ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: who's moving to On3?

Will you stay on HROT or go to On3?

• Yes, I'll go with the HR staff to On3!

• No, I'll stay, even though they did a great job for us here.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My problem with the $1 sign up is how much of a hassle will it be to cancel and also remembering to do so. Canceling a Rivial's membership is like having teeth pulled.
I put cancellations on my calendar so they remind me like meetings.

It's true though, the $1 really only gets you a year, then it's $99.

Tough choice still.

Reactions: QChawks
Although I’ve advocated most posters not coming over, www.hawkeyelounge.com is the best website for off-topic and Hawkeye related news. The posting and discussion is much better. It’s not as juvenile but still a fun place. Sign up and see if Buffethawk will let your bitch asses in.
Wow, haven't been over there in years. Thanks for the reminder. Yep, still a member.

Reactions: Tom Paris
During the purge a few years back I was on HALO but also became active on TigerDroppings and have been on there ever since. Since it seems we are free to talk about other boards given the pending changes I'd also encourage Hawkeye fans to head over to Tigerdroppings and check out the various boards there. More Sports Board is the main one I follow but the OT Board and Politics board are good too. It's an LSU site but it is national. Tons of posters from Big Ten country there. A lot. I believe it is the largest sports message board in the country.

I'm curious about how the new mods will run this board. I think that will be the biggest factor in if this place continues on or dies off
Exactly. If there are mods here I'm not even aware of them, and yet somehow things seem to run smoothly. So my guess is if they nuke anything, it's the spam and truly egregious things while allowing the rest to self moderate. Of course you could always bring the Nazi's who took over the Locker Room at warchant and nuke the entire thing from orbit.

I’m signed up for both right now. I’ll see which one gets more traffic after the switch becomes official. On3 is going to need an off-topic board. Right now they just have the Hawkeye Lounge and I have no interest in sifting through dozens of threads bitching about Brian Ferentz just to find boobs.
Climate Change 2020 Race GIF by Election 2020

I pay for the Lounge here, but with my care for Hawkeye sports dwindling by the year I doubt I will pay for another site. I’m in here far more than the Lounge now. That wasn’t the case for years.

Although I’ve advocated most posters not coming over, www.hawkeyelounge.com is the best website for off-topic and Hawkeye related news. The posting and discussion is much better. It’s not as juvenile but still a fun place. Sign up and see if Buffethawk will let your bitch asses in.

I am still perm banned there lol. That has to be like 15 years now.

I left for a while, debated coming back. I dont have the fire to troll here like I once did.

I am going to do a write up next week. I am assuming 12/31 is the end one way or another.

I'm quitting the life. After this job, I'm done. I'm gonna walk the earth. See where it takes me......

Reactions: TJ8869
I'm working on my own site. It's called "OPs Mom" and is mostly hard core policy discussions. An old style Salon of higher discourse. Something like a cross between the main board and 4chan.
Invitations have already gone out to the strong critical thinkers on this board. If you haven't received one...

• Sad
Reactions: NDallasRuss
if i move im going to drop this god damn handle i've requested to change it like 4 times and gotten a no each time

I read more than post. I drug myself over here a year and a half ago when Hawkeye Nation became a ghost town. My year deal just renewed two weeks ago. I’ll see how the traffic ends up here.

too bad...i was totally hoping that you are kadyn slumming it on hrot :)
I hope the bag is large enough. You can’t say Iowa doesn’t develop their blockers, and the NFL is onto the fact that Alabama doesn’t necessarily.

Reactions: desihawk
It was a solid 80/20 earlier today, but the leaves have gained about 7 pts now to make it 73% stay now.

Looking forward to the new years boobs poster by the 27%.

Already there and will stay with Tom and Blair for sports paid board. Will drop paid Lounge. I'll check in here from time to time, but I'm guessing the Iowa rivals site will fade away in time.

My problem with the $1 sign up is how much of a hassle will it be to cancel and also remembering to do so. Canceling a Rivial's membership is like having teeth pulled.

My Rivals premium membership expires on the 23rd, It took me about 2 minutes to cancel. Tell them you are cancelling, They offer 3 months free, Say no thanks, they offer 4 months free, Say no thanks and they say OK. The guy I chatted with on yahoo chat was very friendly during the process.

My Rivals premium membership expires on the 23rd, It took me about 2 minutes to cancel. Tell them you are cancelling, They offer 3 months free, Say no thanks, they offer 4 months free, Say no thanks and they say OK. The guy I chatted with on yahoo chat was very friendly during the process.
It probably changed since Yahoo bought Rivals, in the past it was a nightmare. My membership renewed the 14th so I'm locked in for another year.

I’ll be swinging. I pay for the lounge here and paid the dollar to make sure I have my screen name and because the insiders I want info from are there. If the lounge content here goes down I will drop my paid membership here.
Go out like a hero.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT