ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Who Won The Debate?

Who Won The Debate?

• Joe Biden

• Donald Trump

• Nobody

• Nobody And We're Screwed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone who thought either of them won is wearing partisan blinders. The person who likely benefited the most from last night was Biden.

I will say, though, the best HROT comment from last night was, "I don't support Biden. He's who I'm voting for."

Best FB post was my daughters (no pics), "[Chris Wallace] is getting treated like a substitute teacher."

Trump had the meatiest meatball thrown right over the plate, he took a half-assed swing at it, and missed by a mile.
When a debate moderator asks you if you denounce a hate group, the first words out of your mouth have to be "of course I denounce the hate group." Anything else is incorrect.
But Biden wasn't a great deal better. He failed miserably when he tried to cite numbers. It took him four tries to get "200,000" out of his mouth.
I think Dana Bash hit the nail on the head.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Trump lost the election last night. He doesn't have what it takes for a comeback. He is getting monsooned in the money race. He can't crack Biden's 6-7 point lead in the polls. And it's clear the debates will only hurt him. There are no apparent ways for him to get back in the game. He will be a one termer.

I only watched portions of it; I couldn't stand more than a few minutes' dosage before changing the channel for a bit, then jumping back. It was kinda like drinking a jug of that stuff they give you the night before a colonoscopy. I voted Biden winning; what I really mean with that vote is that he didn't lose.

trump couldn't "lose" in the debate, in that nothing he does or says will cause any of his supporters to jump ship. He was exactly what you'd expect him to be - talk loud, exaggerate accomplishments, ignore the negatives; interrupt & talk over both Biden and the moderator at times; act like an ass at times. Throw out his childish nicknames that his fans love to hear.
Biden absolutely stood to lose, if he'd looked really bad. I'm sure part of trump's plan was to interrupt him a lot & hope that he'd lose his train of thought, so they could play that up - "see, we told you he's losing it, can't have him in office." That didn't happen; as trump interrupted, Biden mostly ignored it & when trump was finished Biden moved back into what he'd been discussing. The fake laugh got annoying after awhile.

Reactions: torbee
Wallace went easy on Biden, perhaps in deference to his age and mental decline.

Multiple times Wallace tried to get Trump to commit to a specific answer, whereas on the most important question of the night to Biden, he allowed a non answer.

The question was would Biden pack the Supreme Court and Biden refused to answer

The choice here is between the over-the-hill guy vs the crazy over-the-hill crack/meth addict guy.

I don't think it should be a difficult choice for the vast majority of Americans. Biden didn't cover himself in glory but he wasn't a complete trainwreck like Trump.

Last edited:
Wallace went easy on Biden, perhaps in deference to his age and mental decline.
LOL. Blame the moderator, always a sure sign you "won" the debate. Yeah sure, Biden is the main guy with age and mental decline issues. Without Wallace, Trump basically talks loud and over Biden for an hour and a half and at some point Biden probably just walks off the stage.

Anyone else think a better evening would be spent watching Trump debate @Chishawk1425 with @William Bonney moderating?

RaggedUnpleasantJackal-small.gif

In the immediate aftermath of the debate, the lead in for Fox News said that Trump is “still alive” and “still has a chance.” Such tepid reactions should tell you all you need to know.

Even Santorum on CNN thought it was a bad night for Trump.

Biden probably won the debate by default, largely because Trump has been painting him as too old, senile, etc., to the point that he would "win" if he was still exchanging punches with Trump at the end of the night.

Trump...I'm sure he thought he did well, but his campaign staff had to be horrified...again, by his lack of control. He's currently losing the race, so he had to come out swinging, which he did. But he never showed any hint of reigning it in.

The whole debate was out of control all night. Biden's best moments came when he looked at the camera, addressed the American people directly and ignored Trump. But too often he got sucked into those exchanges with Trump.

Even Santorum on CNN thought it was a bad night for Trump.

Biden probably won the debate by default, largely because Trump has been painting him as too old, senile, etc., to the point that he would "win" if he was still exchanging punches with Trump at the end of the night.

Trump...I'm sure he thought he did well, but his campaign staff had to be horrified...again, by his lack of control. He's currently losing the race, so he had to come out swinging, which he did. But he never showed any hint of reigning it in.

The whole debate was out of control all night. Biden's best moments came when he looked at the camera, addressed the American people directly and ignored Trump. But too often he got sucked into those exchanges with Trump.
Biden tried, he tried. Trump made a desecration of the ****ing Presidential debates now, he's destroyed about every norm at this point.

LOL. Blame the moderator, always a sure sign you "won" the debate. Yeah sure, Biden is the main guy with age and mental decline issues. Without Wallace, Trump basically talks loud and over Biden for an hour and a half and at some point Biden probably just walks off the stage.

Did Biden answer the question?

Why do you think he didn’t?

How many times did Wallace ask Trump if he only paid $750 in taxes?

How many times did Wallace ask Biden if he was going to pack the Supreme Court?

Both debaters were awful. Do you think your guy wasn’t?

Trump lost the election last night. He doesn't have what it takes for a comeback. He is getting monsooned in the money race. He can't crack Biden's 6-7 point lead in the polls. And it's clear the debates will only hurt him. There are no apparent ways for him to get back in the game. He will be a one termer.

I remember this same statement in 2016 after the first debate.

Both candidates looked ridiculous. Trump was a bumbling, over talking, idiot. Biden looked like a child with his "oh shut up" and "lets take this back stage" shit.

I agree with Alaska- anyone who thinks either candidate "won" is being partisan. Embarrassment.

I'm glad I didn't watch. I'm sure I'll see snippets but I'm getting a pretty good picture of how it went from the comments on both sides.
I thought James Wood's tweet - "Trump crushed Chris Wallace in their debate tonight and oh yeah there was some old guy walking around the stage muttering to himself" - or words to that effect - was brutal.
I think Trump must have really goaded him into saying some things. Biden probably didn't need to tell DJT to shut up or call him a racist but I'm sure those of you who support Biden liked it.
Lots of anger on HROT tonight, and that's not a good thing. Y'all stop screaming at each other. Damn, who's gonna bring in the corn?!

“I didn’t watch it but I know exactly how it went because I read a tweet from high school graduate James Woods” perfectly encapsulates the mentality and cognitive abilities of the typical Trump enthusiast.

Reactions: nelly02
okay i just watched the recording entire hour and a half on youtube and urge everyone who intends voting to actually watch the whole damn thing...It would be doing a disservice to yourself and the country if you rely on random posts or media. also once you actually have seen the whole thing it’s hilarious to observe posts and articles.

My FB feed is all over the place.

From a Republican friend, "So disappointed in last nights debate. Chris Wallace’s performance as a moderator was a disgrace! It would have been nice to hear two candidates ideas and opposing viewpoints. He was too busy saving Joe and interrupting our President. Shameful!"

I'm like, WHAT! Chris did the best he could with what basically equated to a hostile witness and a battered house wife.

My post:

Republicans: Trump was assertive and took command--HE WON!

Democrats: Biden was reserved and Presidential--HE WON!

Independents: America lost!

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
trump is leading this guy by like 40% does not need any changed minds
you picked right in 2016 and i pay attention to your ideas and predictions but how/where are you seeing trump’s massive lead? i don’t believe the polls but don’t see sources showing otherwise either.

Give me Fact Checkers all night long, Biden in a landslide. How about manners and etiquette checkers too? Biden wins again. This couldn't be easier.

I would rather see them cut their mics. Stop the debate. Trump interrupted Biden more, but Biden was guilty of it as well. Let Trump act like a buffoon. Biden would be much better off stopping and calmly answering. Instead, in many cases he wanted to yell right back at him. Biden won the debate, IMO, but he could have done much, much better. Trump wanted to rattle him and did so on many occasion. That’s all Trump has at this point, trying to get Joe in a gotcha moment. Desperate to try to get him to say the he supports the Green New Deal or Law and Order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT