ADVERTISEMENT

Plot twist: HS recruit transfers out of ISU

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Originally posted by relishingwinning18:
Originally posted by FG86:

Originally posted by HawkOptimist:
Kids who enroll as freshman and actually want a college education aren't a good fit for Transfer U's system.
Well except for Niang, Morris, Long.........
Did you just say this like it was a solid argument? Hoiberg has had eight out of his 13 high school recruits, leave before their time was through at Iowa State. That's pretty awful.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Actually, Custer makes 5 out of 10, not 8 out of 13. But it's still a pretty high attrition rate. It indicates Fred hasn't been doing a great job evaluating high school talent,  I would say. 
Well I included the ejim year, as technically hoiberg recruited that group.

Elite teams win National Championships, have final four appearences, numerous elite 8 showings before they are considered elite.

isu losing to UAB shows isu is nowhere near elite. Are those the facts you are looking for Clownfangonna cry?

Dose up.

8 of Fred's 14 high school recruits have left the program:

-Godfrey
-McKnight
-Railey
-Gibson
-Sledge
-Dorsey Walker
-Okoro
-Custer

Originally posted by EddieHaskell:

-Godfrey
-McKnight
-Railey
-Gibson
-Sledge
-Dorsey Walker
-Okoro
-Custer
Yup, I didn't include the Greek as he was a foreigner, and I consider them a different breed. However, I should have included him. Either way the ratio isn't good, but it hasn't stopped them from winning.

-Godfrey
-McKnight
-Railey
-Gibson
-Sledge
-Dorsey Walker
-Okoro
-Custer
Godfrey, McKnight and Railey committed before Fred was hired.

Kids who enroll as freshman and actually want a college education aren't a good fit for Transfer U's system.
Did you just say this like it was a solid argument? Hoiberg has had eight out of his 13 high school recruits, leave before their time was through at Iowa State. That's pretty awful.
Actually, Custer makes 5 out of 10, not 8 out of 13. But it's still a pretty high attrition rate. It indicates Fred hasn't been doing a great job evaluating high school talent, Â I would say.Â
LOL! All four of them formally committed before Fred was hired.

Actually, Custer makes 5 out of 10, not 8 out of 13. But it's still a pretty high attrition rate. It indicates Fred hasn't been doing a great job evaluating high school talent,  I would say. 

So? Fred had the option of keeping them or releasing them. He obviously has no problem with that now.

Actually, Custer makes 5 out of 10, not 8 out of 13. But it's still a pretty high attrition rate. It indicates Fred hasn't been doing a great job evaluating high school talent,  I would say.ÂÂ

So? Fred had the option of keeping them or releasing them. He obviously has no problem with that now.
You still don't get it. He just assesses their opportunity to contribute to a perennial top 25 program and let's them make the proper decision for themselves. He doesn't send anyone packing that abides by team and university rules.

Why is this so call top program that isu has going to be looking up at Iowa when the Directors Cup is updated in mid April?

Because Clownfangonna cry CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Next

Originally posted by 100yearscounting:
Why is this so call top program that isu has going to be looking up at Iowa when the Directors Cup is updated in mid April?

Next
Do you really think that Iowa is going to jump 125 places when it is updated? You and Rocky have been partying together.

Originally posted by Clonewithasigh:

Next
Do you really think that Iowa is going to jump 125 places when it is updated? You and Rocky have been partying together.
Here is what I know for sure, Iowa will be shown to have a better MBB team. Maybe you can convince them to change the criteria.

-Godfrey
-McKnight
-Railey
-Gibson
-Sledge
-Dorsey Walker
-Okoro
-Custer
I think I've figured it out: none of those guys are very good.

Who gives a rats ass how many recruits leave or the ratio there of? As long as you are replacing them with same or better talent and the transferring player made the decision himself and thinks he'll be better off, it's a win-win isn't it?
You can criticize the Mayor's "transfer U" rep or poke fun at ISU's early flame out in the NCAA all you want, but with all the national attention and exposure they are getting and the accomplishments they've had in Fred's first 5 years vs Fran's first 5, you'd be a stubborn , blinded by the black & gold idiot to not want to be at the level they are at.
While we'll be wondering how to replace Whitey & Gabe and probably be a pre-season fringe NCAA or bubble team next season; ISU will be a pre-season Top 10 ten team & a tourney lock and probably picked to make another run. Maybe it pans out, or maybe it flames out again for them but to be in that conversation every year is where we strive to be. Recruits see that as ESPN is the new MTV. Same can be said with UNI, they had their once -in-a-while great run and they'll be an after thought next season as well.

it is obvious Hoiberg wants quick success and then bolt to the NBA. I do not think he stays in ISU for much longer. If that happens, ISU will be left in a horrible situation and will not recover for many years.

Originally posted by RoundRock620:
it is obvious Hoiberg wants quick success and then bolt to the NBA. I do not think he stays in ISU for much longer. If that happens, ISU will be left in a horrible situation and will not recover for many years.
You are dreaming. But you can always hope can't you?

You're right, Tiger. At the end of each season, does the NCAA Selection Committee say: "Let's check and see how many high school recruits are on the team, how many left..." ?? I rather doubt it. I think they pretty much look at record, strength of schedule, etc. Transfers in and out mean virtually nothing. It's about: Are they winning with the players who are playing?
For cryin' out loud, let's talk about hairstyles or shoe colors. It would be 'bout as meaningful.

Yammer about something that's important.

Originally posted by BABiscuit:
What is this obsession with the Director's cup?
Oh right now all of a sudden the Directors Cup must be ignored. Clown fans go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the Directors Cup and how isu gets more for their money than Iowa. Pollad issues press-releases after each update that has isu doing well in womens cross-country and womens volleyball.

But now that isu will be looking up at Iowa when it comes to scoring for MBB we must ignore it. Ring the bell again.

Owning clown fans is just TOO EASY.

The national attention for losing to UAB is the gift that keeps on giving. Maybe CBS can use it as a promo going forward just to remind clown fans that isu isn't and probably never really be as great as their delusional fans base thinks they are.

Just when clown fans think they are on the cusp of glory, Lucy pulls the ball away and they are laughed it yet again. For isu this is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.

Oh right now all of a sudden the Directors Cup must be ignored. Clown fans go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the Directors Cup and how isu gets more for their money than Iowa. Pollad issues press-releases after each update that has isu doing well in womens cross-country and womens volleyball.

But now that isu will be looking up at Iowa when it comes to scoring for MBB we must ignore it. Ring the bell again.

Lol. Which clone fans tout the directors cup as the only way to judge a program? And has any clone fan claimed it is the best way to judge a single team? But if you want to make all clone fans own some absurd logic about the directors cup because one or two clone fans touted it, I am good with that. As long as other hawk fans agree they should be judged by your arguments.

Originally posted by disgrig:
You're right, Tiger. At the end of each season, does the NCAA Selection Committee say: "Let's check and see how many high school recruits are on the team, how many left..." ?? I rather doubt it. I think they pretty much look at record, strength of schedule, etc. Transfers in and out mean virtually nothing. It's about: Are they winning with the players who are playing?
For cryin' out loud, let's talk about hairstyles or shoe colors. It would be 'bout as meaningful.

Yammer about something that's important.
But the NCAA does care about graduation rates or the lack of them and that level of players leaving isn't helping the clowns.
Not sure what is more entertaining, UAB booting the clowns out or isu not getting in the tourney because of a lack of academics.

Lol. Which clone fans tout the directors cup as the only way to judge a program? And has any clone fan claimed it is the best way to judge a single team? But if you want to make all clone fans own some absurd logic about the directors cup because one or two clone fans touted it, I am good with that. As long as other hawk fans agree they should be judged by your arguments.
Dude, there are multiple threads on this board right now where cyclone fans are touting the director's cup.

There are threads on cry-clown fanatic with more than 2 dopes. Pollad loves to issue press-releases on the Directors Cup and according to clown fans he is a god as well.

But I get it, the Directors Cup is only to be used in certain and select time frames as stipulated by clown fans. All other times it is to be ignored.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up for us.

Originally posted by L. Wade Childress:
Dude, there are multiple threads on this board right now where cyclone fans are touting the director's cup.
Hilarious.

Hold it. Hold it. Was this thread about transfers or Director's Cup? I'm confused enough just navigating life every day; and you guys are doing nothing to help. I answer a question or comment about one thing, and suddenly you guys are talking about bass fishing or something. Stay on topic.

Unsolicited and free advice (from experience):
When your girlfriend calls and tells you how much she enjoyed the lovemaking the night before,
don't say, "Who is this?"

Clown fans are always worth a good laugh. When they aren't losing to FCS schools in football they are losing to UAB in basketball. Figure it out yet why you guys are seen as clowns? Something to be laughed at and not taken serious.

More I say we want more. We want more. We want more.

I may have missed them. In my defense, there are so many threads aboht ISU that it is difficult to read them all. Regardless, touting the director director's cup standings doesnt mean you beleive points rewarded for the director's cup is the best method for comparing basketball teams. It is just one of the few rankings of an entire athletics department.

This post was edited on 3/24 11:03 PM by BABiscuit

There are threads on cry-clown fanatic with more than 2 dopes. Pollad loves to issue press-releases on the Directors Cup and according to clown fans he is a god as well.

But I get it, the Directors Cup is only to be used in certain and select time frames as stipulated by clown fans. All other times it is to be ignored.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up for us.
Please direct me to the threads on CF about the director's cup. I just looked at the first two pages of MBB and FB and there isn't a thread about the director's cup and, shockingly, nothing about Iowa. But on this very MBB board, all these ISU threads. Weird, huh? Whiny little insecure school girls like 100 with a huge inferiority complex, always looking over their shoulders. Some of you people are so pathetic, it is downright embarrassing.

Iowa has nothing to be or feel inferior about when it comes to isu. What is hilarious is that FG can't quite figure out the obvious.

Don't stop now FG, we want more. We want more. We want more.

100years:
Yes, I get it. ISU lost, they're done and it's great and enjoyable to guys like you. Guess what, Iowa and UNI are done too and the Panthers had just as high expectations as the Clones did and now we don't have one state representation anymore.... sorry, I'm just not in the same "misery loves company" boat as you.
Come next year, it's gonna be about what's happening now and what have you done for me lately. ISU will be the program that will be in better shape entering the season and will be in the conversation on a national level because of the Top 10 ranking they will have. UNI and Iowa will not be. And that's the level of program I covet, I hope you do too. I know ISU's big loss is fresh and fun in your mind right now, but come next year to anyone that's not a Clone or a Hawk, it will be all but forgotten.
Example: there was a huge 14 vs 3 seed upset in last year's tourney. Can you name it off the top of your head?? Neither could I. It was a blue blood. Duke lost to Mercer.
Fact is, most people are pretty happy with Iowa's season this year. Most consider it a success. 22-12, 12-6 conf. for 4th place, made actual tourney and got a win. Not much to complain about right?
While at ISU they go 25-9, 12-6 conf, for 2nd place, win their conf tourney, make actual tourney & will finish season ranked again and have been in the polls since Dec 2014 - but a good portion of the fans are disappointed with the season.
See the disparity on expectations and state of program there?

Iowa has nothing to be or feel inferior about when it comes to isu. What is hilarious is that FG can't quite figure out the obvious.

Oh, I have it figured out. You are insanely obsessed with ISU.

Okay, I may have missed a post, but I am not seeing where ISU, fans are bringing up the directors cup. Unless, I missed a post, the first person to bring up the director's cup in the huge ISU thread is you.

Here is what is hilarious. Clown fans compare themselves to Duke yet have nonwhere near the history of being elite like Duke does. Newsflash clown fans one sweet sixteen appearence doesn't make isu elite. isu has a history of falling on their face. Be it football or basketball. The consistency is amazing.

Nothing yet that lord Hoiber has done leads me to believe this is any different.

Oh, I have it figured out. You are insanely obsessed with ISU.
I do my best to act as clown fans do but in reverse. Well except of course the hurling of racil slurs. I will leave that to the isu student section. Pollad must be SO PROUD of the culture he is creating for isu.

Hoiberg is not going to the NBA, you can bank on that. He doesn't like losing and in the NBA even a couple of teams in the East make the playoffs with a less than 50/50 season.

Another thing I don't think his health would hold up to a minimum of 82 game season for maybe twice the money but I don't think that matters to him.

It's a revolving door in the NBA where even the best of coaches get fired with some years being about a 30% turnover. NBA coaches also do not get to pick their players which is a big mistake as I think coaches no better what kind of player they can coach than a GM who probably has never coached a day in his life.

Originally posted by FranklinHawk:

Originally posted by MoneyintheBanks:

Regardless of what you say, you're obviously a Clone fan. So as to why you feel the need to patrol this board with your seemingly endless free time, the world may never know. But please, cease with this action you pathetic trollop.
Regardless of what you say, I am not a Clone fan. Why do you feel a need to patrol this board with your endless free time? Also, why do people feel a need to just make stuff up and post it?
And regardless of what you say, nobody here believes you're a Hawkeye fan. Whether you're a UI grad or not, I'm not sure I've ever seen you say 1 positive thing here about the University or the Athletic Department. Most people avoid things they strongly dislike (unless they're simply trolling).
I don't really care if you believe it or not. So if I am not avoiding this board, it must mean I don't strongly dislike Iowa, huh?

I have said plenty of positive things about Iowa. Do you read all my posts? Are you one of those creepy stalkers like 5 and 100/JWR?
Nope, honestly most times when I run into one of the many threads that you and 100 have destroyed I just move along. You keep up the good fight though!

Originally posted by RoundRock620:
Isn't it weird that a coach wants quick success? What is he thinking?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT