ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Why do you celebrate Easter?

Why do you celebrate Easter?

• Religious observance: Honor the resurrection of Jesus Christ & reflect on significance of redemption

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Cultural tradition: Partake in festive activities such as egg hunts and family gatherings

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Celebration of spring: Welcome the arrival of springtime & embrace the symbolism of renewal & growth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not celebrating: Due to personal beliefs or indifference towards religious holidays.

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
Easter Sunday in America traces its origins to both Christian tradition and pagan rituals celebrating the arrival of spring. It commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixion. For some, celebrating Easter is a religious observance, symbolizing redemption and new life. Others embrace it as a cultural tradition, enjoying activities like egg hunts and family gatherings. Some may simply appreciate the arrival of spring, while others choose not to celebrate it at all due to personal beliefs or indifference to religious holidays.

maxresdefault.jpg

easter-bunny-with-eggs-and-decoration-royalty-free-image-1708354280.jpg

It’s both cultural and religious for me. Much of my Hellenic identity is inextricably linked to the two, just as it is for many others regardless of religious affiliation.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
One of my best friends’ last name is Christ (pronounced like the first half of Christmas) so I celebrate by flooding the group chat with jokes about when he wakes up we can say “Christ has risen”.

Thats why I celebrate Easter. For the meme.

Reactions: Moral
One of my best friends’ last name is Christ (pronounced like the first half of Christmas) so I celebrate by flooding the group chat with jokes about when he wakes up we can say “Christ has risen”.

Thats why I celebrate Easter. For the meme.

I hope he says that in the bedroom.

Christians celebrate Easter because Christ conquered death
through his resurrection from the grave on Easter morning.
For the non-Christian the cemetery is a dead end street.
For the Christian who believes in Christ, eternal life in Heaven
is a free gift.

Christians celebrate Easter because Christ conquered death
through his resurrection from the grave on Easter morning.
For the non-Christian the cemetery is a dead end street.
For the Christian who believes in Christ, eternal life in Heaven
is a free gift.

Hmmm

I just really like ham, and then the weeks worth of ham sandwiches and ham and eggs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT