ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Recruits

Do you know any recent info pertaining to 2106 PG Jerry Myles? How he looked this season, serious interest, etc?

Unless something has changed, I can't imagine there's much interest in Myles. He sounds like a pretty serious head case.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Winston may be Fran's top target for the PG position, my question is will Fran want an other SG in the 16 class or will hev take 3 bigs in a combination of PF and Centers with a pg?

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Winston may be Fran's top target for the PG position, my question is will Fran want an other SG in the 16 class or will hev take 3 bigs in a combination of PF and Centers with a pg?

Winston will stay in the state of Michigan as both MSU and Michigan will make a serious effort to land him. Right now for the 2016 class Charlie Moore (5'9" Morgan Park, Chicago) and Micah Bradford (6'1" Bradley Bourbonnais) are the targets at PG and both have visited. Moore may have a tougher time at D1 due to his size. He was exploited in recent state semifinal against Belleville Althoff.

I am betting Fran wants PF/C Tyler Cook (6'9"Chaminade, St. Louis) to go with Iowa native PF Cordell Pemsl and SF/PF Rapolas Ivanauskas (6'9"+ Barrington, IL). Cook is the key to the bigs, IMHO. Rapolas is probably going to be the top senior recruit in the State of IL next year (ahead of Nick Rakocevic). Cook is very good friends (I've heard) with super HS sophomores Michael Porter and Jeremiah Tilmon. Networking in St. Louis and Chicago essential to Iowa's BB program moving back to top 20 consideration, IMO.

With Williams committing, I'm hoping for Pemsl (already committed), Santos and two of Cook, Rakocevic and Ivanauskas for their 2016 class. This is, of course, assuming that they fill the last scholarship this year, likely with Jones.

Originally posted by SSG T:
With Williams committing, I'm hoping for Pemsl (already committed), Santos and two of Cook, Rakocevic and Ivanauskas for their 2016 class. This is, of course, assuming that they fill the last scholarship this year, likely with Jones.
That would be an absolute beast of a class

Originally posted by TheHawkeyeDudeAbides:

Winston will stay in the state of Michigan as both MSU and Michigan will make a serious effort to land him. Right now for the 2016 class Charlie Moore (5'9" Morgan Park, Chicago) and Micah Bradford (6'1" Bradley Bourbonnais) are the targets at PG and both have visited. Moore may have a tougher time at D1 due to his size. He was exploited in recent state semifinal against Belleville Althoff.

I am betting Fran wants PF/C Tyler Cook (6'9"Chaminade, St. Louis) to go with Iowa native PF Cordell Pemsl and SF/PF Rapolas Ivanauskas (6'9"+ Barrington, IL). Cook is the key to the bigs, IMHO. Rapolas is probably going to be the top senior recruit in the State of IL next year (ahead of Nick Rakocevic). Cook is very good friends (I've heard) with super HS sophomores Michael Porter and Jeremiah Tilmon. Networking in St. Louis and Chicago essential to Iowa's BB program moving back to top 20 consideration, IMO.
Where does Iowa stand with Cook and Ivanauskas? Are we just one of many?

Originally posted by HoustonREDHawk:

Where does Iowa stand with Cook and Ivanauskas? Are we just one of many?
Cook has made at least two visits to Carver that I know. Cook has several suitors (Kansas, ISU, Mizzou) but he has always recalled that I was the one showing him the most love.

Rapolas (Rap) had early offers from Northwestern and Iowa. Recently, Virginia and Wisconsin have been said to have offered. B1G interests, Rap has improved his shooting technique over the summer and looks more athletic. He does needs more musscle size and strength at 6'9" and 200. Others have said he could still grow an inch or two, yet. His father played European league ball before coming to USA. Rap kinda like a Aaron White/ JR Koch/ Brad Lohaus mix, Inside game and outside shooting touch.

With Jones visiting and pending commitment I would expect we will have only two schollies next year. One I hope goes to either Rac or Cook. I really like Santos, looks like a difference maker.

Cook and Santos a long with Pemsyl would make a great class next year.

Originally posted by GunnerHawk:

With Jones visiting and pending commitment I would expect we will have only two schollies next year. One I hope goes to either Rac or Cook. I really like Santos, looks like a difference maker.

We will still have four scholarships available. Gesell, Clemmons, Uthoff, Woodbury all completing their eligibility.

Pemsl is in the books. Not a bad start
wink.r191677.gif

McCaffery has said that in today's recruiting world playing time is the ultimate concern. Well, post and point should be as wide open as ever, similar to when the 2012 class that included Woody, Gesell and Clemmons arrived. I fully expect a stellar class.

Just think, that group we watched this season? In one year all but two will be gone! 2016/17:

seniors: Peter Jok, Dale Jones (I'm writing him in)
Juniors: Dominque Uhl
Sophomores: Ellingson, Hutton, Fleming, Wagner, Moss, Williams
Freshmen: Pemsl, Open, Open, Open (of course could be jucos, transfers..etc.)

And of course transfers out will happen so I doubt very much this will be accurate. But 2016/17 does seem to represent the last changing of the guard. Someday it will be interesting to compare the 2011-2013 recruiting class results with the 2015-2017 class results.

Looking back, 2014 was very much caught behind a log jam and it gets easier to see why it seemed like such a struggle. Especially when the Iowa talent was not strong that year, (and UNI picking off guys with early offers).

Who else is recruiting this Dale Jones?? I don't see to many offers for the kid and I can't for the life of me find anything on him except a video from when he was at Waterloo West.

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:
Who else is recruiting this Dale Jones?? I don't see to many offers for the kid and I can't for the life of me find anything on him except a video from when he was at Waterloo West.
I can get why he doesn't have a ton of offers. He was 6'6" in high school. He's been at Tyler CC for three years due to an injury. Personally I don't think anyone was following the kid much. In fact, I suspect even Iowa only discovered the kid by going down to watch Ikenna Okwarabizie. So, in this case I'll pass on the lack of offers and say it's another one of those "finds" McCaffery seems to enjoy.

I swear, someday Coach McCaffery will retire and be metal detecting and.......

Anyway...not much out there on the kid. Old video and college stats. Not too worry...Fran wants him.

If Fran wants Jones, I am sold. I hope he is ready to play interior defense and rebound against the big boys, because that is where we will need him most. His outside shooting is a bonus, if help guard the basket.

With a Jones commitment, they would have four scholarships available next year. Mike G, Sapp, Uthoff and Woody. They already have a commitment from Pemsl, that would leave three more.

Sign me up for Pemsl, Santos and two of Rakocevic, Ivanauskas and Cook. That would be a fantastic four man class, easily the best class Fran would have brought in by then.

Cook has made at least two visits to Carver that I [/I]know. Cook has several suitors (Kansas, ISU, Mizzou) but he has always recalled that I [/I]was the one showing him the most love.
Isn't this against the rules?

Hey, whatever works, though...
wink.r191677.gif

With a Jones commitment, they would have four scholarships available next year. Mike G, Sapp, Uthoff and Woody. They already have a commitment from Pemsl, that would leave three more.

Sign me up for Pemsl, Santos and two of Rakocevic, Ivanauskas and Cook. That would be a fantastic four man class, easily the best class Fran would have brought in by then.
That is a great group, but one of the four scholarships will need to be a good PG.

Unless something has changed, I can't imagine there's much interest in Myles. He sounds like a pretty serious head case.

Hopefully we can put the Myles name to bed. As you say, he's a head case and Fran doesn't recruit head cases.

Originally posted by HoustonREDHawk:

That is a great group, but one of the four scholarships will need to be a good PG.
With Williams in the fold, I'm not as concerned. They'll have 3-4 guys that can provide backup minutes, and I'm not too sure they'd be incredibly hurt even with a long term injury. If they didn't get Williams, I'd definitely want a PG.

Originally posted by mstp1992:

Cook has made at least two visits to Carver that I [/I]know. Cook has several suitors (Kansas, ISU, Mizzou) but he has always recalled that I [/I]was the one showing him the most love.

wink.r191677.gif
Sorry..the second I should have read Iowa. my faux pas.

Originally posted by mstp1992:

wink.r191677.gif
Sorry..the second I should have read Iowa. my faux pas.
Oh, I think we've all made this type of ... umm ... er ... mistake.

(it was a hanging curve ball and I'm ready for baseball to start)

Originally posted by LaoHawk:
Saw an indication that IA is recruiting a 2017 SG Wes Morgan but no real info on him, he's tall and lanky. He must be an under the radar recruit for Fran. I think this is the only video of him I can find on youtube. Anyone know?
LaoHawk,,,you know the kid is from North Carolina and not from the Midwest. North Carolina kids with any serious BB talent choose UNC, Duke, and NC State first. Iowa is not at the blood blue level where they can successfully recruit out of the region. Iowa needs to open doors to the five major metropolitans of the Midwest for the BB Talents - Chicago, St. Louis, Twin Cities, Detroit and Indianapolis.

Right now, Fran's son Connor is the SG/SF recruit for 2017. Connor may have Dad pay a year or two to help recruit more talent. I have throw out a prospect name from East St, Louis (IL) area in combo guard Jordan Goodwin as someone to watch in the 2017 class. National eyes for 2017 talent will be on Michael Porter of Columbia, MO and Jeremiah Tilmon of East, St. Louis.

247 VIP said that IA is talking to Wes Morgan so I'm rather believe their indication rather than the notion that IA can't recruit in NC....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT