ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Jok.....he's one of a kind

the_hermanator

HB Heisman
Jan 22, 2002
I am a huge Peter Jok fan. It has been a while since I can remember a player that could give me such headaches, while at the same time make me jump out of my seat, due to his shooting.....Kingsbury? Jok has his ups and downs like so few others.

I think we all need to be patient with this guy. You can tell he still doesn't have the proper coordination and his athletic ability is well below average...not even that close to average if you ask me. But when you think about his growth in the last twelve months, it is truly amazing how far he has come. His defense is infinitely better than last year and his shot selection is much more tame, compared to last year, as well. Add in the fact that he is over 90% at the foul line and how can you not like the guy?

If he improves as much in the next twelve months as he has in the last twelve months, the guy will be an extremely good player for us next year. He already is pretty good, but his turnovers and selective passes are hard to deal with sometimes. I respect Fran for sticking with him as he did last night.

Fran has proven one thing; he loves shooters. If you would have told any of us a year ago at this time that Jok would be a starter and be shooting 40% from 3Pt range and over 90% from the line, I think we all would have bet against that occurring.

It will be exciting to see how much better he can become and if he can stay healthy. I can't help but love the guy for his lack of fear when it comes to shooting the ball.

THE HERMENATOR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.