ADVERTISEMENT

Please explain just one thing...

Can you honestly say you’re optimistic we’ll do well against any of the incoming West coast programs?

They play offense and score touchdowns.
I think Iowa will realistically split with them. Location will be more important than any other big ten game.

Can you honestly say you’re optimistic we’ll do well against any of the incoming West coast programs?

I think our defense has a realistic shot to shut down their high-powered offenses. And with their weak defenses, maybe our offense has a chance to score a few point. I see no reason we can’t be competitive.

I mean, they can’t all have a Christian McCaffery, can they?

It goes both ways tho - they have to adjust to playing b10 football as well.

Why on earth should I be scared to death by USC/UCLA? Wash/Ore are better programs currently, who knows what the future brings?

If we've learned anything in college football, it's that success is incredibly hard to maintain. Both of those schools have been very up and down the past few years depending on the coach at the time.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
It means Iowa will no longer be beating crap teams and padding their record. Four teams resembling all the teams in the east division, that would slaughter us, are coming. The schedule we know and love is over
And yet there are only two teams in the current AP Top 25 on Iowa’s schedule for 2024. (And a third team that received 1 vote in the latest rankings).

I agree that the schedules will trend tougher in the years ahead. But it won’t be as dramatically more difficult as some folks seem to think.

And yet there are only two teams in the current AP Top 25 on Iowa’s schedule for 2024. (And a third team that received 1 vote in the latest rankings).

I agree that the schedules will trend tougher in the years ahead. But it won’t be as dramatically more difficult as some folks seem to think.
Kinda think the travel will be tough as well. and obviously some are going to get better.

It goes both ways tho - they have to adjust to playing b10 football as well.

Why on earth should I be scared to death by USC/UCLA? Wash/Ore are better programs currently, who knows what the future brings?

If we've learned anything in college football, it's that success is incredibly hard to maintain. Both of those schools have been very up and down the past few years depending on the coach at the time.
All of those schools except Oregon have had extended periods of being crap in this century.. Lots of good games to look forward to and some nice road trips. Bring’em on!

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT