ADVERTISEMENT

Plausible 133 Transfers

Not a transfer, but I listened to Flo’s 133# prospect ranking show and they mentioned Aaron Cashman, who I hadn’t heard about in quite a while. He was ranked #1 at 113 after his junior year and then left school to train at the OTC and just won an international tourney at 125.5#
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestli...Cashman-wins-Junior-freestyle-gold-in-Austria

The kid went to high school in Minnesota, but I have no idea what his favorites were as far as colleges or if he even wants to wrestle folkstyle

Not a transfer, but I listened to Flo’s 133# prospect ranking show and they mentioned Aaron Cashman, who I hadn’t heard about in quite a while. He was ranked #1 at 113 after his junior year and then left school to train at the OTC and just won an international tourney at 125.5#
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestli...Cashman-wins-Junior-freestyle-gold-in-Austria

The kid went to high school in Minnesota, but I have no idea what his favorites were as far as colleges or if he even wants to wrestle folkstyle

This is the first legit option I've seen come up that gets me excited. He's also connected with Spencer Lee on Twitter! Get it done!

This is the first legit option I've seen come up that gets me excited. He's also connected with Spencer Lee on Twitter! Get it done!

I know ISU had him in for a visit some time ago. They expected a commit but it hasn't happened. No idea whether Iowa is involved or if he's a legit option.

Reactions: Ohio_Hawk

He's at the OTC now and trains with KJ he's tiny definitely a 125 he wrestled at Wilkes Open this year he got 5th lost 12-2 to Kordell Rush Delaware Valley
Also wrestled at Northern Colorado open lost to Verner Wyoming 1-0 and Johnson Northern Colorado 11-8

Reactions: Dagboi
With Eastern Michigan dropping wrestling and three other sports to save money, I thought it might be interesting to look at who might become instantly available for transfer. EMU didn't do great at the NCAAs, but did have one (surprise) standout performer: R-So. Sa'Derian Perry, who AA-ed by placing 8th at 141. Perry had a very up-and-down year, but put together a very good tournament with a several notable wins. Perry first beat #9 seed Alber from UNI 11-5 and then Maryland's Diehl 12-6. After getting pinned by Meredith in the first round in the quarterfinals (no great shame), he went on to beat #11 seed Carr from Illinois 8-6 in the round of 12. Then he lost 12-4 to PSU's Nick Lee and lost by pin in the final second of the 7th place match to Nebraska's Chad Red. Notable was that Perry got the first takedown in every match other than Meredith's, including vs. Nick Lee and Chad Red, connoting that he's both aggressive and fearless.

While he wrestled at 141 this year, he wrestled at 133 last year. With EMU dropping the sport, I believe other programs are free to contact and recruit their athletes. Perry was on all-academic MAC team last year, so you assume he'd get admitted. He has two years of eligibility left, so I see little harm in Iowa giving him a call and seeing if he can still make 133.

I think Nick Piccinnicci and Gary Wayne Harding both from Okie st should get a look. GWH was a rd of 12 guy a couple years ago and has been riding the pine the last 2 seasons. Picc is going to be the odd man out in Stillwater barring injury. From what I have heard Daton is going 125, brock is staying at 133, Gfeller is filling in at 141, Boo at 149, Jojo 157, ect...

I think Nick Piccinnicci and Gary Wayne Harding both from Okie st should get a look. GWH was a rd of 12 guy a couple years ago and has been riding the pine the last 2 seasons. Picc is going to be the odd man out in Stillwater barring injury. From what I have heard Daton is going 125, brock is staying at 133, Gfeller is filling in at 141, Boo at 149, Jojo 157, ect...

I don't see that lineup. Harding has some skills. Good on top if i remember, some time with Spencer could enhance that.

Piccinniccinniccinniccinni is only in his 3rd year. Unless he can graduate by the end of the summer that isn't happening as there's no way Smith releases him to Iowa. Harding is a 4th year junior, so maybe he's a grad transfer candidate.

You're literally the only person I've heard say Fix is going 125 next year. Everyone else has him at 133 with Brock bumping up. It makes sense as you'd lead off with Picc (AA), Fix, and Brock (AA) versus going Fix at 125 and now you have an AA sitting. Not saying you're not right - you might be, but as recent as this week when Flo was discussing, everyone is saying all signs point to Fix at 133.

Reactions: Dagboi
You're literally the only person I've heard say Fix is going 125 next year. Everyone else has him at 133 with Brock bumping up. It makes sense as you'd lead off with Picc (AA), Fix, and Brock (AA) versus going Fix at 125 and now you have an AA sitting. Not saying you're not right - you might be, but as recent as this week when Flo was discussing, everyone is saying all signs point to Fix at 133.
My source is one of Daton's family friends and hs wrestling coach who I was teammates with in college. We talk wrestling almost daily. He is my my okie insider. He says Daton wants to stay close to 57kg bc thats his future weight for team USA. He does say he is a team player and would bump to 133 if coach asked him to. Plus I sat in the okie section at nationals and heard others say the same.

Reactions: Dagboi and Big Fall
My source is one of Daton's family friends and hs wrestling coach who I was teammates with in college. We talk wrestling almost daily. He is my my okie insider. He says Daton wants to stay close to 57kg bc thats his future weight for team USA. He does say he is a team player and would bump to 133 if coach asked him to. Plus I sat in the okie section at nationals and heard others say the same.

So 141 is out of the question. Note: many of our 57KG wrestlers 133.

**Pats self on back**

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT