ADVERTISEMENT

Police Handcuff Black Man For Eating a Sandwich

The PATH train between NJ and NYC also prohibits food and drink on trains and platforms. I personally love the law as it creates much cleaner trains. That being said, I've never seen the law enforced, not to say it isn't. In this case it appears the man didn't want to give his name or ID for the ticket, thus leaving the officer with his only option, arresting him. Whether it was racially biased, who knows from this one instance.

The PATH train between NJ and NYC also prohibits food and drink on trains and platforms. I personally love the law as it creates much cleaner trains. That being said, I've never seen the law enforced, not to say it isn't. In this case it appears the man didn't want to give his name or ID for the ticket, thus leaving the officer with his only option, arresting him. Whether it was racially biased, who knows from this one instance.
My guess is the dude had been warned before, and continued to flaunt the law.

Sometimes there are bad cops that make a mountain out of a mole hill. MOST of the time it is people that think the can be disrespectful and not listen to authority. Sometimes all you need to do is be nice.

Methinks there is more to the story... But I honestly don't care enough to even open the link.

Let me guess though... It all started with someone (not the cop) doing something illegal.

Insert: Quit breaking the law, asshole gif.

If you don't care enough to open the link, you should not state your opinion on it

Being openly defiant to cops is dumb regardless of what color you are. You’re just asking for trouble anytime you don’t comply to a man carrying a fvcking gun.

The problem we have now days -- and a lot of you otherwise intelligent people make this mistake -- is that people just flat out assume that items like this are racially motivated.

You have national outlets like CNN who plaster this on the front page, reinforcing the problem.

This in part is because these headlines get lots of clicks, and spot-the-racist has become a bit of a national past-time.

Black Lives Matter being the ultimate example of this problem. It turns out blacks really aren't any more likely to die unarmed at the hands of police than other ethnicities.

We're painting an inaccurate picture of the world. I don't see how that helps anyone.

Reactions: Ken o queef
Such BS!! Some cops I maybe would agree, but don't group us all together. I do my job the exact same way to every race I come across.
As do my friends that are cops. Keep reading on down the thread before you get butthurt.

As do my friends that are cops. Keep reading on down the thread before you get butthurt.
Not butthurt, just don't like the stereotypes. Normally, I do read all the thread before commenting, but this time I didn't.

The problem we have now days -- and a lot of you otherwise intelligent people make this mistake -- is that people just flat out assume that items like this are racially motivated.

You have national outlets like CNN who plaster this on the front page, reinforcing the problem.

This in part is because these headlines get lots of clicks, and spot-the-racist has become a bit of a national past-time.

Black Lives Matter being the ultimate example of this problem. It turns out blacks really aren't any more likely to die unarmed at the hands of police than other ethnicities.

We're painting an inaccurate picture of the world. I don't see how that helps anyone.

White people die more

Honestly I thought maybe he put ketchup on that breakfast sandwich in which case I would have been like "lock him up" but apparently it was just a regular breakfast sandwich so this just feels like govt overreach.

More context (won’t appease race-baiting attention whores)

"The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call," the statement continued. "It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement.

https://apple.news/A2xjyQta_RNqklstEzBHWvg

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62

Congrats guy with 12 posts that’s been on here less than a week, your post got liked by “Ken o queef”

Honestly I thought maybe he put ketchup on that breakfast sandwich in which case I would have been like "lock him up" but apparently it was just a regular breakfast sandwich so this just feels like govt overreach.

BK Crosanwich... add hash browns.... add ketchup.... MAGICAL!

More context (won’t appease race-baiting attention whores)

"The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call," the statement continued. "It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement.

https://apple.news/A2xjyQta_RNqklstEzBHWvg
Let’s see the video. If the office was right, he was right. But show the video.

Let’s see the video. If the office was right, he was right. But show the video.
The problem with situations like this is there often is no video at the beginning because people don't start recording until the situation has already escalated to the point where someone decides maybe they should be recording this. So many times valuable context is lost.

The problem with situations like this is there often is no video at the beginning because people don't start recording until the situation has already escalated to the point where someone decides maybe they should be recording this. So many times valuable context is lost.
Cop was wearing a body camera - should be video.

Reactions: TJ8869 and B1GDeal
A bunch of whites (Iowa basketball players) were just assaulted by a bunch of blacks (Depaul basketball players) and no one has even been fired.

Reactions: BelemNole
I haven't read over this entire thread, so it may have been mentioned already, but this was on the news this morning here in California. BART issued an apology to the man that was eating the sandwhich. It was also acknowledged that other individuals were eating in the same area but were not approached to stop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT