Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Natty

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
IDK… I have a good feeling this is going to be a special season for Iowa …. I love our defense and the offense can only get better … wait and see approach as they have a lot to prove but I am thinking Iowa will only have one loss and that’s to OSU…. I could be wrong of course but this might be the year Iowa can elevate its play on offense as the defense is rock solid.

138d9e2b-fed0-451f-93a2-fead454ce67d_text.gif

The poll is kinda confusing; if we go undefeated (first choice), we also win the natty (last choice), right? ;) But we can't vote twice....

Any who, I think we have a chance at the CFP.

This could be a 10-2 or 11-1 regular season if all goes well....

Iowa's 2024 schedule:​

• vs. Illinois State, August 31, 2024
  • vs. Iowa State, September 7, 2024
  • vs. Troy, September 14, 2024
  • at Minnesota, September 21, 2024
............................Sep 28 BYE.............................................
  • at Ohio State, October 5, 2024
  • vs. Washington, October 12, 2024
  • at Michigan State, October 19, 2024
  • vs. Northwestern, October 26, 2024
  • vs. Wisconsin, November 2, 2024
  • at UCLA, November 8, 2024
............................Nov 16 BYE.............................................
  • at Maryland, November 23, 2024
  • vs. Nebraska, November 29, 2024

9 regular season wins. Losses: @Ohio State, @UCLA, Iowa State/Wisconsin at home. That would be a really good season. We’ve played way too many barn burners against inferior teams the past couple years and sometimes when you do that you lose games you shouldn’t, like Minnesota 2023. Hopefully Lester can lift us from losing those types of games.

9 regular season wins. Losses: @Ohio State, @UCLA, Iowa State/Wisconsin at home. That would be a really good season. We’ve played way too many barn burners against inferior teams the past couple years and sometimes when you do that you lose games you shouldn’t, like Minnesota 2023. Hopefully Lester can lift us from losing those types of games.
Thinking the same thing. I also expect Nebraska to be good enough to beat us...that one might come down to how far on the QB depth chart we're reaching at the end of November.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
The poll is kinda confusing; if we go undefeated (first choice), we also win the natty (last choice), right? ;) But we can't vote twice....

Any who, I think we have a chance at the CFP.

This could be a 10-2 or 11-1 regular season if all goes well....

Iowa's 2024 schedule:​

• vs. Illinois State, August 31, 2024
  • vs. Iowa State, September 7, 2024
  • vs. Troy, September 14, 2024
  • at Minnesota, September 21, 2024
............................Sep 28 BYE.............................................
  • at Ohio State, October 5, 2024
  • vs. Washington, October 12, 2024
  • at Michigan State, October 19, 2024
  • vs. Northwestern, October 26, 2024
  • vs. Wisconsin, November 2, 2024
  • at UCLA, November 8, 2024
............................Nov 16 BYE.............................................
  • at Maryland, November 23, 2024
  • vs. Nebraska, November 29, 2024
I confuse myself most of the time so understandable

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
The Oline and Cade's health are going to make this season a CFP team. No matter what, Iowa plasters Debby at the end of the year, at home, under the lights, and NU starting a Freshman QB. They better have found a line if they expect to play against Iowa.

If Cade is actually healthy
10-2. Close loss to OSU, and a letdown game against UCLA or Northwestern.

Sullivan takes over after
9-3, 20+ point beatdown at OSU, Loss to Washington and UCLA.

I’m checking in at 11-1 and making the playoffs. If Cade stays healthy (I know…I know) I can see it. Definitely some places we can trip up but I love this defense. The OSU game could be real interesting. We get a bye before playing them and they play the week before at MSU and following us against Oregon.

I’m checking in at 11-1 and making the playoffs. If Cade stays healthy (I know…I know) I can see it. Definitely some places we can trip up but I love this defense. The OSU game could be real interesting. We get a bye before playing them and they play the week before at MSU and following us against Oregon.

11-1 and making the CFP regardless of making B1G Championship game?

I just don't believe you can penalize a team for making their title game and losing. Not sure what the benefits are really for say an undefeated Ohio State to play in a CCG??

its gonna be interesting to see how the top 2 teams are picked from an 18 team conference

you'd think that if Iowa went 11-1 they'd be in the B1G Championship game; win that game, or lose it, or not make it, 11-1 should get you in the CFP

now if we go 10-2, not sure how that would play out; just depends on the other teams in contention....

its gonna be interesting to see how the top 2 teams are picked from an 18 team conference

you'd think that if Iowa went 11-1 they'd be in the B1G Championship game; win that game, or lose it, or not make it, 11-1 should get you in the CFP

now if we go 10-2, not sure how that would play out; just depends on the other teams in contention....
It's just set up for controversy. With the lack of head-to-head there are bound to be some ties. The B1G still hasn't decided. Once you get past wins/losses, head-to-head and non-conf you're left with metrics like points for, point differential, strength of schedule...all of which have flaws.

Good chance there will be an 11-1 B1G team not getting into the playoff...almost certainly a 10-2 team.

Reactions: dadster
It's just set up for controversy. With the lack of head-to-head there are bound to be some ties. The B1G still hasn't decided. Once you get past wins/losses, head-to-head and non-conf you're left with metrics like points for, point differential, strength of schedule...all of which have flaws.

Good chance there will be an 11-1 B1G team not getting into the playoff...almost certainly a 10-2 team.
if we play osu twice prior to cfp losing both times in very close (down to last play type) contests, maybe we get a 3rd shot at them if we are 10-2?

It's easy to chalk up OSU as a loss, because I don't think anyone is beating them this season. They're going for the throat this year. The game against Michigan State is going to be a coin toss, and it's one to watch out for. The other away game that concerns me is UCLA. We always shit the bed when we head west, that game feels like it could be a disaster.

Washington is a giant question mark, so that's a home game we'll have to be wary of. And finally, one possible random loss; Wisconsin and Nebraska being the most likely, despite Iowa being a better team than both.

We could be an 11-1 team, but we could also be an 8-4 team. Anything less than 10 should be considered a disappointment.

I voted 9-3 mostly because of concerns for Cade's health and a new offensive coordinator and system. Could be 11-1 if the planets line up and we a few good breaks precisely when we need them.
I have us at 9-3 but I could see 6-6. (yeah, I know. Blasphemy). Look back at last year, Nebbie, Illinois, NW all less than 7 points and not very good teams. We're going to lose one or two of those close ones this year.

2024 is unpredictable.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
6and 6 if they are lucky

I think there’s a learning curve for the offense. We saw how the team did transitioning to GDGD offense

These guys struggled in Brian’s 5 play offense as well.

I think miscommunication with WR, a poor OL (still) and very shaky QB play costs us games.

My hope for the year is that the offense starts to click as the year goes on. Big assumptions for QB and OL

I think we’ll look back on the last couple of years and realize how insane it was to win the way Iowa did.

I don’t see that being sustainable any longer.

I have us at 9-3 but I could see 6-6. (yeah, I know. Blasphemy). Look back at last year, Nebbie, Illinois, NW all less than 7 points and not very good teams. We're going to lose one or two of those close ones this year.

2024 is unpredictable.
I mean Vegas has us at 7.5 wins. Iowa won a lot of coin flip games, only losing to Minnesota. Those games flip this year and you lose to OSU, then a .500 season isn’t out of reach. Nebraska, Wisconsin, Washington, @UCLA, @Maryland, @MSU, Iowa State, @Minnesota, those are all one score lines either way.

Reactions: dmaw and BonzoFury
I think we can go 9-3 regular season with our fairly favorable schedule. Losses to OSU and Washington plus the yearly turd game to who knows. Best case scenario imo. Could very easily end up 7-5 if there are a few surprise teams greatly improving(i.e. Nebraska?). No CFP.

I think we can go 9-3 regular season with our fairly favorable schedule. Losses to OSU and Washington plus the yearly turd game to who knows. Best case scenario imo. Could very easily end up 7-5 if there are a few surprise teams greatly improving(i.e. Nebraska?). No CFP.
Washington is a 50/50 game. Tough to call with all their turnover. It's one you have to have for a great season.

Reactions: SolarHawk
Washington is a 50/50 game. Tough to call with all their turnover. It's one you have to have for a great season.
I would love to be wrong, but I think we have a lot of insanely optimistic fans on this board(obviously I know) regarding our offensive output this coming season. Last year was an anomaly. No way we can rely on the D and special teams to win close games the way they did last year. And let’s not forget how pathetic we performed against teams that were competent on offense. We played a lot of garbage teams down to the wire. I think we should all hope for an 8-4 to 9-3 type season with a nice bowl in Florida again and build on that for the following season. And if I’m honest, hopefully we are in the last season of a KF led Iowa team as it’s time imo.

Reactions: BonzoFury
I would love to be wrong, but I think we have a lot of insanely optimistic fans on this board(obviously I know) regarding our offensive output this coming season. Last year was an anomaly. No way we can rely on the D and special teams to win close games the way they did last year. And let’s not forget how pathetic we performed against teams that were competent on offense. We played a lot of garbage teams down to the wire. I think we should all hope for an 8-4 to 9-3 type season with a nice bowl in Florida again and build on that for the following season. And if I’m honest, hopefully we are in the last season of a KF led Iowa team as it’s time imo.
I tend to agree. We pulled several games out of our arse last year and weren't even in the games against really good teams. (despite our defensive effort against Michigan) The schedules are getting a bit tougher. 8-4 with offensive improvement. If we still struggle...it'll be worse.

Reactions: SolarHawk
F6n6

if Iowa only wins 9 games, that will mean Brian F. is a better coordinator and we should have kept him.
Believe it or not, there will be those that say that...or something similar.

We could easily dwarf last year's offensive production and have a worse record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT