ADVERTISEMENT

Police say armed man killed himself instead of carrying out apparent plan to attack amusement park

SoProudNole

HB Legend
Jan 19, 2004
This seems like a first.

A heavily armed man killed himself rather than carry out an apparent plan to shoot up a mountaintop amusement park in Colorado, his body discovered in a bathroom next to words scrawled on the wall, “I am not a killer,” authorities said Monday.

Diego Barajas Medina, 20, was found dead in a women's bathroom at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park by a maintenance crew on Saturday morning, before the park opened to the public. He died of a self-inflected gunshot wound to the head, Garfield County Coroner Robert Glassmire said.

Medina apparently entered the park while it was closed, armed with an AR-style rifle, a semi-automatic handgun and explosives and was wearing body armor and tactical clothing, similar to what a police SWAT team member might wear, authorities said.

A message saying, “I am not a killer, I just wanted to get into the caves,” was written on a wall of the bathroom where Medina's body was found lying on the floor, Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario said. Nearby was a handgun and explosive devices, some real and some fake, he said. The AR-style rifle was on a counter nearby along with a duty belt holding several ammunition magazines.

Link

Reactions: mnole03
Baby Hat GIF

This seems like a first.

A heavily armed man killed himself rather than carry out an apparent plan to shoot up a mountaintop amusement park in Colorado, his body discovered in a bathroom next to words scrawled on the wall, “I am not a killer,” authorities said Monday.

Diego Barajas Medina, 20, was found dead in a women's bathroom at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park by a maintenance crew on Saturday morning, before the park opened to the public. He died of a self-inflected gunshot wound to the head, Garfield County Coroner Robert Glassmire said.

Medina apparently entered the park while it was closed, armed with an AR-style rifle, a semi-automatic handgun and explosives and was wearing body armor and tactical clothing, similar to what a police SWAT team member might wear, authorities said.

A message saying, “I am not a killer, I just wanted to get into the caves,” was written on a wall of the bathroom where Medina's body was found lying on the floor, Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario said. Nearby was a handgun and explosive devices, some real and some fake, he said. The AR-style rifle was on a counter nearby along with a duty belt holding several ammunition magazines.

Link
Dear Lord! We were at that park this summer. I can't imagine...there's not a quick way to get down from there either. We'd have been sitting ducks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT