ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

A lot of great wrestling today at Fargo. Things should start to get interesting tomorrow. Few things I took from today.

Ross is so damn good and does it effortless.

I was impressed with Dru Ayala on the mat and Jake Knight. I know they didn't wrestle tough competition but looked good.

Aaron Stewart of Illinois and Mario Hutcherson of Pennsylvania could be on a collision course.

Curious to see how deep of a run Voinovich makes.
Knight smoked #1 seed 13-3 to make the 1/4s. Ayala on the other side of the draw.

Inquiring mind; is the University of Iowa collective (NIL) in a position to compete for some (any) of the elite wrestlers? The chase for some of these kids will be intense. Already is, perhaps.

There's no such thing as "The University of Iowa collective NIL." The HWC has a robust NIL fund that supports wrestling. It's been talked about here and elsewhere constantly for many months.

If it’s the shoulder brace he’s been wearing that since the start of the hs season.
Let's hope for the best with Dreshaun. I'm concerned that he defaulted out when wearing a brace. Personally, I'd want him to have surgery now if it really is a nagging shoulder injury because without surgery, it will always be a liability.

Reactions: GableBeer
Precautionary with Worlds coming up? Or serious?
Same shoulder with the brace came out early in the match. Give up a takedown and a caution and one in the sequence and took injury time. Came back out and hit a slick takedown followed by a push out to make it 3-3. Had a front headlock and it after it was whistled, he stayed down and defaulted.

Let's hope for the best with Dreshaun. I'm concerned that he defaulted out when wearing a brace. Personally, I'd want him to have surgery now if it really is a nagging shoulder injury because without surgery, it will always be a liability.
Only problem is he never has an off season to recover. Surgery would take him out of football and the worlds now.

No need for Ross to continue on with Worlds coming up. Voinovich looks very good. Hutcherson lost a close one to Riley Johnson. Stewart is a force but I'm also hearing he may play football instead. See Ayala lose to a tough PA kid.

Dreshaun is another example of kids not taking the time off to heal and rest. His body is gonna be a battered mess before he’s even into college

Is that a bad look for Sebolt? Not a great reputation in that area already.
Unfortunately running the kids into the ground by the time they graduate hs has become a reputation there. It’s great he’s a multi sport athlete but clearly the body needs a break at times

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT