ADVERTISEMENT

Police tase a restrained man

Going to need independent prisoner advocates with free re at jails.

he will get a massive payday and all the cops will/should do some serious time.

Is there a back story? It’s filmed, what kind of idiot thinks this will end well?

very odd.

and you still need cops

They feared for their lives...

So, you have one cop acting egregiously, but what is everyone else doing? Nobody steps forward and tells the Sgt. to take a walk and calm himself down. And, apparently nobody reported this immediately?

Reactions: SB_SB
I’m sure there is more to the story. 12 people just standing around and letting it happen while 12 cameras are rolling. I don’t buy it.

Dude was arrested for domestic assault, was being combative with police and resisting arrest. Good idea to tase a guy restrained in a chair? Probably not, but to act like this dude didn’t have it coming is ridiculous. Maybe people charged with domestic abuse should be restrained to a chair and tased? Sounds like a good idea to me. I’m very big on womens rights and against toxic masculinity.

I'm not condoning any behavior of the police here....What was the inmate/suspect brought to jail for? Why was it determined he needed to be placed in the chair with a mask on?....Again, nobody should be tased while already secured in a chair...I'm simply asking for the info that lead to so many officers/chair/mask being required(in their mind), that led up to this happening to this individual...

The cops only outnumbered him by about 7/1 or 8/1.

I can certainly understand how fearful the dirty cops were!

Reactions: Tom Paris
I'm not condoning any behavior of the police here....What was the inmate/suspect brought to jail for? Why was it determined he needed to be placed in the chair with a mask on?....Again, nobody should be tased while already secured in a chair...I'm simply asking for the info that lead to so many officers/chair/mask being required(in their mind), that led up to this happening to this individual...
None of that matters. Is he a bad guy? Maybe? They most certainly violated department policy, and because this happened so closely to an incident that they lost a lawsuit on it suggests a culture of non compliance to policy.
It isn't the job of the police officers to mete out justice. Or, to punish. That was torture.

None of that matters. Is he a bad guy? Maybe? They most certainly violated department policy, and because this happened so closely to an incident that they lost a lawsuit on it suggests a culture of non compliance to policy.
It isn't the job of the police officers to mete out justice. Or, to punish. That was torture.
My question is based on the fact that when a compliant/non violent suspect is brought to jail...usually there are 2...maybe 3 officers there at the intake to help transition the inmate through the jail processing..just looking for answers as to why so many officers..the chair...the mask was requested to be there...Is there video of this suspects arrest/arrival at the jail!?

My question is based on the fact that when a compliant/non violent suspect is brought to jail...usually there are 2...maybe 3 officers there at the intake to help transition the inmate through the jail processing..just looking for answers as to why so many officers..the chair...the mask was requested to be there...Is there video of this suspects arrest/arrival at the jail!?
I get that, but the use of the taser came after he was fully restrained, and the officer was clearly taunting the man. Nothing really matters at that point as to the use of force. Why so many people? Kinda looked like you had people milling around. At least one looks like a med tech.
However, you also have to look at all of the behavior of the officers to be circumspect at this point. The use of all of the restraints, and the hood are questionable given how the Sgt taunted the man.

I get that, but the use of the taser came after he was fully restrained, and the officer was clearly taunting the man. Nothing really matters at that point as to the use of force. Why so many people? Kinda looked like you had people milling around. At least one looks like a med tech.
However, you also have to look at all of the behavior of the officers to be circumspect at this point. The use of all of the restraints, and the hood are questionable given how the Sgt taunted the man.
I already stated it was obviously wrong to taser a restrained suspect..I'm looking for actual facts/evidence/video of why so many officers were called to the intake/why the chair was requested and used..and why the officers thought a mask needed to be placed over his head.. I want to see/hear all the facts and evidence.. I would obviously like to see/hear the statements as to why the officer thought it was the correct protocol to taser a completely defenseless restrained suspect.

Last edited:
I already stated it was obviously wrong to taser a restrained suspect..I'm looking for actual facts/evidence/video of why so many officers were called to the intake/why the chair was requested and used..and why the officers thought a mask needed to be placed over his head.. I want to see/hear all the facts and evidence.. I would obviously like to see/hear the statements as to why the officer thought he was right to taser a completely defenseless restrained suspect.
Already answered, he was resisting arrest and being aggressive. It was a mask to prevent spitting.

Already answered, he was resisting arrest and being aggressive. It was a mask to prevent spitting.

He could have burned down one of the
officer's house while they were trying to arrest him and it doesn't justify this. Felony Assault and at least 5-10 years in prison should be a minimum sentence for everyone that used the taser. Unpaid suspensions for the dumbasses that stood around and watched what was happening.

Reactions: MitchLL
Good idea to tase a guy restrained in a chair? Probably not, but to act like this dude didn’t have it coming is ridiculous. Maybe people charged with domestic abuse should be restrained to a chair and tased? Sounds like a good idea to me. I’m very big on womens rights and against toxic masculinity.
I’m bigger on the bill of rights.
You’re suggesting it ‘sounds like a good idea’ for the police to torture people they decide to charge with crimes.
No conviction needed.

You’re dumb.

Reactions: TheonGreyJoy
officer's house while they were trying to arrest him and it doesn't justify this. Felony Assault and at least 5-10 years in prison should be a minimum sentence for everyone that used the taser. Unpaid suspensions for the dumbasses that stood around and watched what was happening.

I doubt any of them face even the slightest consequences. There will only be paid vacations and promotions for these gang members.

I see you've softened your a approach a bit since the last thread.

I doubt any of them face even the slightest consequences. There will only be paid vacations and promotions for these gang members.
Good description...gang with badges.

Body cams and cell phones...a cop's worst enemy.

This behavior has probably occurred for decades.

Good description...gang with badges.

Body cams and cell phones...a cop's worst enemy.

This behavior has probably occurred for decades.

One of the things that you will notice if you watch a few of the auditor videos is that cops absolutely hate cameras. They will ignore 50 other people and put the guy holding a camera through the ringer. "We got a call." "You're suspicious." "Do you have any id." "Do you have any warrants." Then they try to provoke and escalate.

Reactions: MitchLL
I've always been fair and consistent when it comes to police brutality so I have no idea what you mean.

Well before you've advocated for the collective pension system to be raided for the purpose of paying out lawsuits. I was surprised that you didn't state that again.

Well before you've advocated for the collective pension system to be raided for the purpose of paying out lawsuits. I was surprised that you didn't state that again.

I didn't think that needed to be stated since it's so obvious. Why should tax payers have to pay this person thousands/millions of dollars just because a dozen cops decided to act like dumb f*cks and abuse their authority.

I didn't think that needed to be stated since it's so obvious. Why should tax payers have to pay this person thousands/millions of dollars just because a dozen cops decided to act like dumb f*cks and abuse their authority.

Do you agree that the same should be done with teacher pensions when one of their own sexually assaults a student?

Linn County Jail in Cedar Rapids use to have a board that they would strap people to that were really combative. Strip them naked, strap them to a board, throw them in a cell for a few hours, most people settle down after that.

Do you agree that the same should be done with teacher pensions when one of their own sexually assaults a student?
Do the other teacher stand around and watch the sexual assault without intervention or notifying authorities of what happened? That’s the biggest issue with police… the good ones don’t stop or turn in the bad ones. If they did these type of issues would dramatically decrease knowing they can’t get away with it.

Do the other teacher stand around and watch the sexual assault without intervention or notifying authorities of what happened? That’s the biggest issue with police… the good ones don’t stop or turn in the bad ones. If they did these type of issues would dramatically decrease knowing they can’t get away with it.

The police officers reported it.

I’m sure there is more to the story. 12 people just standing around and letting it happen while 12 cameras are rolling. I don’t buy it.

When you fail to believe your own eyes, then you're the type of person that can be manipulated to believe anything.

Going to need independent prisoner advocates with free re at jails.

he will get a massive payday and all the cops will/should do some serious time.

Is there a back story? It’s filmed, what kind of idiot thinks this will end well?

very odd.

and you still need cops
Reminds me of Iraq. When some troops were caught stacking bodies and taking pictures for entertainment purposes.
Some folks when given authority become cruel.

The police officers reported it.
Problem is that they often don’t intervene or report this sort of thing. Until the Blue Line is drawn to stop the bad apples from doing these things this will be an issue. Hopefully with more and more cameras and more and more coverage the line shifts so that the bad cops are no longer in the force. For decades they’ve gotten away with this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT