ADVERTISEMENT

Please help me decipher this Barta comment

lumuhawk

HB Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Washington, DC Metro (Hometown: Burlington, IA)
Especially the part in bold....

“I’ve been very vocal to say that we — being Kirk, myself, the athletic department — had very high expectations going into 2014,” Barta said. “We didn’t meet those expectations. I understand, but they were set really high. So seven wins, there’s a lot of programs across the country that would have been excited to say, ‘Eight wins two years ago, seven wins last year, let’s go get ‘em in 2015.’ But because our expectations were set so high and why were they set so high? Well, Kirk has proven over a long career that he can get to the very highest points. So we were all disappointed. Our fan base was extremely disappointed, and I understand that.”

http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/part-ii-barta-ferentz-and-the-extension-20150727 (EDIT - sorry all - this is the link to the story but the gazette has some kind of strange re-direct that happens when you cut and paste - Blair/Tom, feel free to edit if you know how to fix)

Huh?! So, is Barta telling me I should I be even more excited for 2015 based on the last two seasons or 'extremely disappointed" based on the last two seasons?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News