ADVERTISEMENT

Post a great movie that nobody knows about....

Kinnick.At.Night

HB Legend
Jun 27, 2018
The Indian Runner, directed by Sean Penn, immediately comes to mind for me. It's a tragic film based on the song Highway Patrolman by Bruce Springsteen.

84669693.jpg

Fandango is a classic. I have an early director’s version of it, which is basically the sky diving scene that he used to get the funding for the picture.

My movie that no one knows about is Big Night.

Last edited:
Tiptoes is one of my favs @Moral this is the movie Tosh summarizes.

Last edited:
"The Fare". Look it up on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed it. To describe any of it would ruin it.

Based on a pulp novel by Jim Thompson, "The Killer Inside Me" is great fun. The book was excellent, but the movie might be even better; Casey Affleck, Simon Baker, Kate Hudson, Ned Beatty, Jessica Alba, and others.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
The Indian Runner, directed by Sean Penn, immediately comes to mind for me. It's a tragic film based on the song Highway Patrolman by Bruce Springsteen.
Hard eight. 1996. Phillip Baker Hall, young Gwyneth Paltrow and a vicious Samuel L. Jackson. Classy old Vegas gambler has to make some difficult decisions regarding a dumb young couple.

Hard eight. 1996. Phillip Baker Hall, young Gwyneth Paltrow and a vicious Samuel L. Jackson. Classy old Vegas gambler has to make some difficult decisions regarding a dumb young couple.

Good movie for sure.

Also, this is a well known movie because it's Stanley Kubrick's first film, but somehow it hasn't made it into the collection of black and white classics that everyone knows and has seen.

It should...it's balls-out awesome, and not like a "Stanley Kubrick movie". You won't fall asleep. I highly recommend watching it tonight. I think it's even free on Amazon Prime maybe.

513R1JKB1TL.jpg

A Western remake of the caper film The Asphalt Jungle - The Badlanders.

91TDFVuvrNL._RI_.jpg

Also, this is a well known movie because it's Stanley Kubrick's first film, but somehow it hasn't made it into the collection of black and white classics that everyone knows and has seen.

It should...it's balls-out awesome, and not like a "Stanley Kubrick movie". You won't fall asleep. I highly recommend watching it tonight. I think it's even free on Amazon Prime maybe.

513R1JKB1TL.jpg
Pretty raw action for the 50's. Enjoyed it.

Reactions: Nole Lou
Don’t know if it qualifies but…”Twilight”

OLD
Paul Newman
Gene Hackman
James Garner
Rizzo from Grease
Susan Sarandon

Young
Reese Witherspoon nide
Love Schrieber
Grandma from Sneaky Pete
Gus Fring

Not bad.

Bubba Ho-Tep

Bruce Campbell plays Elvis (he switched with another guy so the real Elvis never died). Basically he teams up with black JFK and they have to protect their nursing home from an attack by a rogue mummy who is feeding on the souls of the weak to get his strength back up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT