ADVERTISEMENT

PFF ranks Iowa Linebackers 2nd in country

ichawk24

HR Legend
Nov 21, 2005

2. IOWA HAWKEYES

No FBS linebacker was more valuable than Jay Higgins last year according to our wins above-average metric. He also led the nation with 108 plays where he made first contact on the ball carrier and paced all Power Five linebackers with a 90.8 coverage grade. Higgins enters his fifth season as my No. 3 linebacker in the nation.

Nick Jackson will once again start alongside him and is a menace downhill. He was one of only two Power Five linebackers who posted 80.0-plus PFF grades as both a run defender and as a pass-rusher. The other was the first linebacker selected in the 2024 NFL Draft, Edgerrin Cooper.

BIG and SEC linebackers in that article for the most part. Iowa, Michigan, PSU and OSU make for a really steep hill to climb when trying to run the ball in the BIG. I have a feeling Lester is going to need to use a lot of mis-direction in his first year

I hope we have games (ahead by enough) where the #2 guys can get in and get some game time experiences for next season.
Me too. We are so stacked this year, that you have to get some others some play time, or there is going to be a massive drop off next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT