ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Best thing Iowa has going

UncleChesterton

HR All-State
Nov 20, 2010
We've got some pretty great things going on in the state. Was wondering where the Hawkeyes fell in all of this.

I'm a golfer, so I'm giving some love to Zach Johnson. He's got 5.2 speed and was high 2* out of high school just like Hitchens, Kirksey, and Micah Hyde. MAYBE you've heard of those guys they're just in the NFL. He's the only Iowan on the PGA tour and won a MASTERS 6 years ago. You know that lowly tournament that NO ONE cares about.

QUit bashing Iowa, go follow another state.

I voted for Zach. At the time I voted he was tied with Iowa Football.
No way IA. football should be close to Zach!

Originally posted by UncleChesterton:
We've got some pretty great things going on in the state. Was wondering where the Hawkeyes fell in all of this.
Where are you from Chester?

Those choices are just too tough. How can one choose a favorite from that list? The two comedic US senators ranks up there also. Of the rendered list, the football team is an easy number 1.

Well since you asked UncleChester I'll tell you. Since I believe you are a Nebraskan if I remember correctly.

We have 2 Major Univerisities in both Iowa and ISU(both AAU by the way), and both of which are bigger schools than UN-L. We also have Drake University and the University of Northern Iowa. Both well respected Universities,with UNI also being a contender year in and out in their leagues of sports. You know the story with Iowa and ISU sports wise as you regularly have played us in all.

We do in fact lead the nation in Soy production, as well as other categories within the farming industry. Which is absolutely nothing to take lightly as it's an economic advantage we have due to the need for it, and the fact it doesn't go away. Its a huge reason Iowa wasn't hit as hard as others were during the 2008 crisis. It's literally a cash crop that brings in hundreds of millions, if not billions overall.

We are also quickly becoming known as the hub point of Silicon Prairie, a take on Silicon Valleys expansion into the midwest. We have data centers for Microsoft, Google, and Facebook, all of which are within the cost ranges of hundreds of millions of dollars. The Google center itself costed $780 Million, with the Facebook property also being in that range, if not a little bit more.

Iowa is also at least 1,000,000 stronger in population than you are. All of our major areas are known as being growth hot spots for young professionals. The crime rates are low, and the economic prosperity is growing and growing.

And on to sports since you like to use this as measuring stick for your weiners.

Iowa, is the top program in wrestling, and will always be from here on out. Our football program is one of the nations best, with top of the line of the facilites, a nationwide fanbase, and its profits are routinely within the top 20. You can say what you want about our success, but the size of the engine that runs it is undeniable. Basketball at this point is also on the rise, and historically is pretty darn successful, especially compared to yours.

ISU, is also a top competitor in wrestling and their football program sucks for the most part. It is slowly growing though, and is good for occasional upset here and there. Their baskeball program is admittedly the finest in the state, and lights years ahead of yours.

UNI itself is a powerhouse in their division. Routinely making the playoffs in football, and their Basketball program has gone further than your Div-1 program has EVER gone in the tournament. They would likely smack you current team down.

So basically you have Omaha, and Husker football, good for you.

I would say Zach first and then IA FB a close second. I don't think a majority of the country notices the others very much except for caucuses every 4 years.

Zach.
sick0020.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:
Dubuque area, originally. Have also lived in Iowa City, Cedar Falls, Marshalltown and Urbandale. Lincoln area, now.

I have to go with Iowa wrestling.

This post was edited on 1/29 5:31 PM by UncleChesterton

the state in general, IA is well known for their Pork chops nation wide. as it is marked as Iowa Chops.

Dubuque area, originally. Have also lived in Iowa City, Cedar Falls, Marshalltown and Urbandale. Lincoln area, now.

Has Lincoln destroyed your mind yet? Are you able to be saved?

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

the state in general, IA is well known for their Pork chops nation wide. as it is marked as Iowa Chops.
Southern BBQ blows anything Iowa can dream of making out of a pig. Except maybe bacon, cuz you can't really beat bacon.

This post was edited on 1/30 10:19 AM by fezzador

Has Lincoln destroyed your mind yet? Are you able to be saved?
Probably not, although I would have rooted for Iowa over Nebraska if it had meant the chance at the conference title game. Who could have guessed at the apocalyptic slaughter that awaited that lucky team in the B1G CCG?

I forgot something when I made my list. Because of being the #1 hog producer, Iowa Burger Kings carry something known as the Country Pork Sandwich!! Few foods can compare to this and it is clearly one of the best reasons to live in, drive through, park near or visit Iowa.

I read I believe on tweeter recently that Pat Angerer said he remember winning the Orange bowl game and how excited and satisfied the Players,Fans and coaching staff was then the Wrestling team won the NC and where piss off because they didn't score more points I thought that was a very interesting observation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT