ADVERTISEMENT

Possible 'White Power' hand gestures during the Army-Navy game...

OPINION-Owners-MLB-players-association-need-to-agree-on-these-rules-changes.jpg

Upside down white power signals.

Shortly after finalizing the adoption of Caleb Adam Wainwright on Thursday, #STLCards pitcher Adam Wainwright spoke exclusively to @MLB and @stltoday about the family's adoption journey. Here's their story: https://atmlb.com/2GDntCz

D5B0brBWAAoxnF9

OPINION-Owners-MLB-players-association-need-to-agree-on-these-rules-changes.jpg

Upside down white power signals.

Shortly after finalizing the adoption of Caleb Adam Wainwright on Thursday, #STLCards pitcher Adam Wainwright spoke exclusively to @MLB and @stltoday about the family's adoption journey. Here's their story: https://atmlb.com/2GDntCz

D5B0brBWAAoxnF9
Can you put that into context in the situation of these cadets at a time where there was no action on the field and they were not participating on a field of play?

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
It’s all a political game. Any excuse to wield the weaponized charge no matter how ridiculous or imaginary

Looks like the Army and Navy have started internal investigations.

The cadet had to fall into one of the following categories:

1. Socially aware that the circle game exists, but somehow dense enough not to recognize the symbol was willfully corrupted by proud boys and other racist alt right groups. News of this has been all over the internet.

2. A troll looking for attention while wearing the uniform of a military academy.

3. A supporter of the racist alt right

Last I checked they do not typically accept dummies into our academies so #1 seems like a stretch. If it’s either 2 or 3 I hope they enjoy next semester at community college.
Well, he got in so they accepted at least one dummy.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
1. Why is Trump wearing a campaign hat while appearing as Commander In Chief?
2. If they were playing the circle game, is that appropriate to do in uniform, and in that setting?
3. With more attention on stories like this I anticipate seeing this hand sign a lot at Trump rallies in order to "Stick it to sissy LIBS"!!

Last edited:
As the HROT expert on the circle game, it has since developed into a viral joke. Videos that lead you in then unexpectedly show you the hand symbol. The WP meaning developed from a Reddit troll. Then boomers took it away from there.
Anyone who still thinks that's actually a white power sign is comically inept and should probably be banned from the Interwebz.

Am I an idiot for claiming to not know what the intention here was? I did play the circle game 30 years ago.

Ahhh...so your claim is now that the right wing white supremacists HAVEN'T co-opted the Confederate battle flag and Christian cross as symbols of their movement. Bold strategy. Let's see how that works for you.

Yeah that is what is so hilarious with this excuse. As if playing the circle game is a thing for the college football crowds on camera in the background. Ever.

This guy must have been playing the game too.
5b9e86d5439a9.image.png

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...-for-flashing-controversial-gesture-on-msnbc/

And yet he's calling others "stupid". Oh, the irony.

Reactions: noleclone2
It IS an innocent gesture. Morons have co-opted a sign that has been part of a silly, and fun game for years.
Anyone over the age of twelve playing "the circle game" is a f'n moron. So you got that part right. At the adult level, the symbol has been co-opted by the white supremacy movement and you childishly continue to use it at your own peril. The Coast Guard lieutenant mentioned above was specifically told to drop it and chose to flash it anyway. He's a white supremacist and/or a f'n moron. If you flash it in public - same choice.

Take your pick.

Anyone over the age of twelve playing "the circle game" is a f'n moron. So you got that part right. At the adult level, the symbol has been co-opted by the white supremacy movement and you childishly continue to use it at your own peril. The Coast Guard lieutenant mentioned above was specifically told to drop it and chose to flash it anyway. He's a white supremacist and/or a f'n moron. If you flash it in public - same choice.

Take your pick.
Hi. I'm an f'n moron. Been playing it with my brothers in arms for 25+ years and I'm near 50.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT