w/o a mask on all the time. Guess what, I socially distance myself and move along. She took her mask down and continued to get right up in his face. ...completely unhinged because she couldn't control the actions of another person. Just keep your mask up and keep walking, Karen. Geesh.

Also...the man could have been eating or drinking...not easy to tell from the limited video.
He actually said he was eating at the beginning of the video.

"Assault" doesn't have to be life-threatening. "Unwanted touching" is the same as throwing haymakers.
I understand that, but Goldmom stated a good lawyer would make it sound like life threatening behavior which is what I was responding to. I'd be very surprised if she went to prison over that. I do think she will go to the county jail for 1-4 weeks though.

I understand that, but Goldmom stated a good lawyer would make it sound like life threatening behavior which is what I was responding to. I'd be very surprised if she went to prison over that. I do think she will go to the county jail for 1-4 weeks though.

If she serves any time at all, it will be in a federal lockup, not county or state.

If she did that on the ground in Florida, she'd be looking at three years minimum.

This was already discussed earlier in the thread.

If she serves any time at all, it will be in a federal lockup, not county or state.

If she did that on the ground in Florida, she'd be looking at three years minimum.

This was already discussed earlier in the thread.
Any follow up link? I am lazy.

People love the sense of power they feel by telling someone to wear a mask. Those people have been liabilities their whole life, yet society has told them they are now an asset with authority.

Seems like she had a case before she lost her mind, no?

F that guy. He wasn’t blameless.

But she definitely deserves whatever fate befalls her for losing her cool. No doubt.
Word is he was eating. So if that’s true… he is blameless.

Fact is, if you don’t worship at the altar if the cult of COVID these days you are unclean and looked down upon by the true believers. Who believe themselves to be holier than thou. I’m not joking. This is WAY out of hand.

If this woman was really worried about safety instead of being COVID police she’d have had her mask on and sure as shit wouldn’t have had her face in his and spit on him. She’s a POS. and probably was intoxicated I’d guess.

Last edited:
The guy raised his bottle of water he was drinking…which is why he didn’t have his mask on. If he remotely was in error the flight attendants would tell him to put his mask on.

Airplanes aren’t like restaurants where you are allowed to take your mask down while you’re eating. You have to keep your mask up at all times. You can pull it down, take a swig from your bottle, then pull it back up. She is a lunatic who should be banned from flying. But he was definitely in the wrong.

A person who is convicted of an aggravated assault or aggravated battery upon a person 65 years of age or older shall be sentenced to a minimum term of imprisonment of 3 years and fined not more than $10,000 and shall also be ordered by the sentencing judge to make restitution to the victim of such offense and to perform up to 500 hours of community service work.

I am sort of curious if it is still a felony if the assaulter was also a senior citizen.

Like does two old guys duking it out lead to felony charges??

I know a number of people who take perverse pride in making their 8 oz bottle and water and little pack of pretzels last for a 6 hour flight so they can avoid wearing a mask.

If he is one of those, I wouldn’t call him “blameless”.

Reactions: HawkMD
From Delta’s mask policy, which comes from TSA:

“Masks must be worn at all times except while eating, drinking, or taking oral medications for brief periods. Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking – masks must be worn between bites and sips. “

From Delta’s mask policy, which comes from TSA:

“Masks must be worn at all times except while eating, drinking, or taking oral medications for brief periods. Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking – masks must be worn between bites and sips. “
Well Delta isn’t adhering to that policy…or at least when I flew in the 15th and the 21st. People who were eating took the mask off and put it on later.

Well Delta isn’t adhering to that policy…or at least when I flew in the 15th and the 21st. People who were eating took the mask off and put it on later.
Yeah, neither is Southwest. As long as you’re making an effort and putting it back on in a reasonable amount of time, I don’t imagine many flight attendants will waste their time with you.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The airlines have PSAs to wear masks and how to wears. They are not going to police it consistently because they hope people will just do as they ask. Sadly some have to be assholes.

I think HROT would sponsor Octagon fight for these two. No holds barred.

FFS. She’s literally assaulting the guy. Now if he would have punched her in the mouth he would be in jail. But she will likely only get 30 days probation

seriously there needs to now be at least one police or security personnel on every single flight. But of course airlines wouldn’t want to pay that expense because your safety is not worth it. However wear a mask or else

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT