ADVERTISEMENT

PFF ranks Iowa O-Line #1 in the country

ichawk24

HB Legend
Nov 21, 2005
We are doing great in the running game, and I realize the WR/TE limitations help cause sack issues. But #1 seems high.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-iowa-leads-ranking-10-best-offensive-lines/

1. Iowa
Iowa’s offensive line has been the cornerstone of the Hawkeyes program and it’s no different this season. The Hawkeyes line is the nation’s best-performing overall offensive line when you balance pass- and run-blocking measured against the quality of competition Iowa has played. The Hawkeyes utilize NFL zone-blocking techniques and schemes with more detail than probably any other offensive line in college football. The Hawkeyes have PFF’s 17th-highest-rated guard in Sean Welsh and 23rd-graded tackle with Ike Boettger, but it’s Iowa’s offensive line execution play-in and play-out that has them holding the top spot.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. Must be putting the sacks on the receivers not getting open/ CJ holding it too long.

Just another media example of trying to build us up to put a bigger target on Iowa's back so that teams will try harder to beat us.

Right, oit....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT