ADVERTISEMENT

Politics 2 party system question?

IAFB2021Champs

HR Heisman
Feb 6, 2012
First off I know, how stupid can I be for asking something so dumb.

But, has anyone else wondered how we have one party that is against abortion but also does anything it can to make sure people from another county are not coming into our country for a better life.

The other party, is totally fine with terminating a life but is all about letting anyone and everyone to come life with us in our country and not have to worry about anything.

This is what I don’t understand about politics. Why do you have to be all on board with one thing or the other.
Why can’t you be against tons of people coming into our country illegally but also realize a women should have the right to decide if they want to or can afford to bring another life into this world.

Once again, stupid question I know, how dare someone think anything other then what a party tells you to think.

Why can’t you be against tons of people coming into our country illegally but also realize a women should have the right to decide if they want to or can afford to bring another life into this world.
You can, and if polled, the vast majority of Americans would be in this camp.

The 2 parties are less representative than ever of the people who vote for them, but the two party system is so deeply-seated that we all consider a 3rd, more moderate, more representative option to be unrealistic...so we gotta pick one.

Also, nearly all of our media has chosen one of the 2 sides to promote through propaganda and bias, so it makes it that much harder to persuade enough Americans to believe in a moderate alternative to actually go to the polls and support a 3rd option.

The 2 parties are less representative than ever of the people who vote for them, but the two party system is so deeply-seated that we all consider a 3rd, more moderate, more representative option to be unrealistic...so we gotta pick one.

Also, nearly all of our media has chosen one of the 2 sides to promote through propaganda and bias, so it makes it that much harder to persuade enough Americans to believe in a moderate alternative to actually go to the polls and support a 3rd option.
I would think the media should be making it easier to form a 3rd option. They are constantly pushing stupid upon all of us.
How can anyone truly believe all the bs anymore.
You’d think Americans should be wanting to make their own decisions by now and not be following the stupid train of the hardcore left and right.

I would think the media should be making it easier to form a 3rd option. They are constantly pushing stupid upon all of us.
How can anyone truly believe all the bs anymore.
You’d think Americans should be wanting to make their own decisions by now and not be following the stupid train of the hardcore left and right.
Why do you think the "media" is some impartial group?

The reason it's unrealistic is because of the way the system is set up. It's set up to ensure 2 party dominance.

When you have first past the post single member districts it leads to there only being 2 choices. Otherwise the 3rd party member who might otherwise get votes plays "spoiler".

This is why we need ranked choice voting and ideally proportional representation so bad. We need to radically change how we elect our representatives in order to not only end 2 party extremism and supremacy but also to eliminate gerrymandering.

Reactions: Moral

But, has anyone else wondered how we have one party that is against abortion but also does anything it can to make sure people from another county are not coming into our country for a better life.

The other party, is totally fine with terminating a life but is all about letting anyone and everyone to come life with us in our country and not have to worry about anything.

This is what I don’t understand about politics. Why do you have to be all on board with one thing or the other.

Once again, stupid question I know, how dare someone think anything other then what a party tells you to think.
It’s called being an independent, like myself…

Democrats care more about living people than unborn cells. Republicans care more about unborn cells than actual living people (just like Christ says in the bible).

Why do you respond to this thread but avoid addressing the original question?

I would ban all political parties. I am in with George, and my experience with government over the years has only reinforced this.

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

The reason it's unrealistic is because of the way the system is set up. It's set up to ensure 2 party dominance.

When you have first past the post single member districts it leads to there only being 2 choices. Otherwise the 3rd party member who might otherwise get votes plays "spoiler".

This is why we need ranked choice voting and ideally proportional representation so bad. We need to radically change how we elect our representatives in order to not only end 2 party extremism and supremacy but also to eliminate gerrymandering.
Precisely. Our system will always produce 2 parties unless we make significant changes. Primaries should be partyless with ranked choice voting. This would allow for more moderate candidates or candidates with more varied positions.

Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle seem to say what many think without actually giving a damn what other's think:

NSFW

To the OP's point, I don't think you have to be "all in" on everything. Like old Dave here, I'm down with the "L", "G", & "B", but that damn "T" is troublesome. It's an odd thing that I've not fully wrapped my head around just yet. Hell, I'll catch flack just because I didn't give my universal unquestionable acceptance of the "T". Meh

NSFW

Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle seem to say what many think without actually giving a damn what other's think:

NSFW

To the OP's point, I don't think you have to be "all in" on everything. Like old Dave here, I'm down with the "L", "G", & "B", but that damn "T" is troublesome. It's an odd thing that I've not fully wrapped my head around just yet. Hell, I'll catch flack just because I didn't give my universal unquestionable acceptance of the "T". Meh

NSFW
You want to go down this route? Should we post all the clips bashing conservatives?

Until it pops out. I sure hope no one would do it right before that happens but that would be her choice and would have to live with that choice every day.
If it’s a young single soon to be mother, perhaps we could give her some emotional support and make sure she is truly thinking about what she is doing.

Why should that decision be made by someone that is clueless of the situation she is in or would potentially be in.

We need to start doing a better job of teaching and educating in this world. Not just being reactive and making a law because we’ve failed at teaching about something.

Completely agree, and I doubt we ever get ranked choice voting because they would require the two parties to neuter themselves.

Until it pops out. I sure hope no one would do it right before that happens but that would be her choice and would have to live with that choice every day.
If it’s a young single soon to be mother, perhaps we could give her some emotional support and make sure she is truly thinking about what she is doing.

Why should that decision be made by someone that is clueless of the situation she is in or would potentially be in.

We need to start doing a better job of teaching and educating in this world. Not just being reactive and making a law because we’ve failed at teaching about something.
Kind of difficult to educate maga scum. They are rather, to put it nicely, slow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT