ADVERTISEMENT

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

6a77c5b4-b2e4-4ea7-80da-24906166a582_text.gif

Why is this not the Christmas Story of Thanksgiving. Should be on 24/7 starting Wednesday evening

just ranting. Love this movie

Happy Thanksgiving
Watched pretty much every thanksgiving as a kid. Love the movie. Still can’t believe they are allegedly doing a remake of it. There are some movies you just leave alone

Reactions: NoleinATL and bdg8
I saw this video a few days ago. It is worth a watch for any fan of the movie. I didn’t know that there was a planned subplot where the wife thought her husband was cheating. The actress‘s performance shows this and it doesn’t really make sense In the final film why she’s so worried throughout the movie with that subplot pulled.

Watched pretty much every thanksgiving as a kid. Love the movie. Still can’t believe they are allegedly doing a remake of it. There are some movies you just leave alone

Come on man.... 2 mismatched dudes in a car is not a sacred plot. Two of my favorite movies ever (Tommy Boy and Dumb and Dumber) follow the same general idea.

CSB, I knew a gal (Mind pic still on file), who grew up in the St. Louis area, and she drove through the area they used for some of the interstate scenes. They’d made fake snow and she said it was really weird to see those scenes when the movie came out.

Come on man.... 2 mismatched dudes in a car is not a sacred plot. Two of my favorite movies ever (Tommy Boy and Dumb and Dumber) follow the same general idea.
To each their own. I assume there are movies you wouldn’t like to see remade, this is one of mine. Not sure what you consider a sacred plot but I have no desire to see a remake of one of my all time favorite comedies. Just my personal preference

So one of the motels they stay at is right on I-55 a few miles south of Joliet. When I would drive from Bloomington to Chicago I never knew that was the place until someone pointed it out. It truly is a Sh*t hole like in the movie.

place_image-image-7ad84e6f-f42e-4cb3-a756-08b06c35649f.jpg

UTNZN6YSPZDVRPL6BDE2NJJBKY.jpg

John Hughes was gifted and large part of everyone that grew up in the eighties live’s. More than a large part, he captured the eighties and even influenced them.. So influential my young boys understand the eighties because of John.

To each their own. I assume there are movies you wouldn’t like to see remade, this is one of mine. Not sure what you consider a sacred plot but I have no desire to see a remake of one of my all time favorite comedies. Just my personal preference

I disagree, treat it like a cover song. Watch the remake & see if you like it. If not you don't have to watch it again.

Nobody said they can't make another mismatched dudes in a car plot movie. Just leave this one alone

Nobody said they can't make another mismatched dudes in a car plot movie. Just leave this one alone

I understand. I get plenty annoyed with the recycled ideas that come out to Hollywood.

But lately when they remake comedies it’s a very different product. The Vegas Vacation remake was a good example - not a good movie, but other than the basic plot it didn’t resemble the original at all.

Kevin Hart and Will Smith stuck together sounds like a great movie.

So one of the motels they stay at is right on I-55 a few miles south of Joliet. When I would drive from Bloomington to Chicago I never knew that was the place until someone pointed it out. It truly is a Sh*t hole like in the movie.

place_image-image-7ad84e6f-f42e-4cb3-a756-08b06c35649f.jpg

UTNZN6YSPZDVRPL6BDE2NJJBKY.jpg
...but I bet they have great shower curtain rings.

I saw this video a few days ago. It is worth a watch for any fan of the movie. I didn’t know that there was a planned subplot where the wife thought her husband was cheating. The actress‘s performance shows this and it doesn’t really make sense In the final film why she’s so worried throughout the movie with that subplot pulled.

Would much rather see the full version with the cut scenes than a remake. That sounds horrible.

Reactions: bdg8
John Hughes was gifted and large part of everyone that grew up in the eighties live’s. More than a large part, he captured the eighties and even influenced them.. So influential my young boys understand the eighties because of John.

I don’t anything back on that post, but I was obviously hammered drunk. My own post his hard to read. John obviously with Breakfast Club, the first vcr tape I owned, played a huge part in our lives. You can ask say a sentence in Breakfast Club and.. never mind, I can tell you the entire dialog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT