ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Harris, Trump tied in Georgia

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
Vice President Kamala Harris and former president Donald Trump are tied in the battleground state of Georgia, according to a new poll.
The AARP survey found Harris and Trump each received the support of 48 percent of likely voters in a head-to-head matchup in the state. Three percent were undecided, and 1 percent said “other.”

With third-party candidates included, the race remained tight. Trump garnered support from 46 percent of likely voters, and Harris got 44 percent, followed by 4 percent for independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., 2 percent for independent candidate Cornel West and 1 percent for Green Party candidate Jill Stein. Three percent were undecided.
It is the first time that AARP has polled Georgia this election cycle. The survey was conducted July 24-31, starting three days after President Joe Biden ended his reelection campaign and endorsed Harris to replace him on the ticket.
Before Biden withdrew from the race, The Washington Post’s polling average in Georgia gave Trump a five-percentage-point advantage.
Trump won Georgia in 2016 but narrowly lost it to Biden in 2020. He held a rally Saturday in Atlanta, and Harris and her new running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, were set to campaign Friday in Savannah, though it was postponed because of Tropical Storm Debby.
The AARP poll was conducted by the bipartisan polling duo of Impact Research, a Democratic firm, and Fabrizio Ward, a Republican firm. They interviewed 600 likely voters across Georgia about the presidential election. The margin of error was plus or minus four percentage points.

for all the people who try to portray themselves as these edgy, savvy thinkers, yet can't figure out why kamala isn't doing open press conferences...

this is why. she's gaining in the polls and here opponent is doing stuff like telling a room full of black people that his black opponent isn't actually black

keep your head down, give some speeches, let your opponent spiral. this is a marathon, not a sprint

this isn't a conspiracy...its politics

for all the people who try to portray themselves as these edgy, savvy thinkers, yet can't figure out why kamala isn't doing open press conferences...

this is why. she's gaining in the polls and here opponent is doing stuff like telling a room full of black people that his black opponent isn't actually black

keep your head down, give some speeches, let your opponent spiral. this is a marathon, not a sprint

this isn't a conspiracy...its politics

Never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake.

Day 19 and still not a single posted policy position from harris/walz.

Except swing State polls.

Once you remove the subjective polls like Rasmussen and others that have a political agenda, they absolutely are meaningful.

We know Georgia numbers upset you.

Deal with it.
How do you know it upsets me? I can't stand either party or candidate right now. I have zero stake in the game. Polls are always BS. You just like them when they favor your side and criticize them when they don't. Reps does the exact thing. And zero candidates have ever taken office by winning polls. So they are worthless.

Reactions: chonk
Who would have thought that Trump, angrily telling a large convention room filled with Black journalists, “who can be black, and who can’t”, would back fire on him in the polls.

Everything he touches….

Trump & Vance are both experiencing brain cramps. First Trump goes into Georgia and starts berating their popular Republican governor Brian Kemp. And now Vance is chirping incessantly about Walz's military "valor" of all things which once again brings focus on Trump's military service (or lack there of) and his infamous bone spurs draft cop-out.

Day 19 and still not a single posted policy position from harris/walz.
If she has no policy positions then why does the right attack her for immigration, private health insurance and fracking?

Does Trump have any thought out policy positions? If so, what are they? Just saying "I'll do better than my opponent" isn't a policy position.

This just proves that polls are 100% correct 70% of the time.
8a677f06-467c-4415-9b4c-0e50e6236b44_text.gif

Reactions: Torg
How do you know it upsets me? I can't stand either party or candidate right now. I have zero stake in the game. Polls are always BS. You just like them when they favor your side and criticize them when they don't. Reps does the exact thing. And zero candidates have ever taken office by winning polls. So they are worthless.
This.

The constant ebb/flow of these ‘polls’ is designed to influence; not inform.

99.9% of those who vote have already made their minds up and the constant mindf*** from Rasmussen, NBC, Harris, ain’t changing anybody’s mind.

• Love
Reactions: Sharky1203
This.

99.9% of those who vote have already made their minds up and the constant mindf*** from Rasmussen, NBC, Harris, ain’t changing anybody’s mind.
While there is certainly some truth to that, we are in a window where the polls are, in fact, meaningful, because they are now measuring electoral views for two completely different candidates.

If she has no policy positions then why does the right attack her for immigration, private health insurance and fracking?

Does Trump have any thought out policy positions? If so, what are they? Just saying "I'll do better than my opponent" isn't a policy position.
He will release his whole platform in about two weeks…

While there is certainly some truth to that, we are in a window where the polls are, in fact, meaningful, because they are now measuring electoral views for two completely different candidates.
Who are they calling? How answers the phone that day? Do the polls target a certain group of voters? Polls are objective and can be manipulated. I trust them about as much as an all nighter of keg beer and Taco Bell fart.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
This.

Not true. There are those who back a party who might not have felt the need to go vote that now might. There are also those who were on the fence and this change might lead them one way or another. Those who were already planning to vote aren't changing... they are who they are... it's how many on the fence can you get to come your way and how many who weren't excited can you get to the voting booth.

Who are they calling? How answers the phone that day? Do the polls target a certain group of voters? Polls are objective and can be manipulated. I trust them about as much as an all nighter of keg beer and Taco Bell fart.
Candidly, for present purposes, it doesn't really matter who they're calling, as long as they've been doing it in a consistent manner over time. If they have, and numbers are changing, that in fact gives you some insight as to what may be happening on the ground.

Not to get too philosophical here, but by coincidence, I was rereading the first chapter of Jacob Bronowski's classic "Science and Human Values" on the bus home last night. The tone of your skepticism toward pollster-statisticians is eerily similar to his (mocking) description of the tone of artists and philosophers who condemned scientists' ethics in the post war period.

It's absolutely remarkable what we're witnessing in real time.

And Harris is operating perfectly.

Just let the Trumpsters self destruct.
I wouldn't go that far. It's entirely predictable that she'd have an initial bump, and frankly, it's why I've been a little quiet around here because the data reflects her initial halo. We'll see what things look like around labor day, after the shiny new thing and convention effects have had their time in the sun, and only then, in state polls.

Do I think her bump's notable? yep. Notable and predictable. But no idea as to sustainability.

They're only interested in discussing hard-hitting boogeyman issues, things like:

• trans in sports
  • migrant crime
  • welfare queens
  • dei
  • crt
  • indoctrination of children in public schools
  • scary books

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT